Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ArcheAge Removes 229 Billion In Exploited Gold From In-Game Economy | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited January 2022 in News & Features Discussion

imageArcheAge Removes 229 Billion In Exploited Gold From In-Game Economy | MMORPG.com

In the latest round of bans, Kakao has announced it has removed billions of in-game gold from the economy after a recent gold exploit in ArcheAge ran wild in the game. The move comes as part of a recent banwave by the company to crack down on gold sellers in the MMORPG.

Read the full story here

Comments

• vegetableoilvegetableoil Member RarePosts: 768
    It would make sense if It was 9 years ago.
    ScotViper482McSleazKrisConwaydoomexAsm0deus
  • doomexdoomex Member UncommonPosts: 150
    Ew, Archeage...
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    My god 229 billion? WTF!

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    kitarad said:
    My god 229 billion? WTF!
    Pfft, pocket change for some I'm sure, heck as a casual player I had over 80B ISK when I left EVE and some players wealth is in the trillions.

;)
    laserit

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Kyleran said:
    kitarad said:
    My god 229 billion? WTF!
    Pfft, pocket change for some I'm sure, heck as a casual player I had over 80B ISK when I left EVE and some players wealth is in the trillions.

;)
    Meh…

inflation ;)
    Kyleran[Deleted User]

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• znushuznushu Member UncommonPosts: 18
    while the amount of gold duped is something to talk about, i'm more amazed that Kakao actually removed it when in prior products they would be more lenient on issues like this. so the fact they did remove it shows that the company did change over the years, albeit not that much.
  • LuidenLuiden Member RarePosts: 336
    I remember this being an issue in the early 2000's in DAOC and other games... if you told that Devs still haven't figured this shit out in 2022 I would have never believed it.