Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ESO devs call playerbase crybabies

YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
Clip from an ESO dev's livestream shows polite question about the prospect of fixing lag in Cyrodiil answered by calling players crybabies ... wow:

[Deleted User]BabuinixTokkenbcbully

Comments

• klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,949
    LOL, she's not wrong though.  PVErs complain too but PVPers are always complaining and it's not exclusive to ESO. 
    Asm0deusUngoodTokkenConstantineMerusDibdabsScotfoxgirlrojoArcueidmmolouNepheth
    "Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear. 

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    I'm going to need some context, That doesn't look like an official ZOS stream and on the ESO forums someone said that's Rich Lambert's wife and her not ESO related stream?

Also... Rich's reaction belongs in the watchpeopledieinside subreddit lol. He didn't look pleased.
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]Ungoodbcbully
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    Iselin said:
    I'm going to need some context, That doesn't look like an official ZOS stream and on the ESO forums someone said that's Rich Lambert's wife and her not ESO related stream?

Also... Rich's reaction belongs in the watchpeopledieinside subreddit lol. He didn't look pleased.
    I think it is a personal stream Rich does - and yes it also looks to me like he wishes she hadn't said that. Nevertheless, I do think it reveals what the devs actually think about the issue, which is sad because it suggests they really don't fathom just how bad the situation is regarding lag atm.
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]grimalIceAge
  • TheDalaiBombaTheDalaiBomba Member EpicPosts: 1,493
    It betrays a contempt for the folks ultimately paying the bills (the customers), which is never a good look.
    Kyleran[Deleted User][Deleted User]grimalTheocritusDibdabsTuor7MonsutaMan
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    YashaX said:
    Iselin said:

I think it is a personal stream Rich does - and yes it also looks to me like he wishes she hadn't said that. Nevertheless, I do think it reveals what the devs actually think about the issue, which is sad because it suggests they really don't fathom just how bad the situation is regarding lag atm.
    Oh I know. It's a totally unprofessional thing to say and do even if he didn't voice it himself but it doesn't really surprise me since that kind of casual contempt for their players is exactly what I have always assumed is how they feel when in their bunker.

I've never for one minute believed that "we listen to you and we love you" has ever been anything other than PR BS except maybe at their release day/week drunken party.
    YashaXKyleran[Deleted User]dragonlee66
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    seemed a bit like a joke to me. I wouldn't have thought anything of it.
    Babuinixklash2defIceAge
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    Iselin said:
    YashaX said:
    Iselin said:

Oh I know. It's a totally unprofessional thing to say and do even if he didn't voice it himself but it doesn't really surprise me since that kind of casual contempt for their players is exactly what I have always assumed is how they feel when in their bunker.

I've never for one minute believed that "we listen to you and we love you" has ever been anything other than PR BS except maybe at their release day/week drunken party.
    Sure, it is unreasonable to think that they "love" the player base, my concern is that they don't even seem to recognize that the product is basically broken. 
  • DigDuggyDigDuggy Member RarePosts: 635
    Can't really argue with it.  As a community, we are some of the most complaint ridden gamers out there.  Who do I complain about being called a crybaby by the way?

[Deleted User]KidRiskklash2defLinif
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Sovrath said:
    Fake woke is all the rage these days.

SovrathYashaXGreatnessAbimor

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• RungarRungar Member RarePosts: 1,132
    Good or bad I always appreciate honesty. I never thought they ever listened to the players in the first place so this is no big deal really. 
    .05 of a second to midnight
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    Kyleran said:
    Sovrath said:

I really wish people would take a step back. Not everything is a fight. Not everything needs outrage.

Not just talking about this video, it's just that there are so many people who seem so delicate.

A person at work complained that the shuttle driver wouldn't wait 3 minutes for someone to get off the subway. He said he had to leave exactly  at a certain time but she wouldn't let it go. Apparently he was getting miffed as he really had to go. She said that it made her really uncomfortable and asked to be let off the shuttle.

I just stared at her with no real words. When I was young the guy would have flipped her off all the while smoking a cigarette.

Unfiltered.
    Slapshot1188KyleranConstantineMerusklash2defachesomaDigDuggy
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited January 2022
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947
    Sovrath said:
    Kyleran said:
    Sovrath said:

I really wish people would take a step back. Not everything is a fight. Not everything needs outrage.

Not just talking about this video, it's just that there are so many people who seem so delicate.

A person at work complained that the shuttle driver wouldn't wait 3 minutes for someone to get off the subway. He said he had to leave exactly  at a certain time but she wouldn't let it go. Apparently he was getting miffed as he really had to go. She said that it made her really uncomfortable and asked to be let off the shuttle.

I just stared at her with no real words. When I was young the guy would have flipped her off all the while smoking a cigarette.

Unfiltered.
    We live in a world we we are conditioned to blame others for all our shortcomings and that anyone who has a different opinion is evil.  

KyleranSovrathdragonlee66Dibdabsachesoma

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• RungarRungar Member RarePosts: 1,132
    to be honest i was always surprised cyrodiil ran as good as it did. Considering how the combat system works and other considerations its a miracle it works at all. 

.05 of a second to midnight
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Wargfoot said:
    Everyone is glossing over the possibility that ESO players may be, in fact, crybabies.
    Good point, is it unprofessional to state the truth?

For some I guess so.

klash2def

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Kyleran said:
    Sovrath said:

Pretty deep for a kid who still hasn't got his braces off. Love the bit where he equates slavery with social media.

Oh yeah, and thanks for bringing a politically charged right-wing rapper's song into a thread about ESO devs' attitude toward the lag issue which is crippling gameplay in Cyrodiil. Appreciate it.
    KyleranTuor7Sandmanjw
  • BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,259
    Well, she's not wrong :D
    UngoodKyleran[Deleted User]
    Here she is in another stream telling players to go pvp in another game if they can't handle the lag, good lord:

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/923741471687991349/930538389562867742/qw84o0.mp4

ItsThatGuyTuor7
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Sometimes we need fantasy to survive reality 
    https://biturl.top/rU7bY3
    Beyond the shadows there's always light
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 927
    edited January 2022
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    Sometimes we need fantasy to survive reality 
    https://biturl.top/rU7bY3
    Beyond the shadows there's always light
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    If you only knew what other devs say about their players when the public isn't watching.

Brainy
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,347
    So you're saying that players are crying about developers calling them crybabies?
    [Deleted User]Kyleranklash2defSandmanjw
  • OldKingLogOldKingLog Member RarePosts: 555
    edited January 2022
    What's better, a hard truth, or an easy lie? At this point PVPers complaining about lag in Cyrodil, justified or not, has become a basic staple of the game. In fact, its become almost meta. If the issue is still prevalent this far into the game's run, there's a very good chance it will never be fixed, and players, and the game devs, are just going to have to learn to live with it. While her response was less than diplomatic, at least it was an honest and forthright one. I'd rather have someone tell me the truth rather than just try to blow smoke up my butt.

That said I burned out on ESO just before they released the Necromancer class, and have never felt the desire to return to the game. While the janky lag-ridden PVP didn't help, the combat, the power sets, ridiculous crafting grinds, and the nauseating RNG loot box wankery were far more glaring issues that pushed me away from the game.

PVPers complaining about lag for the last few years...

Post edited by OldKingLog on
    YashaXRungarBrainy
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,125
    lol
    YashaX
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter