Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Might and Delight Down to 10 Developers after Layoffs, Book of Travels Development to Continue, Slow

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited December 2021 in News & Features Discussion

imageMight and Delight Down to 10 Developers after Layoffs, Book of Travels Development to Continue, Slowly | MMORPG.com

Work will continue on Book of Travels, albeit at a slower pace after developer Might and Delight announced directly that the team has seen significant layoffs, going from a team of 35 to 10.

Read the full story here

Comments

• RungarRungar Member RarePosts: 1,132
    no one saw this coming....NOT! Everyone saw this coming.
    .05 of a second to midnight
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited December 2021
    So in other words

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    I am Shocked >:)
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Apparently the game was not well received......I thought $30 was a bit high considering the game doesnt seem to have much at this point.
    Kyleran
  • eoloeeoloe Member RarePosts: 864
    I bought the game. I love many decisions about it, but I don't play it anymore. It is too much of a walking simulator to me.
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]
  • foxgirlfoxgirl Member RarePosts: 485
    Recent and All reviews on Steam are Very Positive. That is not an indication that it wasn't recieved very well. It's just very niche, and like niche games they don't usually earn a lot of money.
    [Deleted User]saker
  • sakersaker Member RarePosts: 1,458
    Damn I'm so very deeply sorry to hear this, been following this, have seen a number of good people streaming it. It's something that I want very-much to play just not till it's further along... I absolutely LUV what I've seen, fills a niche for me perfectly. Is there really so little room for something that appears to have actual depth style and dare-I-say-soul? Does everything have to be same-ol bland shallow cash-grab hack & slash? (don't get me wrong I enjoy a GOOD hack & slash from time-to-time)
    [Deleted User]
  • kirstenw23kirstenw23 Newbie CommonPosts: 13
    Regardless of its slow development, I would still wait. I just know that is worth the wait. How can I say it? Well duhhh. Haven’t you checked its reception? It bagged awards! Book of Travels garnered notice from a variety of sites, including Forbes, Gamasutra, and Rock Paper Shotgun, prior to the completion of its Kickstarter campaign. Wholesome Games will offer Book of Travels in their Wholesome Direct in May 2020. Further awards were that it also received the ‘Projects We Love’ Badge from Kickstarter and it was nominated for Best Long Feature Award at AMAZE 2020. For those of you who don’t know, the Amaze Award is given to a team that has built an amazing, high-scoring robot that features premium quality characteristics.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    Regardless of its slow development, I would still wait. I just know that is worth the wait. How can I say it? Well duhhh. Haven’t you checked its reception? It bagged awards! Book of Travels garnered notice from a variety of sites, including Forbes, Gamasutra, and Rock Paper Shotgun, prior to the completion of its Kickstarter campaign. Wholesome Games will offer Book of Travels in their Wholesome Direct in May 2020. Further awards were that it also received the ‘Projects We Love’ Badge from Kickstarter and it was nominated for Best Long Feature Award at AMAZE 2020. For those of you who don’t know, the Amaze Award is given to a team that has built an amazing, high-scoring robot that features premium quality characteristics.
    Welcome to the forums! :)
    Book of Travels, well is anyone surprised? It is great to be trying something new but you need to actually give them enough regardless if it is hack and slash or "more meaningful". This is another of those games widely lauded by gaming journalism who seem to think there is something wrong with the sort of games we play.
    edited December 2021
    tzervo said:
    Scot said:
    Book of Travels, well is anyone surprised? It is great to be trying something new but you need to actually give them enough regardless if it is hack and slash or "more meaningful". This is another of those games widely lauded by gaming journalism who seem to think there is something wrong with the sort of games we play.
    Well, I was. I was expecting it to carve a successful niche and be sustainable with its small team, like some other small indies do. And mind you, I am one of those that can enjoy both indies and mainstream games.
    Maybe they will still make something of it, I guess I have just seen too many games lauded as the game that will show we don't need hack and slash or FPS.
  • RungarRungar Member RarePosts: 1,132
    Scot said:
    the monsters were getting a little sensitive to everyone hunting them down all the time...
    .05 of a second to midnight