Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Here's What's Happening This Week in Star Citizen | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited October 2021 in News & Features Discussion

imageHere's What's Happening This Week in Star Citizen | MMORPG.com

The latest community schedule is now available for Star Citizen. Here's what you can look forward to in the 'verse.

Read the full story here

Comments

• tremmortremmor Member UncommonPosts: 80
    No haters yet?
    strawhat0981Babuinix
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    tremmor said:
    No haters yet?
    I hate Mondays. Why must one be scheduled every week?

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309
    I'm a big fan of Pinky and the Brain. Every time one of these articles comes up, I can't help but hear Brain say "Same thing as last week, Pinky".
    Champie

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• justintbhsjustintbhs Member UncommonPosts: 80
    What's happening this week with Star Citizen? Still no closer to release. :)
  • DjijinDjijin Member UncommonPosts: 108
    What's happening this week with Star Citizen? Still no closer to release. :)
    or perhaps, it's closer to no release.
    McSleazChampieKyleran
  • AreWeLiveAreWeLive Member UncommonPosts: 201
    so nothing new,,,guess i do not need to read this article....
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    How's Squadron 42 coming along?
    Slapshot1188ChampieJeroKanekikoodutroa8

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    edited October 2021
    I'm looking forward to play this game with my son, or daughter, I'm not picky. 
    JeroKaneLinif
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
    Are you looking forward to the future game or your future son or daughter?

Enquiring minds would like to know :)

p.s. If you know me, you know I'll have to throw some kind of corny joke in there somewhere ;)
    ConstantineMerus

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    tremmor said:
    No haters yet?

waiting for the 2035  release for that
    McSleaz
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    laserit said:
    Are you looking forward to the future game or your future son or daughter?

Enquiring minds would like to know :)

p.s. If you know me, you know I'll have to throw some kind of corny joke in there somewhere ;)
    Haha yeah mate, you got the joke right ;)
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
    Just passing by to take a look of all the deadwood. Thread didn't disappoint. 

:D

• JoeBloberJoeBlober Member RarePosts: 586
    More news on Pyro are always welcome. What we saw already during Citizencon was great: new assets everywhere never seen before on top of outposts and AI's.
    That and 30K recovery in 3.15 and 30K almost fixed as well.
    McSleaz
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    laserit said:
    How's Squadron 42 coming along?
    It’s all I ever want to know.
    laseritKyleran

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    edited October 2021
    Scorchien said:
    tremmor said:
    No haters yet?

waiting for the 2035  release for that
    Fast forward to 2035 and still waiting....

Babuinix finally comes clean with us all...

Post edited by Tiller on
    McSleazBabuinixWalkinGlenn
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• VaselVasel Member UncommonPosts: 226
    As a 5 digit backer I am so beyond disappointed. The obvious "i got my paycheck what ya gonna do?" development process is infuriating.
    Keep in mind that they are LITERALLY paying their investors with the funds being raised right now.

Think about that long and hard.

McSleaz

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Keep in mind that they are LITERALLY paying their investors with the funds being raised right now.

Think about that long and hard.

You would think that ongoing sales really aren’t that much different if not better than a fully released game according to the Headlines. If I was an investor I would be expecting a return with all those nice monies coming in. Really… we’d just have to look at the contract I negotiated.

edited October 2021
    Slapshot

Investors being paid back is not inherently a bad thing. Contracts must be full filled. Now we could debate on whether the contract was bullshit or not.

edit: If we know what the contract is of course ;)

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    edited October 2021
    They accomplished so little the past twelve months that they decided it wasn't even worth summarizing all of their reports over the year to highlight the big accomplishments. 

The convention isn't just for people that keep track of the handwaved reports, it's also  for potential supporters or those that don't keep up with the bloated reports that obfuscate the actual progress. 
    Post edited by FrodoFragins on
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    edited October 2021
    laserit said:
    Slapshot

Investors being paid back is not inherently a bad thing. Contracts must be full filled. Now we could debate on whether the contract was bullshit or not.

The issue is the sheer amount of money they received from backers.  there should be no need to bring in investors unless they are mismanaging or scamming.  CR is incapable of pruning features, hell he's incapable of not adding them.
    Post edited by FrodoFragins on
  • BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
    sUch A sCaM that even Elite Dangerous veterans are joining! :D

Backers keep on backing, Haters keep on hating.
    Rinse & Repeat.
    B)

JoeBlober
    laserit said:
    Slapshot

Is it a donation or a sale?  Comes back to that again IMHO.  If it’s a sale then they can do anything they want with the money. If it’s a donation though and they are paying investors BEFORE delivering the product I bought years ago...   bullshit IMHO.
    McSleazolepi

laserit said:
    Slapshot

The issue is the sheer amount of money they received from backers.  there should be no need to bring in investors unless they are mismanaging or scamming.  CR is incapable of pruning features, hell he's incapable of not adding them.
    I’m just looking at it from an investors point of view. If someone promises me a 30% return in 2 years and we agree in writing….

Well I’m going to want my coin unless the investee can convince me to reinvest it. Which in turn requires a new contract.

rinse and repeat

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    edited October 2021
    laserit said:
    laserit said:
    Slapshot

I’m just looking at it from an investors point of view. If someone promises me a 30% return in 2 years and we agree in writing….

Well I’m going to want my coin unless the investee can convince me to reinvest it. Which in turn requires a new contract.

rinse and repeat
    I thought RSI's investors were owners. As such they wouldn't get any guarantees about 30% return in 2 years, but rather the opportunity to take money out if RSI as company pays dividends or make profit by selling their ownership in the company if it's been doing well.

And we have no idea if RSI has paid dividends and how much. Imho it's one of the blind spots of legislation that crowdfunded companies are even allowed to pay dividends / do private withdrawals without revealing those to backers. 

This discussion has been closed.