Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Desert Online Fixes Classes, Starts Events, While Pearl Abyss Claims 230% Increase in New Dail

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited January 2022 in News & Features Discussion

imageBlack Desert Online Fixes Classes, Starts Events, While Pearl Abyss Claims 230% Increase in New Daily Players | MMORPG.com

Black Desert Online's latest update starts new events while the rebooted classes get some fixes and support. Pearl Abyss is noting some significant growth in new daily players.

Read the full story here

Comments

• NeoyoshiNeoyoshi Member RarePosts: 1,139
    "Pearl Abyss Claims 230% Increase in New Daily Players"

Me: What are the actual numbers though?

PA: 230%

Me: No, the ACTUAL numbers, not the percentage.

PA 230% -starts walking away-

Me: 230% doesn't mean anything without the numbe...... wait, where are you going??
    [Deleted User]

Fishing on Gilgamesh since 2013
  • KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,172
    It means something, just not precisely so. More new players is better than the same or less.
    [Deleted User]
  • KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,172
    Torval said:
    It means something, just not precisely so. More new players is better than the same or less.

Agreed, but then again if they actually just posted their player numbers and concurrency they wouldn't have to "claim" anything expecting people to take them at their word on faith. It's funny the bullshit PR games these studios and publishers like to play.

That would be nice, but also something MMORPG companies don't do much anymore if at all. I don't see PA wanting to spearhead a return to that.
    [Deleted User]
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    I am pretty sure BDO was on sale during Steam's WInter sale for only a buck or two...Also the language doesn't say "new players" it says "new daily players"...This industry always twists and distorts to make it sound greater than it is because they know this attracts people to their game.
  • znushuznushu Member UncommonPosts: 18
    neat but how many of them are still playing?
  • eoloeeoloe Member RarePosts: 864
    From the steam launcher:

playing 5 min ago

24-hour peak

It is still fairly popular. I was playing before with similar numbers and the world felt alive with players everywhere.