Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Elyon Review | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited November 2021 in News & Features Discussion

imageElyon Review | MMORPG.com

Elyon, the MMORPG formerly known as Ascent: Infinite Realm, has been out for little over a month now and Mitch has finished putting it through its paces. How does the Steampunk work though? Check out our review.

Read the full story here

Comments

• rosepetal870rosepetal870 Member UncommonPosts: 77
    7? It is around 5 score game
    BrotherMaynardsamooryesordKSibValdheimLark3mGreatswordgastovski1PetitSoldatKyleranzeroscloud
  • KataalKataal Member UncommonPosts: 173
    I like what they tried to do with the gameplay and combat in Elyon, but the fact that Bless Unleashed (and I don't drop that franchise's name lightly), both looks AND runs better than this really says a lot.
    maskedweaselValdheim
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    Yeah not much ganking, though I had on a few occasions some asswads would run through my AOE in an attempt to kill steal my grouped mobs, but most times they ran away after they realized mob damage plus mine was gonna kill them and it wasn't worth losing xp to grief.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• milwalmilwal Member UncommonPosts: 65
    as per norm with your reviews nothing on crafting
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    edited November 2021
    Better score than New World lol
    RemyVorender

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,351
    Tokken said:
    Better score than New World lol
    Maybe that's because Elyon doesn't discover a new game-breaking glitch every week or so.
    TokkenWizzurah84eoloeLackingMMOvelimiriusdoomexScotmrneurosis
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• samooryesordsamooryesord Member UncommonPosts: 98
    3/10 from me. Everything was just mediocre at best. Wouldn't advise playing unless you're looking for a boring mmo to play.
    DekahnPetitSoldat
  • Archlord2006Archlord2006 Member UncommonPosts: 22
    8/10 fun easy access pvp and steampunk is a base 8 for me. RNG heavy gear progression? Wtfomglolgtfoffoh..noYou..didnt! Elyon gear RNG is at TET gear level of BDO. Yea 1000s n 1000s of less hours and dollars needed for endgame gear.
    eoloeDekahnPetitSoldat[Deleted User]Kyleran
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    3/10 from me. Everything was just mediocre at best. Wouldn't advise playing unless you're looking for a boring mmo to play.

I just happen to be looking for a boring MMO to play, thanks. xD
    QuizzicalqueendamaMcSleaz
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• eoloeeoloe Member RarePosts: 864
    edited November 2021
    Elyon is not "bad". It is just that the steampunk theme does not save it of being too generic and looking too old...

I love though what they did with build customization. I did not see such depth since a while.

Kataal said:
    I like what they tried to do with the gameplay and combat in Elyon, but the fact that Bless Unleashed (and I don't drop that franchise's name lightly), both looks AND runs better than this really says a lot.
    IMO, Bless is looking better but is way more clunky and tasteless.
  • DekahnDekahn Member UncommonPosts: 90
    edited November 2021
    7/10 lol you high. Absolutely a 4/10 at best. 7 is way to high for what this game is.
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,351
    For the people saying it's a 3 or 4, you have to respect the grading scale.  On this site, anything below 5/10 is unusually bad.  Here's the complete list of reviews of MMO-ish games that the site has rated below 5/10 in the last six years:

https://www.mmorpg.com/reviews/a3-still-alive-review-2000120135
    https://www.mmorpg.com/reviews/lackadaisical-wilderness-2000109219
    https://www.mmorpg.com/reviews/gold-rush-or-fools-gold-2000109218

Elyon is not that.
    Dekahnmrneurosis

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• SplattrSplattr Member RarePosts: 543

milwal said:

as per norm with your reviews nothing on crafting

I covered crafting in the review in progress, link in the article above. Crafting is very rudimentary. Gather resources, choose your recipe, and click start. Then go grab a sandwich while you wait for the crafting to finish.

Dekahn said:

7/10 lol you high. Absolutely a 4/10 at best. 7 is way to high for what this game is.

What is it about Elyon that would make it a 4 out of 10 for you? For me, Elyon is simply more of the same. Nothing is outstanding or innovative, but all of the game mechanics seemed to be working as intended. For me to give it a 4 or less, there would have to be broken mechanics, an extreme amount of bugs, constant crashes or server issues, etc. I didn't have any of those issues.
    TwistedSister77

8/10 fun easy access pvp and steampunk is a base 8 for me. RNG heavy gear progression? Wtfomglolgtfoffoh..noYou..didnt! Elyon gear RNG is at TET gear level of BDO. Yea 1000s n 1000s of less hours and dollars needed for endgame gear.

For each piece of gear there is a random number of enhancement chances, ranging from 3-6. You also have to succeed ad each enhancement, and each successive roll has less chance of success. Then there's the random effect and enchantments to get, plus getting all your runestone slots to the correct color. ALL of that requires RNG, so yes, I believe getting a specific piece of gear with the stats, runeslots, and successful enhancements is pretty heavy RNG. Maybe not the worst, but all of that makes getting tokens or waiting for your chest piece to drop in a raid sound like a decent option.

Quizzical said:

For the people saying it's a 3 or 4, you have to respect the grading scale.  On this site, anything below 5/10 is unusually bad.  Here's the complete list of reviews of MMO-ish games that the site has rated below 5/10 in the last six years:

https://www.mmorpg.com/reviews/a3-still-alive-review-2000120135
    https://www.mmorpg.com/reviews/lackadaisical-wilderness-2000109219
    https://www.mmorpg.com/reviews/gold-rush-or-fools-gold-2000109218

Elyon is not that.

Oh wow, Wild West Online. Now that was a piece of crap.
  • SpiiderSpiider Member RarePosts: 1,135

Agreed! Maybe even a 4.

Brings nothing new to the genre and is a 7????

No fate but what we make, so make me a ham sandwich please.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    edited November 2021
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• KroxMalonKroxMalon Member UncommonPosts: 608
    Devs need to start dropping Unreal Engine 3, it's just not up to scratch anymore.
    Gentrifried_Chicken
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064

If only reviews were subjective.....
    Scot[Deleted User]Tuor7
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • SKurjSKurj Member UncommonPosts: 156
    whatever happened to the big airships...
    Kyleran
  • RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    This trash gets a better score than New World.

K

Joined - July 2004