Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Patch size

ManteesMantees Member UncommonPosts: 37
Hi all. I am thinking about starting to play Everquest 2 again.
My only proble: I only have the original 2 DVD version and since I moved to a new house I sadly have to stick with 56K (on a noisy line, wich makes 3KB/s when I am lucky).
I fear that the patch to play the game will be huge, but I canot check without an active account. Just patching the luncher took some time to me. Anyone knows how big the full patch will be (considering that I don't have to download any expansion anyway since I never bought one)?

--
OGRank.com - Online Games News

Comments

• ObadnoObadno Member Posts: 401

I typicly like to re-install windows on my PC every 3 months and i only have the original 2 cds, (excluding KoS which i also have Cds and will use the next time i re-install)

on a wired cable connection it took me 3 hours to download, this is befor the new newbie zones negiborhood revamp, pvp server and KoS.

I would leave yours on overnight and a whole day while your at work or school, and that shoudl do it, but you realy should get at least cable because in the end it will end up being cheaper faster and more convinient

the files are about 8 gigs  if you dont have any of the expansions ore adventure packs its about 4 or 5

The new EQ2, better than ever befor !
    don't click this link...

• NaosNaos Member Posts: 379

Originally posted by Mantees
    Hi all. I am thinking about starting to play Everquest 2 again.My only proble: I only have the original 2 DVD version and since I moved to a new house I sadly have to stick with 56K (on a noisy line, wich makes 3KB/s when I am lucky).I fear that the patch to play the game will be huge, but I canot check without an active account. Just patching the luncher took some time to me. Anyone knows how big the full patch will be (considering that I don't have to download any expansion anyway since I never bought one)?

I don't think if it will be "playable" @ 3kbs mate, I'm unsure what the 2 disk install weighs in at but the basic patch takes the folder to around 4.34 GB 2,223 Files in 51 Folder still minus the optional Audio packs.

GL