Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for new trading game.

MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786
I am looking for a new trading game.  I would prefer turn based.  I recently tried Star Traders Frontiers and did not like the rogue like game play.  

I would like a game where I can either fly or sail around, manage my crew, and trade as well as have some combat.  No rogue like
games please.

Thanks in advance.

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

Comments

• nursonurso Member UncommonPosts: 327
    edited January 2022
    Have you heard of Starsector? It's an
    in-development open-world single-player space-combat, roleplaying, exploration, and economic game.
    [Deleted User]
  • DigDuggyDigDuggy Member RarePosts: 635
    I would like something like this also.  preferably MMOish
    strawhat0981
    Prosperous Universe
    is an in-depth simulation MMO with commodities, foreign exchange, and corporate maneuverings.
    [Deleted User]
    edited January 2022
    I can only recommend the X series from Egosoft: X4 has recently received another update and is, in my opinion, a hidden gem, one of the best games of the space trading & combat genre out there. See https://www.egosoft.com/games/x4/info_en.php
    [Deleted User]
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Sailwind is a really nice trading game Its EA but really well done with some great devs ..

[Deleted User]
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,610
    Palia – A cozy world made for you

One to look out for in the future. Combat will be optional and it will involve exploring to find rare resources and also corporative crafting.   
  • olepiolepi Member EpicPosts: 2,814
    Pirates of the Burning Sea is pretty good for trading. The Freetrader class gets some good trading ships and skills. You sail round the Caribbean going from pot to port and trading. You can also set up industries, mines, etc, at ports.

It's an MMO, with PvP, so your port could get blockaded and you'd have to risk running into PvP when you go in or out of that port. If they sink you, they get your cargo.

Building ships is pretty complicated, a single player cannot do it alone.
    Scorchien[Deleted User]

------------
    2024: 47 years on the Net.

• MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786
    edited January 2022
    nurso said:
    Have you heard of Starsector? It's an
    in-development open-world single-player space-combat, roleplaying, exploration, and economic game.
    I looked at this from your recommendation and it looks like it started development in 2010 and is still not complete.   Not sure it makes sense to buy into a game that has been in development for over a decade.
    Post edited by MMOman101 on
    [Deleted User]

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

I was hoping for a single player suggestion.  I know someone else wanted an mmo.  Hopefully this helps them.  

--John Ruskin

I have played a lot of ED.  Not sure I want to go back to it just yet.

--John Ruskin

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Could also look at Port Royal 4
    [Deleted User]nurso