Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New World Now Available on GeForce Now - Still Missing from Amazon's Luna | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited October 2021 in News & Features Discussion

imageNew World Now Available on GeForce Now - Still Missing from Amazon's Luna | MMORPG.com

GeForce Now is by far the best game streaming service in terms of costs and performance right now. Whether you're a New World player who have yet to be able to get into the game because you fear your PC can't handle it, or maybe you've been playing but want to see what the game looks like completely maxed out, now you can on the popular game streaming platform.

Read the full story here

Comments

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    edited October 2021
    Why is it that gaming journalists see every innovation in gaming as a bonus? Barely a mention that if you play on these services it often impacts performance. Do we as players want gaming tied to a service like this? We have seen gamers seduced by the idea they will have to pay less before and it has not ended well.
  • MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,362
    Wish it was on Stadia too
    McSleazmaskedweaselvelimirius
  • RidhimaRidhima Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    Not currently, and may be unlikely to happen. Long Answer: At this time, no plans have been released for whether or click counter not New World will be making its way to GeForce Now, or any other cloud gaming platform.0
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    Scot said:
    Why is it that gaming journalists see every innovation in gaming as a bonus? Barely a mention that if you play on these services it often impacts performance. Do we as players want gaming tied to a service like this? We have seen gamers seduced by the idea they will have to pay less before and it has not ended well.
    Geforce now barely gives any performance hits, and the bonuses far outweigh the problems. 

I use geforce now all the time. I have a great gaming desktop that can run games on all high or ultra but my laptop can't. On GFN it can though. And there is minimal latency. Games take up zero space and I don't have to download a thing, I just hit the button and play it.

The accessibility is way better than the minimal performance hit, so maybe not every innovation should be a bonus, but this one definitely is. 
    velimirius

• Jaguaratron1Jaguaratron1 Member UncommonPosts: 298
    GeForce now is pretty good, I genuinely think cloud gaming could be the future.

New World however is pretty bad and not worth playing, fun for a week then you realize theres nothing in it.
    Raidonnvelimiriussnoocky
  • KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,166

Scot said:

Gaming isn't tied to services like this. It's an option that gamers can leave or take at their whim.

Scot said:

Geforce now barely gives any performance hits, and the bonuses far outweigh the problems. 

I use geforce now all the time. I have a great gaming desktop that can run games on all high or ultra but my laptop can't. On GFN it can though. And there is minimal latency. Games take up zero space and I don't have to download a thing, I just hit the button and play it.

The accessibility is way better than the minimal performance hit, so maybe not every innovation should be a bonus, but this one definitely is. 

Interesting. My own laptop would normally struggle with such a game and I don't have an abundance of available space. Your experience tempts me to see if mine would be similar.
    maskedweasel

Scot said:

Interesting. My own laptop would normally struggle with such a game and I don't have an abundance of available space. Your experience tempts me to see if mine would be similar.
    Give it a shot. I think you can play 2 hours consecutively with a free account without spending any money. After 2 hours you get kicked and have to log in again.

The only other thing I can say is that my laptop is wifi only, so sometimes I get some hitching while playing. Realistically about once every 30 minutrs I'll get a temporary visual glitch.

In most mmos it's good enough for just about everything that isn't tournament style competitive play. But I've even PvP'd in GW2 with it, it'll get the job done. 

Scot said:

Give it a shot. I think you can play 2 hours consecutively with a free account without spending any money. After 2 hours you get kicked and have to log in again.

The only other thing I can say is that my laptop is wifi only, so sometimes I get some hitching while playing. Realistically about once every 30 minutrs I'll get a temporary visual glitch.

In most mmos it's good enough for just about everything that isn't tournament style competitive play. But I've even PvP'd in GW2 with it, it'll get the job done. 

The limit for free use is one hour and their test suggests I not bother as I would be confined to a low resolution and frame rate.

I'll give it a try later with one of the more demanding games I already own to verify, but initial indications aren't promising, Oh well, if nothing else I got to enjoy a moment of intriguing possibility.
    maskedweasel

Scot said:

The limit for free use is one hour and their test suggests I not bother as I would be confined to a low resolution and frame rate.

I'll give it a try later with one of the more demanding games I already own to verify, but initial indications aren't promising, Oh well, if nothing else I got to enjoy a moment of intriguing possibility.
    Wow, that must have changed. It used to be 2 hours for sure. Yeah low res wouldn't be worth it. Let me know if you end up trying it though. It would be interesting to hear how others experience the service.

Scot said:

Wow, that must have changed. It used to be 2 hours for sure. Yeah low res wouldn't be worth it. Let me know if you end up trying it though. It would be interesting to hear how others experience the service.

It worked, but poorly. The game wouldn't even display full screen despite settings, and it likely isn't as demanding as New World would be.

Upgrading my connection might give better performance, but at that point the collective cost become a deterrent in itself and sufficient performance improvement is uncertain.

It's probably just as well. I have enough trouble getting to all the games I do have that my computer can handle. If a new batch was now suddenly within my reach I likely wouldn't have been able to resist unnecessarily adding to that pile.
    maskedweasel
  • tremmortremmor Member UncommonPosts: 80

GeForce now is pretty good, I genuinely think cloud gaming could be the future.

New World however is pretty bad and not worth playing, fun for a week then you realize theres nothing in it.

Agree. Lasted till lvl 37 and not going back. 80 hours of doing same few things on the loop