Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Myth of Empires EA

AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
edited November 2021 in The Pub at MMORPG.COM

Comments

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,990
    Interesting but early access, what do you think of it Asheram?
    AsheramAlBQuirky
  • DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203
    It does look interesting, which is the only game I have said that about this year.  I'll keep an eye on it, thanks.
    AsheramAlBQuirky
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    edited November 2021
    Scot said:
    I enjoyed my time in the beta but it is a ark type of game, so big guilds will pwn but there is a safety against being offline raided.

ScotKyleranAlBQuirky
    edited November 2021

The castles are player built

AlBQuirky
    edited November 2021
    I really must thank Asheram for mentioning this game, which I hadn't heard of. I am LOVING this game.  I bought it as soon as Steam messaged me it was available yesterday, I mean for £21 why not, and I am starting to think the devs have actually PLAYED survival games or have listened to comments from players of survival games over the last few years!  For example, structures decay at a reasonably slow rate but put a Banner up and decay slows WAY down.  Even the Banners will cease working in a week and decay resumes, but replace the Banner and decay slows again.  A player can have two Banners, and thankfully the range isn't huge.  So, even on a PvE server there shouldn't be masses of reserved property and abandoned structures.

The game gives off vibes like a mixture of Conan Exiles meets Ark meets Mount and Blade, at least to me.

As for gameplay, Official PvP is there of course, but so is Official PvE, as well as hosting a game from within the game itself.  Private servers are up and running, and some use boosted rates for those players who like that.  There are NPC camps, animals to tame and breed, bases to build and, like Conan Exiles you can "tame" AI characters. The survival part of the game seems pretty balanced, as these things go.  I played for around 6 or 7 hours last night and was very content with what I had achieved in the time.

Amusingly but gratifyingly, I tamed a horse doing everything wrong because I had no idea what I was doing.  :D  You are supposed to distract it with food and apparently there's a "mini game" of clicking the mouse at certain points when you are riding it and it gets angry.  I just had some reins in my hand, and no food at all, managed to get close enough to the horse and climbed aboard... I managed to steer my angry horse into water and it swam and thrashed about slower that it had been doing on land and the taming meter filled up before the horse got too angry.  I thought that was pretty cool.

CAVEAT: For some reason there are owners of the game with far better PCs than mine who cannot get the game to run, but they are working on a fix for that when they find the cause of it.  Also, setting up a server from within the game requires tinkering with settings to set it up, and players who have never done this before are finding it tricky.
    AsheramlaseritAlBQuirky[Deleted User]
  • AmarantharAmaranthar Member EpicPosts: 5,801
    I looked through the design docs, and all I can say is "wow." That's impressive. It's not the game I'm looking for (no magic). I have no idea of CS's or that sort of thing, so can't use that to judge it good or bad right now. 

I hope they do well, and good luck to those of you who want that sort of game. 
    AlBQuirky

Once upon a time....

• jitter77jitter77 Member UncommonPosts: 512
    Looked interesting, but the animations in the trailer really turned me away.   I would give it a shot if it was free to try.   Hopefully they will polish that up before full release
    AlBQuirky
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    edited November 2021
    Asheram said:
    Scot said:
    I enjoyed my time in the beta but it is a ark type of game, so big guilds will pwn but there is a safety against being offline raided.

How "complete" would you say it is at this point?

Are we talking Valheim quality or something much lower like Conan or Ark were when they first went into early access? 

AlBQuirky

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

edited November 2021
    Kyleran said:
    Asheram said:
    Scot said:

How "complete" would you say it is at this point?

Are we talking Valheim quality or something much lower like Conan or Ark were when they first went into early access? 

Its ea, I spent most of my time in beta. I would say Atlas or Last Oasis like but I was able to get into game first day unlike atlas. Also unlike atlas there are 16 pve servers and 4 pvp servers per county (somewhat similar to Last Oasis grid set up.) You can start one either, if on a pvp server you get more xp and higher gathering rates.

You dont ever have to go to a pvp server, so you can start on a pve server build your base, farm, fish and tame/breed horses. Also horses caught in the wild have different stats. You can initially tame 3 horses but if build a stable you can tame more or you can get a male and a female horse and breed them to get both parents stats.

If you start on a pve serverwhen you get to level 16 you can build a structure that allows you to go to a server that directly borders the one you are on and transfer stuff over and go back as long as someone doenst destroy the structure, if so you will need to rebuild it.

As far as pvp and offline raiding stuff, there is a banner you make that you feed with coins earned in game that gives you base up to 120 hours a week protection against being raided while offline.

For now thats all the info I have as it just released to EA yesterday and they added new stuff like elephants and other things that I dont know offhand.

It is EA though so expect it to be a beta state. I am enjoying alot more than Atlas as that game didnt release pve servers til long after the pvp servers at which point I had no interest in going back to it. Here I can stay on the pve and do my thing unmolested.

p.s. I forgot to mention you can also hire and level up npc's to work and fight for you.

laseritKyleranAlBQuirky[Deleted User]eoloe
    I found some areas have lots of resources and locations marked with a question mark to check out for interesting things.  I start new characters off and delete old ones to check new areas out (only one at a time on Official) and the latest area I am in is great. Lots of timber, fibre, clay, copper, stone, and plenty of animals to hunt.  I'll tame some rabbits and foxes in a few levels for the meat, bone and hide.  My first run-through after buying the game wasn't so abundant, so I feel spoilt now, lol.

I started yet again a couple of hours ago and just recruited a Vagrant NPC tonight, who functions rather like a Pet in other games.  It's the same level as my new character, lvl 13, and will attack my targets and so on.  At this stage that is all it is capable of, but he can carry the same amount of stuff as I can, so that's a considerable help.  I'll have to tame two horses now, lol, one for him and one for me, for a truly massive total carrying capacity.

Combat feels a bit "floaty" and could be tightened up, but at least it is functional, and given the huge range of things to do in the game I don't mind combat not being 100%.
    laseritAsheramAlBQuirky
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

Dibdabs said:
    I found some areas have lots of resources and locations marked with a question mark to check out for interesting things.  I start new characters off and delete old ones to check new areas out (only one at a time on Official) and the latest area I am in is great. Lots of timber, fibre, clay, copper, stone, and plenty of animals to hunt.  I'll tame some rabbits and foxes in a few levels for the meat, bone and hide.  My first run-through after buying the game wasn't so abundant, so I feel spoilt now, lol.

I started yet again a couple of hours ago and just recruited a Vagrant NPC tonight, who functions rather like a Pet in other games.  It's the same level as my new character, lvl 13, and will attack my targets and so on.  At this stage that is all it is capable of, but he can carry the same amount of stuff as I can, so that's a considerable help.  I'll have to tame two horses now, lol, one for him and one for me, for a truly massive total carrying capacity.

Combat feels a bit "floaty" and could be tightened up, but at least it is functional, and given the huge range of things to do in the game I don't mind combat not being 100%.
    Yeah it is pretty decent.
    The run speed is really slow though. Drives me nuts but it is a personal gripe.
    It feels like Conan Exiles a bit. I like the crafting well enough though it is really simple.

I shot a boar with the bow and him and his boar friend both came at me and murdered my face. 
    So I killed two rabbits instead.
    I murdered them and pictured them with boar faces.
    I murdered their boar faces.   

yeah dont pick on boars at low levels ;), they will come up and lay down by you to tempt you but its a trap.
    KyleranAlBQuirky
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Dibdabs said:

Yeah it is pretty decent.
    The run speed is really slow though. Drives me nuts but it is a personal gripe.
    It feels like Conan Exiles a bit. I like the crafting well enough though it is really simple.

I shot a boar with the bow and him and his boar friend both came at me and murdered my face. 
    So I killed two rabbits instead.
    I murdered them and pictured them with boar faces.
    I murdered their boar faces.   

I can totally picture it! 

Pr0tag0ni5tlaseritolepiAlBQuirkyAsheram
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Game looks so awesome but I think the combat is where its going to fall down for me. Range looks fun enough but I'm concerned about the melee, is it as bad as Conan Exiles?
    AlBQuirky

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• olepiolepi Member EpicPosts: 2,829
    God i hate this site. Now I have to go and buy this game. :wink:
    laseritAlBQuirkyAsheram

------------
    2024: 47 years on the Net.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    edited November 2021
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

laserit said:
    Game looks so awesome but I think the combat is where its going to fall down for me. Range looks fun enough but I'm concerned about the melee, is it as bad as Conan Exiles?
    Worse for me though I was talking to someone last night that likes it much better because of the impression of control you have over swings. 
     The melee is like an 8 direction melee thing with mouse movement directions being where you hit....in theory. In practice it is more chaotic than that. There is a another control option available as well though so maybe that one is better.
    The ranged is pretty good. I like the bow 
    The other one is basic 4 direction attack or block same as Mount & Blade Warband. The only thing that throws me off is unlike Warband were if you press rmb you block, here you need to be holding lmb then press rmb to block. It makes it less responsive than warband. I hope the devs smooth it out.
    Gloria Victis has warband directional combat and it started out janky as well but they made it alot better now so hope the same for moe.
    laseritAlBQuirky
    edited November 2021

AlBQuirky
  • AmarantharAmaranthar Member EpicPosts: 5,801
    What's the rest of this game like, outside of combat? 
    Dungeons and/or ruins? 
    Resource gathering, potions, etc.? 
    Exploration and discoveries? 

I'm wondering from a fantasy type of game, how it compares, if that helps. 

It's sounding pretty good with what you all are saying, I'm just looking for more. 
    AlBQuirky

Once upon a time....

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    I can’t stop salivating, must control myself. Must wait for full release ;)
    AsheramAlBQuirky

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

What's the rest of this game like, outside of combat? 
    Dungeons and/or ruins? 
    Resource gathering, potions, etc.? 
    Exploration and discoveries? 

I'm wondering from a fantasy type of game, how it compares, if that helps. 

It's sounding pretty good with what you all are saying, I'm just looking for more. 
    well its still a survival game aka arklas/conan/lost oasis so I wouldnt want to get your hopes up for alot of hardline mmo traits, but havent experienced and greifing in pve servers yet.
    AlBQuirky
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    What is the max player base on an official server?
    AlBQuirky

Dragnelus said:
    What is the max player base on an official server?
    100 per server
    AlBQuirky