Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen Producers' Letter Covers a Big 2021 and Looks Ahead to 2022 | MMORPG.co

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited December 2021 in News & Features Discussion

imagePantheon: Rise of the Fallen Producers' Letter Covers a Big 2021 and Looks Ahead to 2022 | MMORPG.com

The December producers' letter for Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen is out, and they look back on everything that happened in 2021 and a look ahead to integrating these systems into new ones to come in the push towards alpha.

Read the full story here

Babuinix

Comments

• MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,515
    Great stuff! <3
    Tokken

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,507
    Meh, still no sign of the end of the road, which remains ever elusive..

RemaliTwoTubesNanfoodle

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563
    I'm still waiting for them to give us the lowdown on the super amazing network stack they've developed, which they can't seem to integrate into their own game. This software's supposedly so good they are going to license it out !!
    bcbully
  • DesrynDoesDesrynDoes Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    Really excited. Yeah, it's been a long road, and it hasn't been perfect, but so happy to see VR sticking to their guns, growing, and moving forward...this feels like momentum!
    Mensur
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985
    More words with little tangible progress.

I still want to play it though.
    RemaliTwoTubesMendelKyleranSovrathBrainydragonlee66LackingMMO

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• RemaliRemali Member RarePosts: 914
    After all these years and still not even in alpha
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,507
    Remali said:
    Still struggling to get proper funding, heck, they even added a few NFTs but drew little interest from investors.

;)
    bcbully

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    Time to sell or be published by Gamigo.
  • blackthornnblackthornn Member UncommonPosts: 615
    edited December 2021
    Remember funded to launch. 
    Remember Brad saying 3-4  yrs ago alpha by Xmas
    Remember Joppa pissing on brads vision since his passing 
    Remember Joppa love of wiggling his eyebrows like a kid caught stealing candy
    Remember it's now a scam

Defend it all you want thru your hopes and dreams in it,  be the rabid dogs attacking truth. it's dead and you won't accept it.   I feel bad for you.
    MensurLackingMMONanfoodleKyleranMikehaBrainy
     Grouping in Old school mmo's: meeting someone at the bar and chatting, getting to know them before jumping into bed.  Current mmo's grouping: tinder.  swipe, hookup, hope you don't get herpes, never see them again.
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    edited December 2021
    Kyleran said:
    Remali said:
    Still struggling to get proper funding, heck, they even added a few NFTs but drew little interest from investors.

;)

Ok, so game that's been in development for 6 or so years, without a alpha, with no time line for an alpha, with no prospective launch date, wants to sell you an NFT for a game NFT artwork from a game that at this point there is no indication will ever launch.

What do you think guys, good investment?

blackthornn
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617

bcbully said:

Kyleran said:

Remali said:

;)

Ok, so game that's been in development for 6 or so years, without a alpha, with no time line for an alpha, with no prospective launch date, wants to sell you an NFT for a game NFT artwork from a game that at this point there is no indication will ever launch.

They have always put them selves forward as a hailmary. I dropped $200 bucks on this game. Fail or launch I am happy to be part of this hailmary and their community.
    Tokkenblackthornn
  • BrainyBrainy Member EpicPosts: 2,038
    Nanfoodle said:

bcbully said:

Kyleran said:

Remali said:

;)

They have always put them selves forward as a hailmary. I dropped $200 bucks on this game. Fail or launch I am happy to be part of this hailmary and their community.
    You have been pimping this game pretty hard over the years, trying to tell anyone that would listen that everything is on track even though many adamantly disagreed.  Some months ago you said they would have a playable Alpha by the end of the 2021.  You still believe that?  I haven't really heard much from you on this game in the last couple months.  Has reality set in yet or are you still on cloud nine thinking everything is going as planned?
    blackthornn
  • EldrachEldrach Member RarePosts: 417
    Don’t care how long it takes. This is the only game that will pick up the reins from EQ1 and mondernize/build on it. It doesn’t need to have the best graphical fidelity, all it needs is a rich, deeply socalized mmo with roots going back to what made mmos so popular
    Kyleranblackthornn
  • TheDalaiBombaTheDalaiBomba Member EpicPosts: 1,493
    Kyleran said:
    Meh, still no sign of the end of the road, which remains ever elusive..

Largely why I've given up hope that MMORPGs will ever become my main genre again.

I supplement my other experiences with CoH:Homecoming when I wanna just chill and do some regular ole PvE.  For PvP, immersion, character development, co-op multiplayer, RPG systems...  Other genres just have far better experiences.  It's such a shame.

Brainy said:

Nanfoodle said:

bcbully said:

Kyleran said:

Remali said:

;)

You have been pimping this game pretty hard over the years, trying to tell anyone that would listen that everything is on track even though many adamantly disagreed.  Some months ago you said they would have a playable Alpha by the end of the 2021.  You still believe that?  I haven't really heard much from you on this game in the last couple months.  Has reality set in yet or are you still on cloud nine thinking everything is going as planned?

Yes telling just what the dev say on topics and calling the game a hailmary is over selling a game you may want to readjust your perspective. This forum, if you don't spew nagativity there must be something wrong with you lol
    Eldrach said:
    Don’t care how long it takes. This is the only game that will pick up the reins from EQ1 and mondernize/build on it. It doesn’t need to have the best graphical fidelity, all it needs is a rich, deeply socalized mmo with roots going back to what made mmos so popular
    This game does have a shelf life. VR des have said so then selves but not directly. Engines and a games life cycle matter. It's why they are pushing to get funding asap. If they don't release in the next 2 years. It will be end game for them.