Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New World Producer Talks Creative Process, Seeking Longevity in a New MMORPG, and Community Feedback

2»

Comments

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    edited November 2021
    Dattelis said:
    As much as I like the game, the future needs to include some kind of PTS for patches and updates going forward. 
    I agree and it will happen I'm sure. The current patches are just them scrambling to plug the worst bugs and exploits as quickly as they can.

When they get a handle on things and start aiming to add new weapons, new territories, etc., they'll add a PTS.

Right now it's just all hands on deck in panic mode :)
    [Deleted User]
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Tokken said:

Asm0deus said:

Unless they fix the bugs quicker, like one's reported in alpha beta, and doing something about the shitty economy and high tax rate on housing I am not seeing a long term/longevity on the game.

People are going to burn out big time just keeping up with paying their damn home taxes....

It's not worth having a house IMO.

Yep haven't even bothered buying a house as it seems like a worthless gold sink. People keep telling me that a house is useful if you are a crafter. So far for me though only food, potions, and ammo seem worth crafting as everything else is such a giant waste of materials to level and then the top level items aren't worth a damn anyway.
    Well that is another reason why this game sucks to be honest. The itemization in this game is absolutely terrible.

But that is nothing new, as this was reported already back in Beta. It´s good to see the devs didn´t do anything about it. lol.
  • druezdruez Member UncommonPosts: 120
    Best MMO in a long time. It wasn't anywhere near as bad as people make it out to be on release.

Assuming they continue to squash bugs and add more systems, I think the staying power is here for a long time.
    YashaX
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,991
    New World has had one of the worst launches ever.  Every day there are more exploits, glitches, bugs and issues.

Yet Im still having a ton of fun in it.  

They need to get a handle on this fast though because more and more people are abusing this stuff. 

It's far from being the worse though. You haven't been around when games like Anarchy Online launched, or hell, even Ultima Online. Now THAT was BAD.

Even in WoW, I remember being stuck in crouching position for like 5+ minutes each time I was trying to loot or gather something. As a result, we were just killing stuff without looting...

At least New World was fully playable.
    Anarchy Online was considered ready to play about 18-24 months after launch if I remember right, I started about 3 years in and old players would say this is a different game.
    [Deleted User]YashaX
  • mibgeneralmibgeneral Member UncommonPosts: 41
    We need an option to pay in gold for fast travel.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    The parallels in this thread with those regarding Fallout 76 are amazingly similar, same types of defenses too, I'm having fun so it doesn't matter, it's how I felt about FO76 as well.

One thing though, Bethesda never was able to get a handle on the client side bug issue and though the game is much better today, it still suffers horribly from hacks and glitches, so much so the devs decided it was easier to remove PVP mostly from the game, won't be surprised if similar decision happens in NW one day.

Some code is so broken there's just no fixing it outside of a total rewrite, starting to look like this might be the case for NWs UI.

ScorchienScot

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    Omg, how old are all you people??? Every second post is like, "You call this a bad launch? I remember back when XX game launched and they had to send packets via pigeons because the dial up was so slow ..."

Scot