Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stormhaven Studios Announces Upcoming Weekend Tests - Preorders Now Available | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited October 2021 in News & Features Discussion

imageStormhaven Studios Announces Upcoming Weekend Tests - Preorders Now Available | MMORPG.com

Callooh Callay! Embers Adrift has opened their store once again, allowing new testers into the fray - provided they purchase access at the minimum level as an Alpha Backer. Stormhaven Studios is gearing up for more testing, but the team wants to temper some expectations with an official statement of what players should expect from the upcoming testing phase.

Read the full story here

Comments

• borghive49borghive49 Member RarePosts: 493
    How about some damn game play videos or a trailer at least?
    Octagon7711GreatnessLynxJSA
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    C'mon, you know they aren't going to do that.

Some of the names have changed but the policies are still pretty much the same.  

I think the Wed evening only testing cycle need to go before they'll garner much interest from people wanting to test, even CU has 3x24 testing.

My guess is there aren't any real game loops nor any sort of public test environment, they just let users on their one and only environment on a limited basis.

Renfail

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    edited October 2021
    Is this Saga of Lucimia? They have some videos showing that guy Renfeld playing sometimes on Youtube. Very small area though. Wondering how big the world is. I supposed that name is deliberately reminiscent of the character in the Dracula novel.

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,364
    "Preorders Now Available"

preorder what exactly?
    Renfail
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    edited October 2021
    Warlyx said:

preorder what exactly?
    It looks like it's a true pre-order. Stormhaven Studio's terms of service have clauses about no refunds even if the game does not launch, but I went through their registration and purchase up to the point where they asked for credit card info and you're never presented with those terms. So it looks like you are pre-ordering with only usual terms that apply to all pre-orders (plus NDA during testing), not participating into crowdfunding.

Perhaps someone @MMORPG.com could do some investigative journalism and try to check if it's a true pre-order, or Embers Adrift running a scam where people are told that they've actually participated in crowdfunding only after they've made the payment.

Until someone investigates further, my guess is that they're running a scam.
    ZenJellyValdheimDhampir

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,364
    edited October 2021

Vrika said:

Warlyx said:

preorder what exactly?

It looks like it's a true pre-order. Stormhaven Studio's terms of service have clauses about no refunds even if the game does not launch, but I went through their registration and purchase up to the point where they asked for credit card info and you're never presented with those terms. So it looks like you are pre-ordering with only usual terms that apply to all pre-orders (plus NDA during testing), not participating into crowdfunding.

Perhaps someone @MMORPG.com could do some investigative journalism and try to check if it's a true pre-order, or Embers Adrift running a scam where people are told that they've actually participated in crowdfunding only after they've made the payment.

no refunds , that has to be a joke , im not sure if its legal even if have clauses.
    borghive49
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    edited October 2021
    Warlyx said:

Vrika said:

Warlyx said:

preorder what exactly?

no refunds , that has to be a joke , im not sure if its legal even if have clauses.
    It's legal if you make an agreement that clearly says you're backing a crowdfunded projects, and the money used in development will not be returned even if development fails. Nowadays most crowdfunding has clauses like that.

But it's only legal if the seller makes it clear to the buyer.
    Valdheim

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    Vrika said:
    Warlyx said:

Vrika said:

Warlyx said:

preorder what exactly?

It's legal if you make an agreement that clearly says you're backing a crowdfunded projects, and the money used in development will not be returned even if development fails. Nowadays most crowdfunding has clauses like that.

But it's only legal if the seller makes it clear to the buyer.
    Might depend on where you live.  Buyers in the EU often have a right to a refund on undelivered productd no matter what the seller's terms might say to the contrary.

Here in the States though it definitely is legal to not give refunds as long as such terms are clearly mentioned.

Valdheim

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• hyllyhhyllyh Member UncommonPosts: 477
    i was baited by the picture..
    hoped for a new monster hunter ^^