Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ashes Of Creation's Last Update Of The Year Shows Off Migration To Unreal Engine 5 | MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    I might be a bit out of touch, but I checked the video by LazyPeon and doesn't Ashes have like the most progress among other kickstarters? I am aware of the delays, I just want to know if this assessment is correct or not. 
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Neoyoshi said:
    The only thing i know about UE5 is that it's supposed to have more robust scaling for large environments that essentially allow bigger open worlds to exist in far more stable conditions.

I guess it makes sense to move over to it.
    " Supposed to" being the operant phrase, reality of how well it performs or how much time it will save after the storming phase remains to be seen.

Brainy

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,512
    The Game Director was so full of himself it was cringe and hard to watch. This game will fail hard with all the promises.

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• Haki88Haki88 Member UncommonPosts: 230
    Mensur said:
    The Game Director was so full of himself it was cringe and hard to watch. This game will fail hard with all the promises.

Isnt it already failed?

*Years of delay

*1 day costumes

*500$ pack for alpha key

*Useless newsletters and livestream every month showing 99.99% art and models

*Selling jpgs every month

*CEO publicly sh1tting on archeage and new world while he didnt even released his game

*Lead designer of game left and it is replaced by CEO with zero expirience. His quote: "I have no experience in the industry"

*Hiring community-marketing team while "game" was still pre alpha or in real world pre-pre-pre alpha

*Finding content creators so they can promote and make videos for this pre-pre-pre alpha game with zero new content (and yes, these guys have free key! 500$ saved! and probably make thousands of dollars saved on refferal links)

*Having millions for game and then asking for more money on kickstarter

*Limited or should i say wasted time gameplay like you buy item @ auction and you dont get item, you need travel to city where that item is listed, pick it up then return and continue where you left, want to trade? Sure, go coast, summon ship, go to other continent, visit town and sell it! NO! What you need to do go to city near coast which have port, then summon ship and go to other continent...just wasting time, and i wont even start about flying mounts, tavern, "best" weapon, useless monster coins etc.

*Feedback from players. Imagine this, when they say we got feedback from players..does anyone asks which players? They got feedback from people who bought 500$ pack and tard content creators who got their key for free.

*Publishing BR game which got so many negative comments and later said "it was for testing"

*I see now they got some costume for 25$ !

*I dont know now, but few years ago there were discord and twitter bans for no reason, maybe these people just asked real question and then were silenced including non official youtube content creators.

*Refferal drama (make real money by reffering pre-pre-pre alpha game)

*CEO ex job drama (probably not his fault just greedy guy selling everything he can to make money)

*CEO quote: I actively tell people, do not preorder Ashes, there is nothing that benefits you by spending money on Ashes at this point

Its true, he says that but after kickstarter and after tons of hype about game and earning tons of $$$ from game web shop. He also doesnt like people to hype game but he does it, his marketing team does it and his zero content-content creators also does it

*For my "friend" in last comment: Interpid put 1 year estimated delivery date on mmorpg aaa game.

There is more but...who reads it anyway?

nursoMensurKyleranXAleX360
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    tzervo said:
    I might be a bit out of touch, but I checked the video by LazyPeon and doesn't Ashes have like the most progress among other kickstarters? I am aware of the delays, I just want to know if this assessment is correct or not. 
    Not really. Smaller titles like Gloria Victis, AQ3D, Dual Universe and Project:Gorgon are further along and released in early access, and Crowfall released (however unsuccessfully). Albion was also kick-started and is released since 2017. E:D kick-started and released in 2015.

(Lol, Gloria Victis was autocorrected by my phone to Gloria Victims)
    I meant considering the development time since Kickstarter and the scope of the project as well. 

Gloria Victims lol, I think you can pitch that idea to Netflix! ;)
    [Deleted User]
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    edited December 2021
    They are launching with many continents and they are not done the first. Have not built the oceans and water/ship combat. First continents is the slowest as it becomes the template for allot of stuff. 
    ValentinaConstantineMerus[Deleted User]Kyleran
  • ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,079
    The most progress for the game of it's scope, probably. There are other kickstarted games that have made it to release, but they're much smaller games. There are a lot of naysayers on this website, most of them were saying the game would never exist, it's vaporware, etc and now that it exists they'll move to other things to naysay about with this game, and when the game eventually launches they will figure something else out, and on and on the cycle will go forever.

Haki88 said:
    *For my "friend" in last comment: Interpid put 1 year estimated delivery date on mmorpg aaa game.

Key word being "Estimated", though by now in almost 2022 it should kind of go without saying that no functional MMORPG, especially with the scope they have for theirs is going to be developed from the ground up, and delivered in under 1 year.
    ConstantineMerusKyleranSlapshot1188XAleX360
  • DEXA88DEXA88 Member UncommonPosts: 175
    Another game that ended up in the cycle what we can do to keep people belive in us. Instead of releasing something that people can actualy play instead of going 4-5 years then anouncing sorry it's over !

Haki88 said:

Key word being "Estimated", though by now in almost 2022 it should kind of go without saying that no functional MMORPG, especially with the scope they have for theirs is going to be developed from the ground up, and delivered in under 1 year.

lol
    Kyleran
  • sakersaker Member RarePosts: 1,458
    graphics alone do-not a MMO make...
    (not by a very long shot)
    nursoHaki88Brainy
    Valentina said:
    The most progress for the game of it's scope, probably. There are other kickstarted games that have made it to release, but they're much smaller games. There are a lot of naysayers on this website, most of them were saying the game would never exist, it's vaporware, etc and now that it exists they'll move to other things to naysay about with this game, and when the game eventually launches they will figure something else out, and on and on the cycle will go forever.

Haki88 said:

Err, yeah, most of here knew this, apparently Steven didn't...or maybe he just is a liar?

Slapshot1188Haki88

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

saker said:
    UE5 has allot more under the hood then a graphics upgrade. UE5 can drastically reduce development time as just one point among many. 
    XAleX360
    edited December 2021
    Nanfoodle said:
    saker said:
    UE5 has allot more under the hood then a graphics upgrade. UE5 can drastically reduce development time as just one point among many. 

It depends about team also. If studio started making mmorpg in 2017 (and am not sure about this, maybe they started earlier but i will take year 2017) with ue4 that is 5 years of development and what game have to show? With this progress how much time will ue5 going to save? Years?

And here am talking only about game not including monthly shop cosmetics which includes costume, armor, weapon, mount, mount armor, pet, naval, accessory, freehold, guild hall, caravan, ship and furniture. They sold hundreds and hundreds of these cosmetics and they keep adding it every month. Steven said he wants to release full game at day 1.

He really needs quadruple his team asap, but since estimated delivery date is broken by 3 years and no new release date in sight he can just continue what hes doing which is small pace progress, keep adding monthly cosmetics and earn money.

Sad but it is true.

Edit: email mini drama (posted on june 2017)? Read comments and see dates!

hahahaha

XAleX360nurso
  • nursonurso Member UncommonPosts: 327
    edited December 2021
    Haki88 said:
    It depends about team also. If studio started making mmorpg in 2017 (and am not sure about this, maybe they started earlier but i will take year 2017) with ue4 that is 5 years of development and what game have to show? With this progress how much time will ue5 going to save? Years?
    And what I don't understand: If they "copy-paste" everything anyway, i.e. code, assets, etc., why make the change? What feature of the new version (which is still in EA!!) is so essential that it justifies the change and thus the delay?
    edited December 2021
    nurso said:
    Haki88 said:
    And what I don't understand: If they "copy-paste" everything anyway, i.e. code, assets, etc., why make the change? What feature of the new version (which is still in EA!!) is so essential that it justifies the change and thus the delay?

It justifies time!

Time in interpids mind is money.

ps: Just buying time, nothing else, same as charity streams because who can say anything against charity, halloween stream "event", covid and other cr4p while interpid sell and hype game but at same time ceo doesnt want people to buy or hype game ^^

Post edited by Haki88 on
  • GrymmoireGrymmoire Member UncommonPosts: 181
    Coming to a gaming platform of your choice in 2525 !

• GrymmoireGrymmoire Member UncommonPosts: 181
    With apologies to:

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
    edited January 2022
    nurso said:
    Haki88 said:
    It gives them a clear excuse to justify further delays from launching.

Maybe they joined the EPIC MegaGrant program, every little bit of extra funding helps, right?

:D 

Wanted to add, read a Q/A on the internet where someone asked if one should switch their game development from UE4 to UE5.

The response was to stick with UE4 if the game was planned for release in the next two years.

Yeah, we can pretty much bet against that happening in this situation.

;)

Post edited by Kyleran on
    nurso