Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best full review of New World I've seen from a 500 hour player (Lazy Peon)

IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
He's right on the money with the pros and the cons.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
― CD PROJEKT RED

[Deleted User]YashaXTokkenBabuinixThe_KorriganIceAge

Comments

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    The irony that most all of his complaints many here complained about here for weeks and we were told , we didnt know what we were talking about ..

We  Were wrong ...

we are playing wrong ..

we are counting wrong

we have bad pcs

we are haters..

we are on bad servers..

BUt ohh LAzy Peon says it  and Now .. its word .. lmfao ..priceless..

Its good to see peoples eyes opening to this mess of a game altho it certainingly took some far longer than others ..

Ya know what they say .. " It takes takes the dimmest Bulbs in the Box far longer to shine enough light on a problem to see it "

Iselinklash2defYashaXborghive49Ungood
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Scorchien said:
    The irony that most all of his complaints many here complained about here for weeks and we were told , we didnt know what we were talking about ..

We  Were wrong ...

we are playing wrong ..

we are counting wrong

we have bad pcs

we are haters..

we are on bad servers..

Its good to see peoples eyes opening to this mess of a game altho it certainingly took some far longer than others ..

Ya know what they say .. " It takes takes the dimmest Bulbs in the Box far longer to shine enough light on a problem to see it "

Live and learn.

You put in the time and actually play it to 60 and do that grind, present the good and the bad and use words in actual sentences instead of just spouting exaggerated and unbalanced shit and you get credibility.

Who would have thought it?

Priceless indeed that you think your trolling is on par with Peon's review.
    [Deleted User]YashaXSandmanjwLinifThe_KorriganKidRiskborghive49GroqstrongGeeky
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

Iselin said:
    Scorchien said:

We  Were wrong ...

we are playing wrong ..

we are counting wrong

we have bad pcs

we are haters..

we are on bad servers..

Live and learn.

You put in the time and actually play it to 60 and do that grind, present the good and the bad and use words in actual sentences instead of just spouting exaggerated and unbalanced shit and you get credibility.

If you like we can go back to the threads where People here were pointing near all the same exact things  and you and others attacked them ..(I dont think you want to do that )

There actually some very long a detailed constructive criticism here that was disregarded by the Glee Club ..

But you just keep on backpedaling thru the New World shit .. That we all told you was there 6 + weeks ago ..

Like i said the smart kids figured this shit out in a week

The Other kids need it explained to them by Lazy Peon 6+ weeks later..

We should all strive to Not be the Other kid..

klash2defSandmanjwLinifGeeky
    Torval said:
    Good video. I agree with most all of hist points. I only agree to a point about the towns. The early zones feel much the same because they're mostly in the same biome. The early towns feel similar, to me, but not the same. They each have their own subtle quirky variations. Maybe that is due to the different groups that migrate to them which lends a unique social color to the town scene.

I also disagree that these things only show up at end game. For me at least they start showing up around level 30 with the first dungeon. Maybe that's because I play mostly solo (or Duo with blueturtle) and so some of these issues started showing up earlier than end game.

A couple of thoughts from the perspective of my play style:

1. First, I agree with an NPC vendor to set the baseline. Most survival types have NPC vendors with limited daily cash. Both 7D2D and Fallout 76 have vendors with limited cash pools that regenerate over time. This puts a cap on the gold fount while still injecting some cash back in the game and setting a baseline price for materials and items.

2. Dungeon Orbs either need to go entirely or the rare rift component needs to go. These should be much easier to craft. I personally don't see the need or benefit to them at all. It's already hard enough to find a group that will be willing to burn an orb on a noob and noobs still need a decent group to get the rift component. The system is rubbish.

3. Taxes need to go, get nerfed, or much better gold founts need to be implemented. The only people really rolling in gold might be the town holders, but even that is hit and miss based on the popularity of the town. The entire cash fount / sink system is broken so something more drastic than a few tweaks needs to take place.

4. The gear switching system for crafting/harvesting buffs gets increasingly frustrating as time goes on. Rare materials don't seem to drop unless you're very buffed and that doesn't happen early game. It's one of the most disappointing frustrating aspects of early game crafting.

5. Healing still sucks compared to some other action systems. Enemy combat doesn't need smart soft locks, but healing in New World does in my opinion. And if not soft locks, something more reliable and productive for the healer. Keeping people alive with a good system can be hard enough. It's a nightmare in New World.

The score he gives 9/10 early, 5/10 mid, and 3/10 late game is pretty cool. It explains why a lot of people initially butt heads with the usual trolls. The early game is better than most MMO experiences (and the trolls gave credit for) while the issues that start pulling it down don't show up until later. Also, apparently liking the game despite flaws is enough to melt snowflakes who continually need to shout down and insult other posters around here for liking something that they don't.

I still really like New World for delivering a whole game experience in a way that feels unique with regards to other MMORPGs.
    Agree with all your points 1-5.

Every MMO I've ever played has things I enjoy and things I don't. It's how prominent my likes and dislikes are that determine how long I stay.

I enjoyed it quite a bit in those 9/10 score range levels Peon talks about - and I liked his breakdown of his experience into 3 scores. There's lots to like and it made a very good impression on me.

Now that I'm in the watermark grind phase in a server with 500 peak on weekends it's not so much fun. Feels like a chore to play.

The game is not only just more fun in the early levels, it's also much more fun and engaging when the server is hopping with lots of people at different levels.

I pity anyone who picks it up now and wants to do low level group content. The game is in dire need, as Peon mentions, of scaled dungeons that give incentives (like loot and rewards that are level appropriate) for 60s to want to do Amrine, Starstone, etc. And that totally dumb orb key to enter dungeons system really needs to go. I've been bashing that system since it was first announced.
    YashaXKyleran

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,949
    edited November 2021
    LOL, oh man, this is rich.. the amount of backpedaling  I've witnessed the last few weeks is amazing. It took a YT for you to believe it or was it you believed it the entire time and just wouldn't concede?

While all the NW defenders were still in the "Honey Moon"  phase, I said EXACTLY what his first con was and that was NW has a lot of copy and paste assets. I got attacked, name-called and all types of stupidity because I was actually right and you knew it. 

You don't understand. It's delicious watching people take that walk of shame and try to find reason in how vehemently they were defending this title. Screaming in the face of logic because you wanted this game to be everything for you so badly. 

Like JSH said. There is a tendency whenever defending your hobby or your passion to overlook all the negatives and only focus on the positives.

All you people who got their blood pressure boiling over Archage 2.0..was it worth it?

Everything in the video is exactly what Scorch and others including myself have said but again the need to be right always wins and the weak, frail ego of so many of you cannot take the idea of being wrong about something. I will never understand,  and I feel sorry for your wives. 

Scorch you are better than me because I don't have the patience to go forever once I say it, I wait to see if I'm right and usually I am.

Take your win, sir...

To those who can wear the shoe, Yes, I'm being major petty.

Yes, it's well deserved.

Good day.
    ScorchienIselinSandmanjwKyleranLinif
    "Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear. 

This always funny regardless of game .. Nice Job they did with it again ..

SandmanjwTwistedSister77
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,404
    edited November 2021
    He is pretty spot on, this last patch was quite the stinker and has killed the pops....sadly AGS seems to be doubling down like the incompetent morons they are.

There still lots to like and enjoy in the game but this last patch is like they are trying to kill that off.

Have to say I had fun going to 1 to 58 and as such it was worth my 40$ even if the games dies now on me especially at end game.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• OldKingLogOldKingLog Member RarePosts: 564
    klash2def said:
    LOL, oh man, this is rich.. the amount of backpedaling  I've witnessed the last few weeks is amazing. It took a YT for you to believe it or was it you believed it the entire time and just wouldn't concede?

While all the NW defenders were still in the "Honey Moon"  phase, I said EXACTLY what his first con was and that was NW has a lot of copy and paste assets. I got attacked, name-called and all types of stupidity because I was actually right and you knew it. 

You don't understand. It's delicious watching people take that walk of shame and try to find reason in how vehemently they were defending this title. Screaming in the face of logic because you wanted this game to be everything for you so badly. 

Like JSH said. There is a tendency whenever defending your hobby or your passion to overlook all the negatives and only focus on the positives.

All you people who got their blood pressure boiling over Archage 2.0..was it worth it?

Everything in the video is exactly what Scorch and others including myself have said but again the need to be right always wins and the weak, frail ego of so many of you cannot take the idea of being wrong about something. I will never understand,  and I feel sorry for your wives. 

Scorch you are better than me because I don't have the patience to go forever once I say it, I wait to see if I'm right and usually I am.

Take your win, sir...

Yes, it's well deserved.

Good day.

Hmm, well as one who has never disagreed with any of your opinions on the game, congratulations on the warm fuzzy feeling of getting to be right. Other than that brief moment, exactly what the hell do you feel you've won?

I'm not sure about you but I play these games and come to discussion forums to enjoy myself and hope to see an advancement in this sadly stagnated and ever declining genre of gaming. New World is certainly and sadly not a savior. In fact right now it seems a perfect blue print of how to not build and launch an MMORPG.

So that means unfortunately New World looks to be yet another nail in the coffin of a genre that is already circling the drain. I'm sure investors watching yet another AAA gaming company's foray into the MMORPG market crash and burn isn't going to motivate them into continuing to throw money at a genre that for most companies has been nothing but one long and painful drawn out train wreck. So again, exactly what do you feel you've won here? Because as a fellow gamer all I can see is that yet again, we've all lost.
    laseritMendelKyleran
    Stizzled said:
    Scorchien said:
    Iselin said:
    Scorchien said:

We  Were wrong ...

we are playing wrong ..

we are counting wrong

we have bad pcs

we are haters..

we are on bad servers..

Live and learn.

If you like we can go back to the threads where People here were pointing near all the same exact things  and you and others attacked them ..(I dont think you want to do that )

There actually some very long a detailed constructive criticism here that was disregarded by the Glee Club ..

But you just keep on backpedaling thru the New World shit .. That we all told you was there 6 + weeks ago ..

I kind of wish you would. I'd love to see all the constructive criticism being ignored. I remember a lot of petty whining about the character creator not having enough options, asset reuse (like we see in every MMO) and, of course, mobs. Even then, none of it was outright ignored. Many of us made counterpoints and discussions were had. I guess if you fail to change someone's mind it's because they just ignored you?

Not saying there wasn't any legitimate criticism. I can remember one post about the game becoming very top heavy and it being difficult to find people at lower levels, and I completely agreed. Before all the bugs and the issues with the economy longevity was my biggest concern, and there were a lot of people around here that felt the same.

The only person around here who was unwilling to listen to any criticism was Jean, and no one has to worry about him anymore. 

I don't know why you've climbed up on such a high horse lately. The only actual criticism I've seen from you was about the combat, beyond that you liked it enough early on to give away several copies.

The bugs, the dupes, the problems with the economy and end game, none of that was brought up by you or hardly anyone else around here before it was in the news. I'd wager the "Glee Club" has far more constructive criticism than you do.

Laugh at the game struggling and possibly dying all you want. But, don't act like you were some prophet that no one would listen to. 

1.heh  .. Jean is here ...

2.. I complained after 1 week in various threads about .

A. Combat
        B. Lack of Mob variety
        C. RvR hrmm set up and Instanced ..
        D. Harvesting generic and Boring.
        E. Lack of Combat Skills ..
        F.  Performance in RvR
        G.Fishing is Shit
        H.Small Pop 2000
        I.Questing is Shit
        J.AH is useless.
        K. etc ..

And i defy anyone to go back into any of threads and find the catalyst of any pissing contest ..

It always came from people telling others..

"Go back to wow"
      " maybe you should go back to your game with crappy rotations"

" Hey maybe you should return to your instant gratification FPS"

for ex..

The passive/aggressive insults , from a small clique here that if anyone ever says anything critical of there newest Internet girlfriend the band of angry little hemorrhoids , just insults calls names and runs away, while the pat each other on the back .. ..

Jean being the perfect example of that .. and what got him banned ..

I am the last person that ever wants to see any game fail and really wanted NW to succeed , but as i posted my concerns here i was attacked .. So i will piss back .. Dont matter to me , I got all the time in the world .. Gets kinda funny after a while , and now even funnier watching the backwalking, excuse making ,goal post moving , and even that was predicted would happen ..(good Job Klash)

White Knighting never ends well .. That is the root of all of this ..

klash2def
    klash2def said:

Take your win, sir...

Yes, it's well deserved.

Good day.
    You and Scorch have contributed absolutely zero to any intelligent discussions abut the pros and cons of the game because your fragile little boy egos won't allow you.

Grats on winning whatever the fuck you think you've won lol.

Meanwhile I'm just starting to level up my 2nd character because that early part of the game is a 9/10 or did you miss that part of the video? You did watch the video didn't you?

You must have cringed in the early part when he talks about all the positives. Positives that kind to need to be acknowledged if you want to have any credibility when bitching about the negatives. That's how rational people discuss games.

Just another useless post from you stroking your own ego.

SandmanjwAsm0deusmmolouYashaX

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

edited November 2021
    Iselin said:
    klash2def said:

Take your win, sir...

Yes, it's well deserved.

Good day.
    You and Scorch have contributed absolutely zero to any intelligent discussions abut the pros and cons of the game because your fragile little boy egos won't allow you.

Meanwhile I'm just starting to level up my 2nd character because that early part of the game is a 9/10 or did you miss that part of the video? You did watch the video didn't you?

You must have cringed in the early part when he talks about all the positives. Positives that kind to need to be acknowledged if you want to have any credibility when bitching about the negatives. That's how rational people discuss games.

nothing a tube of PreperationH cant fix Iselin ..

so angry and bitter , I wonder why

And again another example where we can go back and prove you wrong as we both posted positives .. But the community has suffered enough from NW , wouldnt you agree.

Now you get back to that wonderful  early game experience  because thats what you paid for and were hoping for when you made that purchase .... werent you .. amiright ..

And you be careful of those Turkey mobs lad.. terrifying beasts ..

this will be fun .. lets play   New World comments form Scorch

"A beautiful very interesting handcrafted world that inspires exploration , and coaxes you to see what is over the next hill..

Crafting and gathering that are well done and very useful .."

"Every weapon has very adequate mods to regen Stamina , it should not be a problem .."

"

"Im going to add something else to this little review page ..

Altho the RvR is fun , if you are not currently 40+ level on many of the servers you will not get to expereince the focus of the RvR .. With Towns and Forts being locked to 50vs50.. Altho im in a strong Company that has claims .. The Leaders  are who get to hand pick who is in the battles .. 50vs 50 and of course they pick the highest level highest gear scores now ...
    To not risk losing Town/Fort

So if you are behind the curve you will stay there

And most likely NEVER take part in the premier RvR features of this game
    400-500 players  (per Side) signing up for Wars now  if you are not of the highest level and gear score you will not participate , 95% of the server will be locked out of this .. Terrible design decision .. to not have tiers like DAOC and War, that matter to the War effort .. This is going to send players to other games very quickily..

So , calling this open world RvR is a real reach as the majority of it is Instanced and closed off to 95% of the community ..  Terrible design

Ive actually even given up my spot my spot a couple times for a lower level possibly but they just fill from the pool of 500 for the 50 spots ..

If you are not of the highest level highest gear score .. you are left out ../end"

"Ive had fun in the town and forts ive been in , But lots of folks being left out of the fun .. They are not having fun watching the results in chat ..

They need to so something about this .. Fast .. imo

But there is some inherent problems for them , so 2k per server and really no point in having an alt .. (aside form storage maybe)

Everyone will be max level before long , So lower tier BGs are out ..

That means multiple instances of Town/Fort ..

They imo will have to have up to 6 or more instances of the Town/Fort Raids and say Attacker needs to win for 4 of 6 to capture ..

Just throwing spaghetti at the wall right now ..

They cannot continue with basically the same 50 people going into every battle .. (for the most part)"

Bahh there is plenty more  you are boring me now .. Your wrong again Iselin

u r dismissed...

klash2defKyleran
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    500 hours impressive...
    Kyleran
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    Good, honest review.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• SandmanjwSandmanjw Member RarePosts: 527
    Iselin said:

Did Scorch rent his account to Kano?

I swear he now starting to sound like Kano's final couple months.
    Iselin
  • DattelisDattelis Member RarePosts: 1,454
    I think the review is pretty fair since he does judge it from at least 2 perspectives and I've felt the same from the beginning, knowing this game wouldn't be for everyone even without all the issues. The only real thing I dont like (and probably most dont if they've reached 'endgame') is the separate slotting of watermarks. He brings up a good point that it will just get worse as time goes on when they eventually increase the cap while also adding new weapons. It just feels like they purposely designed it this way to include boosters in relatively soon. I wont get into a whole debate on boosters in general, but I am against a system being designed with them in mind first just so they can market the solution later (which they did say before the game launched that the shop would eventually have boosters).
    [Deleted User]IselinKyleran
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    Pretty accurate especially when he says the type of people that can f off.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

edited November 2021
    Stizzled said:
    Scorchien said:
    Stizzled said:
    Scorchien said:
    Iselin said:
    Scorchien said:

We  Were wrong ...

we are playing wrong ..

we are counting wrong

we have bad pcs

we are haters..

we are on bad servers..

Live and learn.

I kind of wish you would. I'd love to see all the constructive criticism being ignored. I remember a lot of petty whining about the character creator not having enough options, asset reuse (like we see in every MMO) and, of course, mobs. Even then, none of it was outright ignored. Many of us made counterpoints and discussions were had. I guess if you fail to change someone's mind it's because they just ignored you?

Not saying there wasn't any legitimate criticism. I can remember one post about the game becoming very top heavy and it being difficult to find people at lower levels, and I completely agreed. Before all the bugs and the issues with the economy longevity was my biggest concern, and there were a lot of people around here that felt the same.

The only person around here who was unwilling to listen to any criticism was Jean, and no one has to worry about him anymore. 

I don't know why you've climbed up on such a high horse lately. The only actual criticism I've seen from you was about the combat, beyond that you liked it enough early on to give away several copies.

The bugs, the dupes, the problems with the economy and end game, none of that was brought up by you or hardly anyone else around here before it was in the news. I'd wager the "Glee Club" has far more constructive criticism than you do.

Laugh at the game struggling and possibly dying all you want. But, don't act like you were some prophet that no one would listen to. 

1.heh  .. Jean is here ...

2.. I complained after 1 week in various threads about .

A. Combat
        B. Lack of Mob variety
        C. RvR hrmm set up and Instanced ..
        D. Harvesting generic and Boring.
        E. Lack of Combat Skills ..
        F.  Performance in RvR
        G.Fishing is Shit
        H.Small Pop 2000
        I.Questing is Shit
        J.AH is useless.
        K. etc ..

And i defy anyone to go back into any of threads and find the catalyst of any pissing contest ..

It always came from people telling others..

"Go back to wow"
      " maybe you should go back to your game with crappy rotations"

" Hey maybe you should return to your instant gratification FPS"

for ex..

The passive/aggressive insults , from a small clique here that if anyone ever says anything critical of there newest Internet girlfriend the band of angry little hemorrhoids , just insults calls names and runs away, while the pat each other on the back .. ..

Jean being the perfect example of that .. and what got him banned ..

I am the last person that ever wants to see any game fail and really wanted NW to succeed , but as i posted my concerns here i was attacked .. So i will piss back .. Dont matter to me , I got all the time in the world .. Gets kinda funny after a while , and now even funnier watching the backwalking, excuse making ,goal post moving , and even that was predicted would happen ..(good Job Klash)

White Knighting never ends well .. That is the root of all of this ..

You were never "attacked" until you went off on your tirade about how the weapons make the game class based. From there on out you have done little more than troll and have been rightfully called out for it.

For some reason, I did lightly skim your posts on NW. As far as I could tell you pretty much posted every bit of actual feedback you gave in your response to Iselin above. And it's all about combat and RvR.

I don't see anything that would put you in a position to act the way you are now. You didn't call out bugs, or dupes, or really anything relevant to the game's current woes. Unfair RvR and boring combat didn't ruin the economy or cause transfer and merger issues. They aren't what is driving the majority of players away.

Uhmm wrong again .. Ill let you find it .... You can keep moving goalposts and adding and subtracting  . Ive proven you wrong and Iselin every step .. You are now in Jean company .. But .. that figures..

u 2 r dismissed..

now go battle a bunny
    klash2def
  • klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,949
    edited November 2021
    Iselin said:
    klash2def said:

Take your win, sir...

Yes, it's well deserved.

Good day.

I wasn't going to respond to this Ad hominem attack but curiosity got the best of me I must admit! I'm curious.. please indulge...

how does humble pie taste? Like ass?

ScorchienLinifKyleran
    "Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear. 

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    edited November 2021
    Well firstly I have to agree that fans have gone from "all the criticisms are fake" to "there are real problems with the game". You only have to look back at the earlier threads for that, the hype was strong in this one and players got carried away on that wave. But I also don't think the game is as bad as the detractors paint it. To me it seems NW released too early and this has resulted in a early access MMO which only satisfies up to a point.

Give it time and they will turn things round, the level of negative hysteria about the game is as overly dramatic as the hype was. Which of course gaming media loves and caters for. As players we need to stand back from that, trying not to be caught up in the media cycle of acclaim and dismay that is a hallmark of the media today.
    lahnmirmmolouKyleranThe_Korriganklash2defDattelis
  • RungarRungar Member RarePosts: 1,132
    Great video. Confirms what I thought in my 30 minutes of beta. Not the game for me. 

Unfortunately I don't think they will be able to turn it around. Some of the design decisions there's no coming back from without a radical overhaul. 

Good bones my ass.
    .05 of a second to midnight
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Scot said:
    Well firstly I have to agree that fans have gone from "all the criticisms are fake" to "there are real problems with the game". You only have to look back at the earlier threads for that, the hype was strong in this one and players got carried away on that wave. But I also don't think the game is as bad as the detractors paint it. To me it seems NW released too early and this has resulted in a early access MMO which only satisfies up to a point.

Give it time and they will turn things round, the level of negative hysteria about the game is as overly dramatic as the hype was. Which of course gaming media loves and caters for. As players we need to stand back from that, trying not to be caught up in the media cycle of acclaim and dismay that is a hallmark of the media today.
    No no no, nothing is better then that sweet, sweet ‘I told you so’ while laughing at yet another painful blow to the genre you claim to love without any nuances whatsoever.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    mmolouScotLinifklash2defGroqstrong
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

lahnmir said:
    Scot said:

No no no, nothing is better then that sweet, sweet ‘I told you so’ while laughing at yet another painful blow to the genre you claim to love without any nuances whatsoever.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

Ironically , I want NW to succeed and think it has alot of potential and why i supported it ..(giving away 6 copies)

And i still think they can put together a good game ..

I also think that right now they sold people a full price barely Beta in place of a fully featured MMO that was advertised..  And that has a lot of angry people leaving in droves (which we were told was not happening)

The unusual amount of problems and changes drastically affecting gameplay swinging the pendulum is terrible .

Now i believe that AGS can deliver , But in also think they should shut NW down offer a 10 day window for refunds and bring it back up in a year , when hopefully it would be ready .. this is just good PR and would have people consider returning ..

Right now .. there is alot of people that will not be back regardless of what they fix without the good faith of refunds .. The taste is that bad .. And yes this game is at least a year away in development from fixing and delivering a fully fleshed out RvR MMO ..

The problem here is once again the White Knighting , it never ends well , and again anyone is welcome to go back and read all the NW threads , it becomes very obvious the animosity directed toward any criticism ..

I have more money invested in the industry since the the 90s than you can imagine , Ive carved my entire life out from it .. Ill leave it at that ..

We all want these games to do well and NW is no different , where NW is different is the terrible product they sold a community that is starving for the next best thing and then had sand kicked in there eyes ..

AmarantharolepiScotklash2defIselinKyleran
  • RungarRungar Member RarePosts: 1,132
    Scorchien said:
    lahnmir said:
    Scot said:

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

Ironically , I want NW to succeed and think it has alot of potential and why i supported it ..(giving away 6 copies)

And i still think they can put together a good game ..

I also think that right now they sold people a full price barely Beta in place of a fully featured MMO that was advertised..  And that has a lot of angry people leaving in droves (which we were told was not happening)

The unusual amount of problems and changes drastically affecting gameplay swinging the pendulum is terrible .

Now i believe that AGS can deliver , But in also think they should shut NW down offer a 10 day window for refunds and bring it back up in a year , when hopefully it would be ready .. this is just good PR and would have people consider returning ..

Right now .. there is alot of people that will not be back regardless of what they fix without the good faith of refunds .. The taste is that bad .. And yes this game is at least a year away in development from fixing and delivering a fully fleshed out RvR MMO ..

The problem here is once again the White Knighting , it never ends well , and again anyone is welcome to go back and read all the NW threads , it becomes very obvious the animosity directed toward any criticism ..

I have more money invested in the industry since the the 90s than you can imagine , Ive carved my entire life out from it .. Ill leave it at that ..

We all want these games to do well and NW is no different , where NW is different is the terrible product they sold a community that is starving for the next best thing and then had sand kicked in there eyes ..

Good thing i was wearing safety goggles! I do agree that there are too many ass lickers and this tends to encourage poor development by feeding the ego's of these no talent "designers" who clearly don't play mmos, certainly not like we all have. I do get that mmo folk are starving for a good game so you hold out hope for longer than you should. I certainly wouldn't condemn anyone for that. 

Like the orb dungeon thing. Only a AAA asshole would even try that. Literally everyone on this site would know better. Same for rampant gear switching and the whole gear score bullshit, pvp system. Soo many bad designs in one place. 

these aren't the mistakes of an experienced and talented designer. These are the mistakes of a nepotistic no talent hack hire who has never read a mmo forum, played a game or even understand people.  

its a pretty game though...have to give props to the art team.  
    Scorchien
    .05 of a second to midnight