Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New World Enables Character Creation After Downtime, While the Community Has Questions | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited January 2022 in News & Features Discussion

imageNew World Enables Character Creation After Downtime, While the Community Has Questions | MMORPG.com

Character creation is once again available in New World after a downtime period was announced last night. There are still some questions from the community as to why.

Read the full story here

Comments

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,971
    edited January 2022
    My concern is did they restart the CC because they had sorted the bugs, which is what this has to be about, or did they restart the CC because of media articles about stopping CC? If they can't hold their nerve then NW is doomed. Having said that we don't know what happened and as usual this is all froth and speculation.
    Roin
  • hoenens1hoenens1 Member UncommonPosts: 310
    Master Desaster MMO. So much problems, so much breaks every update.. close it. It's failed and lost A TON of players. #RIP!
  • SamhaelSamhael Member RarePosts: 1,498
    The "butt problem" mentioned in the previous article still remains though.
  • dartseeddartseed Member UncommonPosts: 23

hoenens1 said:

Master Desaster MMO. So much problems, so much breaks every update.. close it. It's failed and lost A TON of players. #RIP!

It has lost a lot of players from launch, that's true. I think it's impressive tho that it's still the most played MMO on Steam since launch
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    Glad I avoided this dumpster fire
    Rungar
  • DattelisDattelis Member RarePosts: 1,457
    I know companies wont come right out and admit there's something majorly wrong with their product at their core since it would cost a lot of money and time to fix, but a lot of new bugs as well as old bugs (gold dupe for example) keep getting 'fixed' and re-appear later. I'm sure the old bugs aren't executed in the same way, but its just odd that the same types of bugs reappear later by another method. I guess its just due to lack of testing overall, especially when the new fixes don't seem to be tested until rolled out.
  • angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,259

Dattelis said:

I guess its just due to lack of testing overall.

I mean, their chat box allowed stuff it shouldn't. That is like really really really old stuff that should never make it to current games. their testing has to be beyond terrible. Probably rushed like you said.
  • RungarRungar Member RarePosts: 1,132
    there's going to be a lot of dumpsters on fire from now on. Its not like people hire based on talent anymore. If you thought it was bad now,  you haven't seen anything yet. 

[Deleted User]
    .05 of a second to midnight
    edited January 2022
    dartseed said:

hoenens1 said:

It has lost a lot of players from launch, that's true. I think it's impressive tho that it's still the most played MMO on Steam since launch
    The game is not dead, for me it is about are they going in the direction that would mean I would play NW in a years time? The steam numbers to me show the game is not "garbage" or whatever silly names people want to use. But I would say those numbers may speak as well to the lack of new AAA MMOs coming out each year, NW has no competitors in that regard.
    [Deleted User]
  • AngrakhanAngrakhan Member EpicPosts: 1,168

Scot said:

dartseed said:

hoenens1 said:

The game is not dead, for me it is about are they going in the direction that would mean I would play NW in a years time? The steam numbers to me show the game is not "garbage" or whatever silly names people want to use. But I would say those numbers may speak as well to the lack of new AAA MMOs coming out each year, NW has no competitors in that regard.

Well, the player count trend has been sharply negative since launch and continues to drop. Also, I think you need to ask how many of those player are actual players vs coin farming bots. Those all count as active logins you know. Anyway if the definition of dead is "still online" then no it's not dead. If, however, the definition of dead is "not enough players to make end game activities such as territory changes happen on a regular basis" then at least on many servers the game is very much dead.
    [Deleted User]
    Angrakhan said:

Scot said:

dartseed said:

hoenens1 said:

Well, the player count trend has been sharply negative since launch and continues to drop. Also, I think you need to ask how many of those player are actual players vs coin farming bots. Those all count as active logins you know. Anyway if the definition of dead is "still online" then no it's not dead. If, however, the definition of dead is "not enough players to make end game activities such as territory changes happen on a regular basis" then at least on many servers the game is very much dead.
    Welcome to the forums! :)