Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Skyrim anniversary edition

DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503

AlBQuirky

Comments

• Big.Daddy.SamediBig.Daddy.Samedi Member UncommonPosts: 409
    Really? Concert on a holiday to remember the fallen... to remember those that fought and died for our countries?! Bad form Bethesda, seriously bad form.
    AlBQuirky

• ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,396
    Hey, let's screw the modding community, AGAIN!

If they think I am playing Skyrim again because of their deathless prose, they really are a bunch of lackwits....
    AlBQuirky

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432
    There is some interesting content there, but it is an obvious money grab from Bethesda.

I think I'll just download the content I want play, like I have for the past 10 years, thank you very much :)

Delays for TES VI possibly? lol

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Best of all, "it'll just work"™

kitaradAlBQuirky
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    edited October 2021
    Wah they're still milking this cow. The udders must be sore.
    AlBQuirky

• RungarRungar Member RarePosts: 1,132
    Bethesda isn't what it used to be. Skyrim was a great game but this is just bad trying to get in on the survival games..lol.  
    AlBQuirky
    .05 of a second to midnight
  • MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,325
    edited November 2021
    Played the shit out of it 2011-2012 with DLCs and mods, I don't see me coming back again, been there done that.
    AlBQuirky
  • jitter77jitter77 Member UncommonPosts: 512
    edited November 2021
    Seems like skyrim and the witcher 3 just never die
    AlBQuirky
  • MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    For those of us that only had Skyrim on the PS3 and on the Switch. Can somebody explain what's new here to this
    AlBQuirky

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    For those of us that only had Skyrim on the PS3 and on the Switch. Can somebody explain what's new here to this
    I have the Special Edition on PS4 and still no clue wtf is this upgrade. 
    AlBQuirky
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003
    It seems that the newer consoles will have a visual upgrade and faster loading times. Other than that, it's all the expansions plus a certain amount of creation club additions.

While some were previously released, others are new.

As someone else pointed out, this is probably good for either new players who never tried the game or for people who think the new creation club additions are worth it..

I suspect at least for pc, that would be the $20 upgrade price.

Oh, and they added a fishing component for those who enjoy just hanging in the world and not fighting or running somewhere.
    ConstantineMerusTokkenAlBQuirky
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    templarga said:
    Given the total hours I have spent in this game, and my desire to play it again and the nostalgia factor and that some of the new content looks fun and the fact I dropped $8 on a drink at Starbucks this morning, I have no problem dropping $20 on this. My guess is the CC content would equal to about the same price. I am very much looking forward to playing again.

And if you are wondering why the nostalgia is that strong for this game - I got Skyrim for the Christmas after it released which was the same year my first child was born just a couple months before. I played many night holding him and feeding him or being awake when he did not feel good. So to be able to hold onto that nostalgia and the fact this game is so connected to me being a Dad, it means the world to me.
    yea.. get Valheim for $20 bucks and play that with your kid. 
    AlBQuirky
    Rungar said:
    templarga said:
    Given the total hours I have spent in this game, and my desire to play it again and the nostalgia factor and that some of the new content looks fun and the fact I dropped $8 on a drink at Starbucks this morning, I have no problem dropping $20 on this. My guess is the CC content would equal to about the same price. I am very much looking forward to playing again.

And if you are wondering why the nostalgia is that strong for this game - I got Skyrim for the Christmas after it released which was the same year my first child was born just a couple months before. I played many night holding him and feeding him or being awake when he did not feel good. So to be able to hold onto that nostalgia and the fact this game is so connected to me being a Dad, it means the world to me.
    yea.. get Valheim for $20 bucks and play that with your kid. 
    He didn't hold his firstborn while playing Valheim.
    AlBQuirky

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

templarga said:

This hit me hard and I don't even have a child. 
    AlBQuirky

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
    Maurgrim said:
    Played the shit out of it 2011-2012 with DLCs and mods, I don't see me coming back again, been there done that.
    You could go back and play my mod if you have the 2011 version. Lots of puzzles, a few traps that can kill you in seconds.

There's a bunny ...
    AlBQuirky

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    templarga said:

Cool story about nostalgia and your first child.

It reminded me of of my 2 yr old son being enthralled with me playing except in my case it was Dungeon Master on an Atari ST back in the late 80s. I remember my wife fretting over him watching me kill mobs so I started calling kills "disappearances". Yup I just disappeared those bad guys lol.

He grew up, got a masters in computer science with an emphasis on AI and has been a games designer and developer for the past 10 years.

I like to think I had something to do with setting him on the right path :)
    SovrathConstantineMerusYashaXAlBQuirky
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

Okay it seems I want a child now. Funny how one can change. 

As someone who has led an unusual life and has done some extremely weird stuff, mostly illegal, and of course all very fun, I gotta tell you, nothing beats having a family. It is just the best feeling when you come back home from an exhausting orgy and the wife greets you with a lovely dinner. 

Ah don't worry, I am just joking. My wife can't cook at all. 
    Sovrath[Deleted User]AlBQuirky

• ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,396
    Cash Grab by Bethesda, as they don't have much else new to offer.  

Pretty much designed to invalidate all your mods on PC, and replace them with inferior Creation Club stuff.  Even if you don't buy it, they will be 'updating' your Skyrim SE to make sure things get broken.  Fortunately, there are a few ways around it (fooling the updater, starting from SKSE only, etc), but it's still a cynical cash grap.

Might be a better deal on console though, as I don't know how modding works there.  
    AlBQuirky

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

i dont think it was such a bad game and alot of people really liked it. The mod community basically just finished it for them since they seem to be the laziest developers ever. 
    AlBQuirky
  • AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

As someone who has led an unusual life and has done some extremely weird stuff, mostly illegal, and of course all very fun, I gotta tell you, nothing beats having a family. It is just the best feeling when you come back home from an exhausting orgy and the wife greets you with a lovely dinner. 

When I come across a baby with parents in Wal-Mart, I used to ask them, "What aisle did you find that in?" (pointing to the baby). I sometimes got smiles, sometimes they'd play along and say some random aisle number or point in a general direction, or most often strange looks :lol:
    ConstantineMerus

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

edited November 2021
    AlBQuirky said:

When I come across a baby with parents in Wal-Mart, I used to ask them, "What aisle did you find that in?" (pointing to the baby). I sometimes got smiles, sometimes they'd play along and say some random aisle number or point in a general direction, or most often strange looks :lol:
    Lol. You should just go all-in. Keep asking further questions and provide explanations. Yes we can't have our own children because we are 17 men, biology right? So I was thinking maybe I should just grab one and make Ol' Big Dick happy this Christmas, no his name isn't Richard, funny you should ask...
    AlBQuirky