Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's with the broken (at least in Chrome) new captcha system?

IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
A couple of times now in the past few weeks I've edited a post and when I hit "save comment" I get a white, 1/4 screen panel on the left saying something about a captcha but with text spilling over outside the rectangle and no captcha challenge to be found anywhere - not even the "I'm not a robot" click box. It also keeps me from saving the edit.

What is this new "feature" and if you're going to have it, can you make it work properly?
"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
― CD PROJEKT RED

Comments

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,986
    edited August 2021
    Just to add this has happened to a few of us, for me posts which were not edited, but then I do edit them a lot so not sure. It seems you can go away and come back ten minutes later and its fine you don't see it anymore, very odd.
    [Deleted User]Djijin
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    edited August 2021
    I just had this happen to me a couple of times.

It looks like you can copy the post you've written, refresh, then paste that post back to post editor and post comment immediately without captcha check. But it's a pain in the ass having to do that.

I was using Chrome + Windows 7.

I have windows 10 and the problem occurred in edge and Opera, will try that work around next time.
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,986
    Had this happen as well.  On Ipad, Iphone, Win 10...

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    Edge. It happens from time to time. I copy the post and refresh and it doesn't happen a second time. Don't know what it's about but been going on for a few weeks.

• AbimorAbimor Member RarePosts: 875
     I am having the same issue as well I went to quote two people and it ate my post I was able to copy and paste the second part back in. 
    Happened again today, posting via Opera but if I remember last time that did not help. What happens is quite irregular, hard to find a pattern.
    Slapshot1188
  • DjijinDjijin Member UncommonPosts: 108
    I lose entire posts because I apparently post-edited them too much and they were flagged for review. Likely a bug, but feels like censorship.
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    Djijin said:
    I lose entire posts because I apparently post-edited them too much and they were flagged for review. Likely a bug, but feels like censorship.
    I dont think you lose them i think they just go to a mod to review.  Once reviewed they show up again. 
    Kyleran

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    It seems to be a chrome issue with this forum although it would be nice to get some feedback from @Meddle or @MikeB, It doesn't seem to happen with Edge.

It's also not so much that there is captcha triggered by editing or whatever but that the captcha displays in a way that is impossible to do.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

I use Edge that's where it happens to me, but last time I switched to Opera and still had the same issue. This time Opera worked fine, so not sure this has anything to do with browsers?
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    This has been happening to for years, I thought it happened to everyone else too. Are you saying I was the sole victim of this conspiracy all this time!?
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung