Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Valheim EA

123457»

Comments

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432
    Does this game now count as an MMO?

Looks like they upped server capacity (Is the devs, or a mod?) to 200 players.

Asm0deusAsheram

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• RungarRungar Member RarePosts: 1,132
    dude who built Valheim has mad skillz. Not surprised they could do it so easily even with the unity downsides. 

they should mod the world size. It can be much much bigger. 
    AlBQuirky
    .05 of a second to midnight
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,408
    edited April 2021
    If you guys are into mods there one called BetterContinents which shows some promise in making seeds that are less Islandy and makes bigger land masses.

If you look in the requirements section it shows maps made using this mod, there's a tamrial map, middleearth map, Azeroth map, Hyrule BOTW map and some others. 

Haven't tried any but this mods definitely has possibilities!

I would love to see someone make a forgotten realms map or maps!

[Deleted User]AsheramAlBQuirky

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

edited April 2021
    Torval said:
    Even with a few people on a server it still does not handle massive building and terrain deformation well. The recent terrain mod changes have improved that for some scenarios but it is still one of the struggle points for the game.
    I've seen his on many streamers who have massive builds for their base. They can get hit pretty hard with just 1 person there, thanks to the terraforming and changes they've done :)

[Deleted User]

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,072
    edited August 2021
    Hearth & Home update releasing 9/16/2021

AlBQuirky
    Asheram said:
    Hearth & Home update releasing 9/16/2021

I was rather disappointed with the video. Nothing really about the new update at all. I'm still excited about the update yet that video little help me, personally :)
    Asheram

- Al

- FARGIN_WAR

• SamuelKerrSamuelKerr Newbie CommonPosts: 10
    That would be amazing if you try it with a few friends! 
    AlBQuirky
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,992
    Gamingnix said:
    Asheram said:
    Starts February 2nd. I have been in the beta since last August. Awesome game, I just love the artstyle and the world ambience. Definitely worth checking out.

https://www.valheimgame.com/home/#anchor2
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/892970/Valheim/
    Valheim is an open-world survival game played from a third-person perspective. As fallen Vikings, we craft tools, build shelters, and fight enemies to survive. The game uses distinctive low-resolution stylized 3D graphics, with a combat system inspired by action games. Co-operative gameplay with up to ten people and optional PvP gameplay is also supported. GamingNix
    I have reported this one as an adbot, every post though well set out is an advert with links.
    AlBQuirky
    edited November 2021
    Scot said:
    Gamingnix said:
    I have reported this one as an adbot, every post though well set out is an advert with links.

Good on you!

I am it finding harder to decipher posts that actually use sentences and their structure instead of a naked link. I thought the exact same as you did while I read that post.
    Scot

- Al

- FARGIN_WAR

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,992
    AlBQuirky said:
    Scot said:
    Gamingnix said:

Good on you!

I am it finding harder to decipher posts that actually use sentences and their structure instead of a naked link. I thought the exact same as you did while I read that post.
    What is worrying is how much it sounds like a person, I can only hope someone wrote it for use as an adbot post. If not the robots will be replacing all of us soon. :)
    AlBQuirky
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,168
    AlBQuirky said:
    Scot said:
    Gamingnix said:

Good on you!

Maybe they should remove link posting privileges for accounts within the first 50 posts. By the time they  spam their way to that goal hopefully someone would have reported the spam. Thing is MMORPG.com is lacking the manpower to do anything about it these days so I expect it would be hard to stop even then.
    AlBQuirkyScot
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• TogglesunTogglesun Newbie CommonPosts: 6
    Didn't they cover this a while back? 
  • MorningDawningMorningDawning Newbie CommonPosts: 20
    I also wonder about what they said about Valheim and why they do not apply the same conviction about this or any other EA game...