Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Celebrate EverQuest II's 17th Anniversary With Nostalgia and Heroes' Festival 2021 | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited November 2021 in News & Features Discussion

imageCelebrate EverQuest II's 17th Anniversary With Nostalgia and Heroes' Festival 2021 | MMORPG.com

Today, November 8, 2021 is the 17th anniversary of the launch of EverQuest II. To celebrate, the Darkpaw Games team has put together a collection of cover art for every one of the game's expansions. And the Heroes' Festival is back.

Read the full story here

Comments

• RandomCasualtyRandomCasualty Member UncommonPosts: 327
    Nostalgia to me would be a new server based on the original ruleset 6 months after release when it was perfect for my play expectations!
  • MalathoosMalathoos Member UncommonPosts: 199
    I remember telling everyone how WoW was crap and EQ2 was awesome when it came out.... I mean if you played EQ from year 1 who would think different?

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    edited November 2021

Malathoos said:

I remember telling everyone how WoW was crap and EQ2 was awesome when it came out.... I mean if you played EQ from year 1 who would think different?

EQ2 was actually amazing at Launch. It had a much better, more mature community compared to WoW.

It was not easy mode by any means either and some mechanics were stupid like too severe death penalties that end up causing toxicity in group play.
    Which they took too long to finally fix. So they lost quite a bit of population due to these mechanics.
    Echoes of Faydwer was an amazing expansion that really turned EQ2 around, followed up by Rise of Kunark which was the peak of EQ2.

After that it went downhill sadly, with one disappointing expansion after the other.
    Post edited by JeroKane on
  • etlaretlar Member UncommonPosts: 855
    17 years..Seventeen! how is it possible this game launched 17 years ago?

I mean, i clearly remember it launching, not playing it much, despite liking it, but wow was were the irl friends where.
    But 17 years?
    so ive been searching for a great mmo to call home for atleast 17 years? unbelieveable!
    i guess its time i try vr instead! 17 years!...cant get over it!:)
  • olepiolepi Member EpicPosts: 2,829

etlar said:

17 years..Seventeen! how is it possible this game launched 17 years ago?

I mean, i clearly remember it launching, not playing it much, despite liking it, but wow was were the irl friends where.

But 17 years?

so ive been searching for a great mmo to call home for atleast 17 years? unbelieveable!

i guess its time i try vr instead! 17 years!...cant get over it!:)

Yeah, I still think of my DAOC RvR/PvP fights as the best. And that was 20 (count 'em, TWENTY) years ago.
    etlar

------------
    2024: 47 years on the Net.