Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New World Adds Halloween Costumes, Dyes, Masks and Items to the Shop, Including a Free Jack O'Lanter

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited October 2021 in News & Features Discussion

imageNew World Adds Halloween Costumes, Dyes, Masks and Items to the Shop, Including a Free Jack O'Lantern | MMORPG.com

New World is launching into the Halloween spirit with the game's first shop update, which features costumes, armor and weapon skins, housing items, dyes and more. Plus, grab a free spooky item too.

Read the full story here

Comments

• theGnadetheGnade Member UncommonPosts: 147
    edited October 2021
    This is bad. I mean instead of making like quest or somekind of event they just ask you 16 euros for skin. That is just souless lazy arse solution. Bethesda is doing exactly the same mistake with Fallout 76. They make good skin, but it goes to store. Meanwhile the game lacks content and when they do add content it has boring rewards that makes you wonder why would you even do it. Seems New World is no different. Their dungeons already suck by gameplay but their reward pool also suck. I should be eager to go dungeon, but there is just no point. Learn from the best. Look what Blizzard (the real blizzard, not the current one) did in WoW. That is how you do it. That is why the game was good. It had developers whos priority was opposite to what Amazon devs have.
    Post edited by theGnade on
    Wizzurah84
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Too bad they couldn't resist the urge to mirror real life seasonal events. Always thought it was cheesy in MMOs that do it.

Also... am I the only one who hates the whole month of October dedicated to Halloween marketing? 
    Phixion13speedylegs8Wizzurah84olepi
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• DjijinDjijin Member UncommonPosts: 108
    Iselin said:
    Too bad they couldn't resist the urge to mirror real life seasonal events. Always thought it was cheesy in MMOs that do it.

Also... am I the only one who hates the whole month of October dedicated to Halloween marketing? 
    If I can't get REAL candy out of it, it's a bunch of BS.

KidRiskIselinPhixion13TacticalZombehspeedylegs8[Deleted User]
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    At least they didn't do Christmas in October...which reminds me, maybe I should get my tree now due to the expected shortage.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• dartseeddartseed Member UncommonPosts: 23
    I'll accept the free gift but will never drop a dime on cosmetics. They already got my $40 upfront anyway.
  • mklinicmklinic Member RarePosts: 1,981

Iselin said:

It's slightly better then the months of November/December being dedicated to xmas marketing...

-mklinic

"Do something right, no one remembers.
    Do something wrong, no one forgets"
    -from No One Remembers by In Strict Confidence

• olepiolepi Member EpicPosts: 2,828

Iselin said:

I spent October once in Sweden, working at Ericsson. I noticed a lot of Halloween merchandise in the stores, but Halloween is a Druid holiday, No Druids in Sweden.

So I asked a Swedish co-wroker "You guys do Halloween here?"

His response was "No, but the stores want us to."

------------
    2024: 47 years on the Net.

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Call me a party pooper but putting all that Halloween in my game stuff kills it for me, the immersion that is ;)

It takes all the joy out of killing things ;)
    [Deleted User]

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• TwistedSister77TwistedSister77 Member EpicPosts: 1,144
    edited October 2021
    Halloween actually makes sense in the setting of New World... unlike other MMORPGS.  New World is based on human culture on planet Earth, so it would make sense human holidays are observed (unlike high fantasy games taking place in mythical worlds)... and if anybody is going to be superstitious about ghosts and demons... it's the people of New World.

And yes, for a $40 MMORPG, they need to make money somehow.  Countless games use cosmetics, they are optional and much better than getting locked into $15 per month sub for everyone.  Just my opinion.