Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New World Has Banned Nearly 8,000 Bot Accounts as Amazon Steps Up Work to Keep the Game Fair | MM

2»

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,167
    Tiller said:
    Were they bots or just bored AFK'n players?
    There are a ton of videos on the official forums (in exploits) of bots running wild... players were so fed up with Alexa the game master not banning them in game despite reporting them for weeks.

Literally packs of bots following each other.  Oh, and the bots that ran pvp quests to grind up terrority control (players had to lay multiple camp fires at bridge choke points to trap them... where they can).

This MMORPG game has really no in game human game masters... instead all scripts with customer service reps, who aren't even trained, to follow their handbook of automated replies if you want to contest an Alexa ban.

I was joking, but yeah I saw some videos. I stopped playing a bit before the bots took over. I'm going to wait a year and see if they get all their issues fixed. GW2 had botting issues as well within the first year with the Ranger trains running around; so I don't wanna zonk them completely for it.
    KyleranScot
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,990
    Tiller said:
    Tiller said:
    Were they bots or just bored AFK'n players?
    There are a ton of videos on the official forums (in exploits) of bots running wild... players were so fed up with Alexa the game master not banning them in game despite reporting them for weeks.

Literally packs of bots following each other.  Oh, and the bots that ran pvp quests to grind up terrority control (players had to lay multiple camp fires at bridge choke points to trap them... where they can).

This MMORPG game has really no in game human game masters... instead all scripts with customer service reps, who aren't even trained, to follow their handbook of automated replies if you want to contest an Alexa ban.

I was joking, but yeah I saw some videos. I stopped playing a bit before the bots took over. I'm going to wait a year and see if they get all their issues fixed. GW2 had botting issues as well within the first year with the Ranger trains running around; so I don't wanna zonk them completely for it.
    If I had got the game this is exactly what I would be doing.