Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New World Applies Fix For Time Skip Bug, Reduces Housing Tax By 90% Until December | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited November 2021 in News & Features Discussion

imageNew World Applies Fix For Time Skip Bug, Reduces Housing Tax By 90% Until December | MMORPG.com

Continuing work on New World, the Amazon Game Studios team made some changes today to address  recent bugs that made whole server sometimes skip time ahead by days. In addition, they reduced housing taxes by 90% temporarily to try and make up for some of the damage from recent exploits and downtime.

Read the full story here

Comments

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    at least they are trying to fix things........ too little too late?
    [Deleted User]

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• urriel1970urriel1970 Member UncommonPosts: 120
    this game with such hype has a bad start and the players are killing it with exploits and bots...sad..all that work..hopefully amazon will turn it around...or wipe all severs and start fresh
    [Deleted User]
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    I'll take the lower housing tax for now but a hefty reduction should be permanent. The game doesn't have enough gold sources to have high gold sinks like the housing tax. 
    Scorchienlotrlore[Deleted User]ValdheimKimo
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• GatsuZerkGatsuZerk Member UncommonPosts: 137

this game with such hype has a bad start and the players are killing it with exploits and bots...sad..all that work..hopefully amazon will turn it around...or wipe all severs and start fresh

The level grind is too long, if they reset it the game would absolutely die. Where the game is at right now is entirely Amazon's fault, not the players.

The level grind is too long?

Have you ever played a real MMO before? The level grind in New World is childs play...
    SKurj[Deleted User]theGnade
  • SKurjSKurj Member UncommonPosts: 156
    i don't own a house yet, don't think i had much more than 4k in my wallet at any time... but I am only up to lvl 34. the levelling grind is minimal. With all the issues i haven't been excited to play much... and mostly just end up farming mats to kill time..
    Game has been a let down, not that I have been directly impacted by it, I haven't, but watching the mess that others have gone through..

not sure i have a lot of confidence
    [Deleted User]
  • CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,868

Ya dude the players are at fault for all the bugs clearly.
    [Deleted User]
  • DattelisDattelis Member RarePosts: 1,456
    The endgame loop should probably be addressed first before they plan on adding new content. The watermark system will only make people quit in the long run since you have to farm up each slots item level. Kind of why the void gauntlet is having the opposite of hype for people because they need to rank that up from the beginning. Adding another level cap/weapon/etc only means you have to regrind up each slot over and over. So it honestly wont matter what the content is if the system is too cumbersome to deal with.
    ValdheimIselintheGnade[Deleted User]