Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Albion Online Course Change?

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• RungarRungar Member RarePosts: 1,132
    pve = money  ask eso. 
    pvp = shame and misery.. ask eso..
    .05 of a second to midnight
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • RungarRungar Member RarePosts: 1,132
    Wargfoot said:
    For a long time I thought it was the PVP that was killing games.
    I'm sure that has an impact - but in watching New World implode I've a more nuanced take.

It makes sense that PvP players want to get to PvP as soon as possible.
    Therefore, in addition to the PvP they want elements removed from the game that slow down the process of getting to end game.

Because of this, just setting aside the whole open world full loot question, you've got a player base that wants to simplify and eliminate every aspect of the game that isn't PvP - so crafting, markets, exploration, discovery are all out.... trying to share a world with people who are happy hunting turkeys all evening and want non-PVP complexity.

A complex, distributed market place is interesting to the PvE crowd but the PvP crowd doesn't want to participate in a market - they want to buy cheap/fast and go PvP.

The open world full loot question is only the tip of the iceberg.
    yes, this is why i dont like pvp in games or raids for that matter. Those are two specialized and very vocal groups and they will crush any game. 

eso learned the hard way the money is in open world lands and dungeons. There's no money in raids or pvp unless the game has that as exclusive content. Even then it is iffy. 
    Sensai
    .05 of a second to midnight
  • Bell110Bell110 Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    myloweslife  said:
    In reading about the updates coming to Albion Online I cannot help but feel there has been a subtle course change.
    Albion Online Previews Its Upcoming Lands Awakened Update, Coming November 24th | MMORPG.com

It seems the term PvE comes up more frequently than in the past.
    Not too familiar with the game - is this new and less of a switch to PvE than I suspect?

Albion has always been one of the poster children for open world PvP.
    Seems to be less so now - maybe a bit of a blow/cautionary tale for the full loot crowd/

In the end, it's a personal choice. Having multiple characters will definitely increase your effeciency, but whether you want to play the game that way is up to you. I have one character and am very happy with that decision. I know it's less efficient for faming, but I'm ok with that. I wouldn't bother with more islands or more focus even if I had them. I have friends who started an alt for efficiency and then abandoned it because they liked having everything on one character. I have friends who have a bunch of alts and wouldn't play the game any other way. It's a choice.