Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Games with heavy metal music?

glordglord Member UncommonPosts: 338

I'm looking for games that use a lot of heavy metal music. So far the only ones I can come up with are Quake 2, and Doom 3 has a heavy metal theme song.

I'd also like everybody to check this out. 

Comments

• Rayx0rRayx0r Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,902

There was a video game called "Messiah" and "Fear Factory" did the music for that game.

“"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a robot foot stomping on a human face -- forever."
  • KCaldwellKCaldwell Member Posts: 2

Not sure if this game is coming out for PC, but Brutal Legend by Double Fine is a game pretty much focused all aorund Metal Music, it's coming out sometime October on the 360 and PS3, I know that for sure.

• WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988

Kingdom Under Fire, all the games in the series feature extremely engaging metal music, part of what made the game amazing in a way.

The Witcher has a few metal songs in some battles, but only on occasion

• RefnuRefnu Member Posts: 140

Can you...

Plop on some headphones and blast your own heavy metal music while playing the game? Works for me.

Current: Puzzle Pirates
    Waiting: SWTOR,Aion, CO
    Played: AC, WoW, SB, EVE

• nekrothingnekrothing Member Posts: 302

Gungrave, Gungrave Overdose, and Saints Row 2 (if you listen to the proper radio station) are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head.

• IlliusIllius Member UncommonPosts: 4,142

I remember Unreal Tournament having Quake'esque music as well.  If you're interested in that stuff just go look up Sonic Mayhem.  They are the guys who wrote a lot of the Quake/Unreal stuff and do music for other games that require a driving beat and some hard guitar.

Other then that I'm not really sure.  I wouldn't mind finding some more myself.

No required quests! And if I decide I want to be an assassin-cartographer-dancer-pastry chef who lives only to stalk and kill interior decorators, then that's who I want to be, even if it takes me four years to max all the skills and everyone else thinks I'm freaking nuts. -Madimorga-

• glordglord Member UncommonPosts: 338

Thanks for the replies. I forgot I made this thread.

I'll look into those games.

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

I got a PSP game called Infection (I think I got the name right), the whole soundtrack was nothing but heavy and death metal. A lot of my time playing that game was with the volume down (I'm not sure if I could mute the BGM). There was only one track I could tolerate while playing that game though. Who knows what track that was.

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• EnochRowanEnochRowan Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    edited January 2021
    I listened to this familiar track through a game on my phone.
    You need to install and download free game ringtones on your phone, visit sonnerie telephone, a website that offers more than 1000 free ringtone songs on your phone.
    Post edited by EnochRowan on
  • sereinnetprosereinnetpro Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    "Yuefu" began to appear in the Qin and Han Dynasties. It inherited the Zhou Dynasty's system of collecting styles, collecting, organizing and changing folk music, and eventually a large number of musicians performed at banquets, rites, and ceremonies. These lyrics used for singing are called Yuefu poems. Yuefu was later extended to refer to all kinds of lyrics that enter music or not. Even some operas and Qiyue are also called Yuefu.voip phone system
  • kidstonykidstony Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    edited February 2021
    You can enjoy finding heavy metal music you like with Spotify music player at best music players on android Techbigs. This is the application with the largest music store in the world.
    Post edited by kidstony on
  • ytry4365ytry4365 Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    edited October 2021
    i suggest everyone to get best tennis sunglasses for playing even playing sports or egames.
  • Lorennn04Lorennn04 Newbie CommonPosts: 2
    edited June 2022
    The guys making any future Doom games should hire you. Music and sound really make a game fun.
    son du jeu: https://sonneriestelephone.com/category/musique-de-jeux/
    Post edited by Lorennn04 on
  • Sammy00Sammy00 Newbie CommonPosts: 3
    GOD OF WAR SERIES. God of War series need no introduction, nevertheless, I'm going to introduce them here because I need to fill up space. The series follow the story of Kratos, a Spartan who kills his wife and children and sets on a mission assigned to him by the God of War in order to gain redemption and ease of heart. However, the very said mission results in a beef with Gods and he begins killing the gods. And this story goes on for a long time. But the series is famous for its gameplay, which is the perfection of a sort of tactical action which was introduced by Devil May Cry. You have cool weapons at your disposal and while completing platformer elements and puzzles you bring down the enemies with cool combos and special moves.
  • Don_EylerDon_Eyler Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    what about BF2021 and Elden Ring?
  • hutughutug Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    There was a video game called "Messiah" and "Fear Factory" did the music for that game.
  • SACerawSACeraw Newbie CommonPosts: 3
    edited November 2021
    Listening to music has helped me practice a lot more, and a place that makes me more focused: universo sf
  • sonneriesvipsonneriesvip Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    Téléchargez les meilleures et les dernières sonneries de téléphone sur sonnerie gratuite

• KarmaparanoidKarmaparanoid Member UncommonPosts: 12
  • RogerAguilarRogerAguilar Newbie CommonPosts: 2
    that's right, you can telecharger free ringtones of famous bands at Msonneries
  • AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085
    If I want a certain kind of music I simply disable the music in the game and play it externally.
  • tiffany_sttiffany_st Newbie CommonPosts: 7
    Prince of Persia: Warrior Within. It's a great game with a great soundtrack. And it's heavy. 

• tainhacchuong24hcomtainhacchuong24hcom Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    You can refer to more game music here: tải nhạc chuông 
  • MLeonardMLeonard Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    edited April 2023
    Damage Incorporated has Death's Cosmic Sea for introductory music. When I looked at the credits I was disappointed that a (obviously garage-level) band with such a generic name wrote it, and assumed that the game developers did it. ringtone dowmload
    Post edited by MLeonard on
  • JungleHeartJungleHeart Newbie CommonPosts: 23

I second both. Guilty Gear characters and names in the game are actually also inspired by rock legends and culture. Guilty Gear is seeing a resurgence lately.
    "Even at his most powerless, man's existence is never without meaning"
    —Suikoden I

Weapons of choice: Series X and Switch