Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen's Deadly Consequences Update Makes Your Journey More Dangerous and Strategic | MMORPG.c

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited November 2021 in News & Features Discussion

imageStar Citizen's Deadly Consequences Update Makes Your Journey More Dangerous and Strategic | MMORPG.com

This new Star Citizen update adds medical gameplay, healing, strategic inventory management, and full loot among the usual new ships and missions.

Read the full story here

BabuinixChampie

Comments

• VoidfarerVoidfarer Member UncommonPosts: 178
    So good!!!
    Kyleranstrawhat0981ChampieXarko
  • Batak_KillerBatak_Killer Member UncommonPosts: 395
    Yeah this is a big and important one.

Also dont forget they implemented Server Crash Recovery which saves all items on you and from you in case of a server crash (im looking at you error 30k)
    Babuinixstrawhat0981MaxBaconLinifblackdreamhunk

• BanegrivmBanegrivm Member UncommonPosts: 262
    Yeah full body loot, no thanks. That's always a huge game killer. Adios muchachos!
    Phoenix_HawkBabuinix[Deleted User]KyleranScotXarkoTheocritusimershon

Banegrivm
    Leader of the 1st Fist of Light
    www.1stfistoflight.com

• Capt_SnugglesCapt_Snuggles Member UncommonPosts: 163

Banegrivm said:

Yeah full body loot, no thanks. That's always a huge game killer. Adios muchachos!

How so?
    Kyleran
  • JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

Banegrivm said:

How so?

Because it attracts and brings the worst out of people. Most full loot PVP games failed and even in EVE Online, the vast majority of players either quit when running into it or just avoid PVP like the plague.

So as long as this is optional and restricted to some specific areas of the game. Fine.
    If Full Loot PVP becomes active in the entire game and mandatory? Well, then I will sign off as well. Too old to deal with that kind if crap and the horrible people that it attracts.
    TacticalZombehKyleranalin1209MendelSabbythimershon
  • sipusipu Member UncommonPosts: 200

JeroKane said:

Banegrivm said:

How so?

Because it attracts and brings the worst out of people. Most full loot PVP games failed and even in EVE Online, the vast majority of players either quit when running into it or just avoid PVP like the plague.

So as long as this is optional and restricted to some specific areas of the game. Fine.

If Full Loot PVP becomes active in the entire game and mandatory? Well, then I will sign off as well. Too old to deal with that kind if crap and the horrible people that it attracts.

No worries, at the other side it attracts huge amount of people who like this kind of pvp and loot rules, me including.
    Kyleranmmoloustrawhat0981imershon
  • JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    edited November 2021
    sipu said:

No worries, at the other side it attracts huge amount of people who like this kind of pvp and loot rules, me including.
    I enjoy PVP in games when done right, just not full loot. 

And huge amount of people that enjoy full loot PVP? Even CCP failed to convince a lot of people to PVP in EVE Online. They still trying 15+ years later.
    Post edited by JeroKane on
    imershon
  • ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,395
    I will be amused when the goon squad returns to cause trouble in SC paradise.  Though it may be the goon children and grandchildren who return.   
    BabuinixSabbyth

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    sipu said:

JeroKane said:

Banegrivm said:

How so?

History has shown the full loot pvp population isn't huge at all.
    Nightfyre[Deleted User]mmolouJeroKanePhoenix_Hawkalin1209MendelSavageHorizonXarkoSabbythand 1 other.
  • olepiolepi Member EpicPosts: 2,828
    Zegaloth said:

sipu said:

JeroKane said:

Banegrivm said:

How so?

I don't think there is a huge amount of people who enjoy this type of pvp experience. Doh, looks like Frodo beat me to it. Is this game actually out?

No, it is not out. You can pay to play in the alpha, but you cannot buy the game.

------------
    2024: 47 years on the Net.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    sipu said:

JeroKane said:

Banegrivm said:

How so?

Huge eh? Name one full loot MMO which is kicking ass and taking names, maybe one you are actively playing?

mmolouAsheramJeroKanealin1209LinifSabbyth

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    Oh dear this could be New World all over again I did not realise SC was open world full loot pvp, was that the intention from the start? Because if they realise how this will limit the player base we will have another studio scrambling to change the game before it launches. Also how does this effect the Squadron bit is that multiplayer and full loot?
    Babuinixjitter77
    Wargfoot said:

Scot said:

Oh dear this could be New World all over again I did not realise SC was open world full loot pvp, was that the intention from the start? Because if they realise how this will limit the player base we will have another studio scrambling to change the game before it launches. Also how does this effect the Squadron bit is that multiplayer and full loot?

Has it been confirmed to be open world and full loot?
    Because if it is then the whole pay-to-win thousand dollar ships just came into focus.

Dude, this is going to be epic.

Truly incredible. The game has been in development for a decade, and people just NOW are wondering if it's open world full loot?

------------

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited November 2021
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    So limited to the niche full loot crowd and super computer crowd, nice.
    Kyleran
  • BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
    sipu said:
    Wait until they hear about permadeath :D

KyleranScot
    To me, open world PvP with full loot is code for "no content", let the players make the content.

The game is still in alpha, so they can change anything at any time. Hopefully all those who pledged over the years are going to be happy with full loot PvP.

Of course, since it is in alpha, and nothing has been released, there is no guarantee just what will be released, if anything. They could just release a mobile farmville-type game and call it a day. And keep all the money.
    BabuinixKyleranMendelimershon

------------

Allegedly there are no character levels, supposed to be an entirely player skill based game, of course augmented by the best gear their money can buy.

Scot

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Wargfoot said:
    I'm actually for open world full loot PvP games.

However, in such a world there cannot be significant vertical progression and competitive gear has to be really freakin' easy to obtain.

A full loot open world PvP game where noobs have 100 health and veterans have 10000 health is a non-starter.   

If they do this right they could be HUGE.

How does level progression work and what are they going to do about the whales who will expect something for their money?

THe problem is there are going to be players with 10+ years of experience in this game by the time it reaches any kind of massive playable state.....We will be so far behind knowledge wise there is no way we can compete, and who knows what P2W elements this will have if they are already selling ships for hundreds of dollars in alpha.
    KyleranFrodoFragins
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Kyleran said:
    sipu said:

JeroKane said:

Banegrivm said:

How so?

Huge eh? Name one full loot MMO which is kicking ass and taking names, maybe one you are actively playing?

Well not exactly foot loot but EVE you could lose your ship altogether right. If not I need to contact support for losing a lot of my jewelry. 
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
    Wargfoot said:
    Wargfoot said:
    I'm actually for open world full loot PvP games.

However, in such a world there cannot be significant vertical progression and competitive gear has to be really freakin' easy to obtain.

A full loot open world PvP game where noobs have 100 health and veterans have 10000 health is a non-starter.   

If they do this right they could be HUGE.

How does level progression work and what are they going to do about the whales who will expect something for their money?

THe problem is there are going to be players with 10+ years of experience in this game by the time it reaches any kind of massive playable state.....We will be so far behind knowledge wise there is no way we can compete, and who knows what P2W elements this will have if they are already selling ships for hundreds of dollars in alpha.
    P2W is bad.
    K2W is good. (1)

NOTES
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    1: Knowledge to Win
    Not if gained by having a massive head start over everyone else.