Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who is playing monster hunter rise (PC)?

DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
Monster hunter rise released yesterday for the pc, at first I was think I will pass or buy it later but now I'm watching some streams, think I'm gonna buy it now and Valhalla can wait to be completed lol

Tokken

Comments

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Bought it for 38! Gonna play it tonight! Supporter warhorn or what's it called!

• kurt350kurt350 Newbie CommonPosts: 2
    Hello, I used to play this game, this game is very good for me, maybe one day I will come back to it but I got bored and unfortunately I forgot my password and login and I stopped playing
    Every day is a new opportunity. You can build on yesterday's success or put its failures behind and start over again. That's the way life is, with a new game every day, and that's the way baseball is.

It's fun with a PS5 ? controller!!

• LinifLinif Member UncommonPosts: 338
    I'm currently playing. Great fun, I'm playing Heavy Bowgun. I like the necessity of good preparation.
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    I just could not get very far with the first game even. After awhile it got way to hard for me so I doubt I can possibly play this.
    Chamber of Chains
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Already did many, many hours on the Switch version. It is better then Monster Hunter World. You all do with that what you like  ;)

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    lahnmir said:
    Already did many, many hours on the Switch version. It is better then Monster Hunter World. You all do with that what you like  ;)

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    What does that mean? How is it better?
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    Linif said:
    I'm currently playing. Great fun, I'm playing Heavy Bowgun. I like the necessity of good preparation.

I'm using the hunting horn atm, with healing.

edited January 2022
    Sovrath said:
    lahnmir said:

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Well, ahem, here we go..... ;)

1. Level design is miles above World. Not only is there more verticality in its design, it is also much clearer and readable, something sorely lacking in World which had beautiful zones but way too crowded and cluttered. This lead to activating toads by accident, view of monsters being obscured etc. It also had the most annoying 'creeping between vines and stuff' animations. Rise has none of that, it is all open and instantly reachable.

2. This leads to the next improvement, mobility and, subsequently, momentum. Movement in Rise is so much better then that in World it is ridiculous. Through your mount, silk webs which let you swing around like spiderman and just an improvement in speed and animation Rise almost feels like a proper action game.

3. Which leads to improved monster design. Many old ones are still here. I mean, what would Monster Hunter be without a Pukei-Pukei to smash? There are more monsters in Rise, but more importantly, more unique skeletons for said monsters meaning that more actually move and fight different from each other then before. They also take the spotlight like never before because of the zones being more modest.

4. weapons have been tuned close to perfection. Not only that, you can now slot special abilities in them, something sorely missing in World. This can completely define your playstyle. for example, my great love is Hammer. In World I played an aerial charge one, which, unfortunately meant I constantly had to find slopes to launch myself from. Not here, I can actually slot an ability that makes it able for me to launch from a flat surface and focus on that playstyle. I now play bow, where I switched one of my two movement based abilities for an aeriel assault one. This opens op many more options and playstyles, contrary to World where you would be grinding passives.

5. Streamlining of gameplay. Harvesting takes one button press for all and can be done mounted now. Trakcs no longer have to be followed and perhaps most importantly, quests have been streamlined making the whole preparing much easier.

6. The tower defense 'in between'gameplay is much better then the whole 'assault on mountain beast'game in World. That doesn't mean its good, it just means the World missions really suck.

7. A personal preference is the setting which is very asian, contrary to the almost alien settings of World, which I not only cared little for but also are a bit out of place in the Monster Hunter universe.

That is, in short, why I prefer Rise over World. i could go on for ages but I won't hahaha. Hope it helps.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

Post edited by lahnmir on
    WhiteLanterneoloecameltosischeyaneDragnelusTuor7

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    WHen I hear "Monster Hunter" I think back to when I played one of the first ones a few years ago on the WIi.....Just standing there beating on a dino for what felt like an hour just was not fun...I am hoping these newer Monster Hunter games are not like that.
  • WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309
    lahnmir said:
    Sovrath said:
    lahnmir said:

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

1. Level design is miles above World. Not only is there more verticality in its design, it is also much clearer and readable, sometinhg sorely lacking in World which had beautiful zones but way too crowded and cluttered. This lead to activitaing toads by accident, view of monsters being obscured etc. It also had the most annoying 'creeping bbetween vines and stuff' animations. Rise has none of that, it is all open and instantly reachable.

2. This leads to the next improvement, mobility and, subsequently, momentum. Movement in Rise is so much better then that in World it is ridiculous. Through your mount, silk webs which let you swing around like spiderman and just an imprevement in speed and animation Rise almost feels like a proper action game.

3. Which leads to improved monster design. Many old ones are still here. I mean, what would Monster Hunter be without a Pukei-Pukei to smash? There are more monsters in Rise, but more importantly, more unique skeletons for said monsters meaning that more actually move and fight different from each other then before. They also take the spotlight like never before because of the zones being more modest.

4. weapons have been tuned close to perfection. Not only that, you can now slot special abilities in them, something sorely missing in World. This can completely define your playstyle. for example, my great love is Hammer. In World I played an aerial charge one, which, unfortunately meant I constantly had to find slopes to launch myself from. Not here, I can actually slot an ability that makes it able for me to launch from a flat surface and focus on that playstyle. I now play bow, where I switched one of my two movement based abilities for an aeriel assault one. This opens op many more options and playstyles, contrary to World where you would be grinding passives.

5. Streamlining of gameplay. Harvesting takes one button press for all and can be done mounted now. Trakcs no longer have to be followed and perhaps most importantly, quests have been streamlined making the whole preparing much easier.

6. The tower defense 'in between'gameplay is much better then the whole 'assault on mountain beast'game in World. That doesn't mean its good, it just means the World missions really suck.

7. A personal preference is the setting which is very asian, contrary to the almost alien settings of World, which I not only cared little for but also are a bit out of place in the Monster Hunter universe.

That is, in short, why I prefer Rise over World. i could go on for ages but I won't hahaha. Hope it helps.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

Would you consider Rise to be a good jumping-in point to the series? I'm seriously considering it as my next Switch purchase (after I sink another few dozen hours in Botw). I've never played a MH game, but Rise and Generations Ultimate are calling to me.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• eoloeeoloe Member RarePosts: 864
    lahnmir said:
    Sovrath said:
    lahnmir said:

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

1. Level design is miles above World. Not only is there more verticality in its design, it is also much clearer and readable, sometinhg sorely lacking in World which had beautiful zones but way too crowded and cluttered. This lead to activitaing toads by accident, view of monsters being obscured etc. It also had the most annoying 'creeping bbetween vines and stuff' animations. Rise has none of that, it is all open and instantly reachable.

2. This leads to the next improvement, mobility and, subsequently, momentum. Movement in Rise is so much better then that in World it is ridiculous. Through your mount, silk webs which let you swing around like spiderman and just an imprevement in speed and animation Rise almost feels like a proper action game.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

That is actually interesting because some steam reviews state the opposite. To clarify and to dismiss any misunderstanding, I am not judging/dismissing your opinion. In the contrary, like I mentioned, I genuinely appreciate a different opinion. In fact I am even asking for more:

People on Steam complained notably about lesser graphic quality, lesser content and worse engine leading to some stuttering in the animations and overall clunkiness.

What do you think?

PS: I was thinking on buying it on discount(I don't have time for it right now anyway)
    edited January 2022
    lahnmir said:
    Sovrath said:
    lahnmir said:

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

Would you consider Rise to be a good jumping-in point to the series? I'm seriously considering it as my next Switch purchase (after I sink another few dozen hours in Botw). I've never played a MH game, but Rise and Generations Ultimate are calling to me.
    Rise is the perfect jumping in point. Not only is it more streamlined then previous iterations, it also isn’t as hard as some other versions. It flows incredibly well, when in combat but also in transitioning from hub to inventory, to quests etc. Something not even World managed to do right.

Generations Ultimate might be my favorite MH ever. It has way more content, is much harder etc. It is however much slower, clunkier, harder to learn, more grindy, uglier (3ds port) and it also the last of the ‘old style’ monster hunter games.

So yes, if you are interested, Rise is the perfect entry point.

Edit: Rise has a demo on Switch, check it out if you want to get a general idea of what the series is about.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Post edited by lahnmir on
    WhiteLantern

eoloe said:
    lahnmir said:
    Sovrath said:
    lahnmir said:

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

That is actually interesting because some steam reviews state the opposite. To clarify and to dismiss any misunderstanding, I am not judging/dismissing your opinion. In the contrary, like I mentioned, I genuinely appreciate a different opinion. In fact I am even asking for more:

People on Steam complained notably about lesser graphic quality, lesser content and worse engine leading to some stuttering in the animations and overall clunkiness.

What do you think?

PS: I was thinking on buying it on discount(I don't have time for it right now anyway)
    I haven’t played the PC version so I really can’t comment on that, it was built for Switch though so it might have been a rough translation to higher resolutions and frame rates.

About the content, by now World has had several monster DLCs and a big expansion, Rise has just started. The base game however features more monsters then the World base game and, much more important, there are more unique monster models. World features quite a few ‘reskins,’ Rise’ monsters are much more varied and tbh, much more interesting.

Graphically I think World still is one of the prettiest games ever. Rise does not match that in a direct comparison. However, I found Worlds environments overly cluttered and hard to read and worse, getting in the way of fights. The amount of times I accidentally kicked a paratoad in the middle of a fight…. Rise picks its battles wisely and doesn’t downgrade the characters and monsters, it does dial down the environments though. For me that is a good thing, it also puts the focus firmly on the beasts you are fighting, much more in line with older iterations. Combine that with an increase in speed and mobility and you get a game that might not match Worlds’ graphical fidelity on a technical level but flows and moves in a much more organic way with all attention firmly on its gorgeous monsters.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask me more.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    eoloe

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    edited January 2022
    You can harvest while mounted? There must be an easier way to harvest than having to actually go to a resource spot. Why can't you do that from a central hub with your incredibly long arms?  ;)
    Scot said:
    You can harvest while mounted? There must be an easier way to harvest than having to actually go to a resource spot. Why can't you do that from a central hub with your incredibly long arms?  ;)
    Monster Hunter games’ grind puts most MMORPGs to shame, they require a herculean amount of time and effort if you want to reach top tier and gear. That they’ve smoothed out the way you grind says little about the effort required ;)

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Dragnelus

lahnmir said:
    Scot said:
    Monster Hunter games’ grind puts most MMORPGs to shame, they require a herculean amount of time and effort if you want to reach top tier and gear. That they’ve smoothed out the way you grind says little about the effort required ;)

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Fair enough, is there a mounted resource animation, stretchy arms and all? :)
  • TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685
    Maybe the mount snorfs it up.
    Scot
    Maybe the mount snorfs it up.
    My award for best gaming joke January 2022 must go to you sir. :)