Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New World has just barely enough of everything

Comments

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    We all forget that we here that hang around this site are not the hard market. A game made the way we may like it, may not be commercially viable.

People speak about the games and the younger generation. Games are designed for those younger generations just like the movies are.

The circle of life ;)
    Asm0deusMendel

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,405
    JeroKane said:
    Asm0deus said:

Fast leveling?  

Leveling is not so fast unless peeps are using exploits and if so should be banned and second fast lvl does not give you gold or all the levels in tradeskills or weapon skills or gear you need to farm.

It's fast enough that people are more than willing to delete their character and reroll a new one to bypass the dominating faction lockout.
    Or just roll on a different server and wait until they can transfer their earlier character away to a server where their faction is winning.

That not been my experience on our server. The everyone rerolling thing like at all.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Arterius said:
    I have been playing this game a lot over the last 12 hours and i like the game alot. I think that the game will be fleshed out more during big updates/expansions. I feel like the game does try to do PVE but its pretty bare bones. Not surprising though since they added that last minute. 

I agree that the PvE will likely get more fleshed out in time but ironically IMO, the rougher state of its PvE is part of the game's charm and what makes it feel different from recent MMO offerings.

It's what gives it some old school MMO vibes and makes it feel a bit like those pre-WoW MMOs before they became totally quest driven.

You have a lot of freedom on how you play it and what threads you decide to follow but some of the less  obvious quest chains have a lot to offer already though.

For example. Early on I ran into a fishing quest that starts in Windsward and sends you to Everfall to see another fisherman. I lost interest in that quest there when it wanted me to find some clams and tadpoles and it just sat in my journal for a couple of weeks.

Today I decided I wanted to get serious about leveling my fishing so I started following that quest and the whole rather large chain of quests it leads you on. It took me all over the place to First Light, Cutlass Keys, Brightwood, Weaver's Fen, etc. and because of it I ended up going into the Great Cleave area where I hadn't been before and is a snowy biome very different from any of the other parts of the island.

As the quest progressed the rewards also got more and more useful for fishing to the point that I have several pieces of gear now that enhance my fishing luck, let me cast farther, etc.

Now I'm glad I waited since I'm level 50 now and could easily handle the whole quest chain (still not done and it's sending me even farther north to Shattered Mountain for the next part) in one focused go in a day. If I had followed it before now I would have needed to do it with a lot of pauses between steps to level up.

Took my fishing from 2 to 30 while I was at it too :)
    [Deleted User]YashaX[Deleted User]
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    I play some Classical music on the background, preferably something from the Renaissance era--Byrd, Praetorius, and Monteverdi are highly recommended--sets the moods right. I trek into the forest, enjoy the scenery, light-up a smoke (IRL), gather and harvest. After a couple of hours of walking, watching, and being weird, I go back to the town and see what I can craft and what new discoveries await me. It is soothing, fun, and just pleasant. 

Enjoy the experience. A game shouldn't appeal to everyone, and not even to one's all needs. If I like to do something else, well, I play some other game. I am sure people are having different experiences than me. And that's fine. We read books and each picture it differently, come up to a different conclusion, imagine characters in our unique minds. Games are also a medium to enjoy something beyond the real life. New World provides that. May it be small, limited, and clunky at parts, but it is a new world nonetheless. 

Some might say I am wearing my rose-colored glasses. Well, I read a lot of comments here and I am not sure what people really want from a game. I too was once on the whole making informed decision bandwagon; reading reviews, dissecting a game to the bones even before being released, but I let that go. 

I am not saying criticism is a bad thing. I write critique for architecture, and sometimes about movies. But I wrote them for professionals, and those who would want to be professionals. I think that's where criticism should end. I haven't read about any games for a very long time now. I just go for it like when I was a kid (that's when @Kyleran was middle-aged), and it is way more enjoyable compared to my silly "informed" days. 

I think as gamers we just take ourselves too seriously. It is a hobby. Treat it as such. 
    olepiIselin
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • olepiolepi Member EpicPosts: 2,828
    I play some Classical music on the background, preferably something from the Renaissance era--Byrd, Praetorius, and Monteverdi are highly recommended--sets the moods right. I trek into the forest, enjoy the scenery, light-up a smoke (IRL), gather and harvest. After a couple of hours of walking, watching, and being weird, I go back to the town and see what I can craft and what new discoveries await me. It is soothing, fun, and just pleasant. 

I did this a lot with Rzyom, Put on some music, light up a cigar, and ride out with my packer to dig for the evening. Very relaxing.
    ConstantineMerus

------------
    2024: 47 years on the Net.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003
    laserit said:
    JeroKane said:

It is it's own game, A game that hundreds of thousands of people apparently enjoy. 
    Enjoy when you are on the winning faction I guess?

And how long are you going to enjoy that, when you won't have any players left in the other two wiped out factions to fight against?  Then what?

On my current primary server, my Covenant faction has been practically wiped out and Marauders being next on the wipe out list. Our faction chat has pretty much died out, as people either don't care anymore, rerolled a new char to join the dominating faction or moved to another server or quit the game already.

On my second server it's the same deal. Here I am apparently on the dominating faction that is in the process of wiping out the other two.

The fact that this can happen so quickly and is even possible at all, is an epic fail in my book.
    There should have been mitigations in place or at least incentives for losing factions to fight back.
    But there aren't and so people just give up and leave said server.

Just take a look. Only a handful of servers still have queues. A lot of other servers that had queues have none now. Including my two servers that had 700+ queues just last week.
    Sounds to me like players give up way too easily, can’t deal with failure. How do we develop against that. Give them fake wins to boost their morale?
    Isn't that the whole idea of RVR? That if there is a dominant side that the other two sides ban together and fight the dominant side?

I asked this in another thread but how did Dark Age of Camelot handle this?
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    Sovrath said:
    laserit said:
    JeroKane said:

It is it's own game, A game that hundreds of thousands of people apparently enjoy. 

And how long are you going to enjoy that, when you won't have any players left in the other two wiped out factions to fight against?  Then what?

On my current primary server, my Covenant faction has been practically wiped out and Marauders being next on the wipe out list. Our faction chat has pretty much died out, as people either don't care anymore, rerolled a new char to join the dominating faction or moved to another server or quit the game already.

On my second server it's the same deal. Here I am apparently on the dominating faction that is in the process of wiping out the other two.

The fact that this can happen so quickly and is even possible at all, is an epic fail in my book.
    There should have been mitigations in place or at least incentives for losing factions to fight back.

Just take a look. Only a handful of servers still have queues. A lot of other servers that had queues have none now. Including my two servers that had 700+ queues just last week.
    Sounds to me like players give up way too easily, can’t deal with failure. How do we develop against that. Give them fake wins to boost their morale?
    Isn't that the whole idea of RVR? That if there is a dominant side that the other two sides ban together and fight the dominant side?

From what I remember, admittedly from long ago, they didn't do anything. One side could become dominant.

But the difference is that DAOC RvR really didn't impact the PvE side very much. Each side still played in their own area, there is no way to lose that. There was no idea of taxes, etc.

Each side can capture relics, and relics give minor buffs, even to the PvE people. They've added some compensation to the side with the fewest relics:

"
    • Realms only holding 0-1 relics will see the highest difficulty guards defending their realms keeps and relic temples.
    • Realms with 2 relics will see little to no change from current guard difficulties.
    • Realms holding 3 or 4 relics will have slightly less powerful but still red-purple guards defending their keeps and relic temples.
    • Realms holding 5 or more relics will have significantly less powerful, orange-red guards defending their keeps and relic temples.
    "

------------

edited October 2021
    Sovrath said:
    laserit said:
    JeroKane said:

Yes, I thought

But it seems players would rather quit and join the winning team then stick with the team that they believed in and to work with other affiliations to achieve a common goal.

Sound familiar ;) 

edited for clarity 

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003
    laserit said:
    Sovrath said:
    laserit said:
    JeroKane said:

Yes, I thought

But it seems players would rather quit and join the winning team then stick with the team that they believed in and to work with other affiliations to achieve a common goal.

Sound familiar ;) 

edited for clarity 
    I think I missed the answer in the other thread.

But I can't disagree with you. I think this is just another example of how the audiences for the early games were so different from the modern audience who play these games.

So yeah, people ask for a great RVR game citing Dark Age of Camelot but it seems that it doesn't matter if such a game exists, the current player base is only interested in winning and loot and apparently not earning it.

It would take a very clever and talented development team to make losing an ok proposition.

I could vaguely imagine a system where losing added some sort of multiplier so that when a win was finally achieved when things were turned around, the new winning side achieved a greater reward.

However, I'm sure that's exploitable.
    laserit
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    Sovrath said:
    laserit said:
    Sovrath said:
    laserit said:
    JeroKane said:

Yes, I thought

Sound familiar ;) 

edited for clarity 

But I can't disagree with you. I think this is just another example of how the audiences for the early games were so different from the modern audience who play these games.

So yeah, people ask for a great RVR game citing Dark Age of Camelot but it seems that it doesn't matter if such a game exists, the current player base is only interested in winning and loot and apparently not earning it.

It would take a very clever and talented development team to make losing an ok proposition.

I could vaguely imagine a system where losing added some sort of multiplier so that when a win was finally achieved when things were turned around, the new winning side achieved a greater reward.

Call in the shrinks ;)

My humblest apologies if I've offended anyone :)
    Sovrath

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • BrainyBrainy Member EpicPosts: 2,038
    edited October 2021
    Scot said:
    I think some posters are missing the fact this game had five years of development but about two thirds (?) in to that they decided to change from open world pvp and put in quests. That's why there seems to be not as much as you would expect at this stage, but then if players are not even waiting for reviews you are going to be in for a bumpy ride anyway. I think the game will suffer from this, but long term they will add the content the game needs, they have more than enough money and their reputation depends on it.

The other factor here is we are in a strange new age of gaming where  players will be thinking "Ok I am done with it now, back for the DLC". I think those who will be having the most issues with the launch are ones expecting to find a new fulltime MMORPG home for the next few years. So many players don't even play that way any more. I am with you, I want a new MMORPG home for the next few years but the industry does not seem to feel it needs to launch them like that any more.

Yeah but whose fault is that?  These Devs must have been completely out of touch with their customers, to work on a game for years that if released how they were going would have been a complete disaster.  I mean sure I suppose you have to give them credit that someone over there listened to reason by the time they got past Alpha.

Whoever the person that made the decision to switch away from OPEN World PVP gankfest into PVE deserves a raise because they saved Amazon's entire reputation with that move.

Although I wouldn't be surprised they are not even listening to that person now, and have went back to making bad decisions.

This happens to most of the games, they have no clue what the players actually want, or if they do, they don't care.  Its very rare that these companies ever duplicate past success.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    edited October 2021
    Brainy said:
    Scot said:
    I think some posters are missing the fact this game had five years of development but about two thirds (?) in to that they decided to change from open world pvp and put in quests. That's why there seems to be not as much as you would expect at this stage, but then if players are not even waiting for reviews you are going to be in for a bumpy ride anyway. I think the game will suffer from this, but long term they will add the content the game needs, they have more than enough money and their reputation depends on it.

The other factor here is we are in a strange new age of gaming where  players will be thinking "Ok I am done with it now, back for the DLC". I think those who will be having the most issues with the launch are ones expecting to find a new fulltime MMORPG home for the next few years. So many players don't even play that way any more. I am with you, I want a new MMORPG home for the next few years but the industry does not seem to feel it needs to launch them like that any more.

Yeah but whose fault is that?  These Devs must have been completely out of touch with their customers, to work on a game for years that if released how they were going would have been a complete disaster.  I mean sure I suppose you have to give them credit that someone over there listened to reason by the time they got past Alpha.

Whoever the person that made the decision to switch away from OPEN World PVP gankfest into PVE deserves a raise because they saved Amazon's entire reputation with that move.

Although I wouldn't be surprised they are not even listening to that person now, and have went back to making bad decisions.

This happens to most of the games, they have no clue what the players actually want, or if they do, they don't care.  Its very rare that these companies ever duplicate past success.
    I am not disagreeing with you the ball is in their court to make the changes the game needs for long term sustainability. They have already demonstrated a lack of foresight but I am hoping once the server issues calm down they will spell out where they see the game going. Questing and PvP need looking at and might take a year to sort out, I would not rule out some sort of relaunch at the end of next year.

They need to build on what they have got PVP wise, but the questing may need rebuilding. At least that's what I am picking up from those who play.
    [Deleted User]
    Scot said:
    Brainy said:
    Scot said:

I am not disagreeing with you the ball is in their court to make the changes the game needs for long term sustainability. They have already demonstrated a lack of foresight but I am hoping once the server issues calm down they will spell out where they see the game going. Questing and PvP need looking at and might take a year to sort out, I would not rule out some sort of relaunch at the end of next year.

They need to build on what they have got PVP wise, but the questing may need rebuilding. At least that's what I am picking up from those who play.
    No its the lack of end game PVE that is going to be the problem.  Once these PVE'ers get to 60 and have nothing to do, you will start to see opinion turn on this game quickly.

Additionally end game corruption battles and city battles are being played by the top 2% on a server.  So when these casuals get up to where they think they can participate but are not able to because they are not elite enough, that's going to be a huge problem.
    Scot
    Torval said:
    laserit said:
    JeroKane said:

Agreed. It sounds to me like players just want to be on the winning faction and enjoy any buffs. Stop. End of story.

The claim about "wiping out a faction" makes no sense. No factions get "wiped out". Losing and having a dominant faction doesn't do anything to the other factions. There are no debuffs or punishments for losing (other than repair costs for deaths).

Say a single faction owns all the territories, at any given time the other two factions can challenge that and gain those territories. They do not have a penalty for trying. They can can those territories just as easily as if they owned all the others. What I'm saying is that territory ownership has nothing to do with how well a faction can challenge another.

Can a faction lose all of their territories? And f they do, there is no way to do the faction board quests to get XP for the faction, right?

------------

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    olepi said:
    Torval said:
    laserit said:
    JeroKane said:

Agreed. It sounds to me like players just want to be on the winning faction and enjoy any buffs. Stop. End of story.

The claim about "wiping out a faction" makes no sense. No factions get "wiped out". Losing and having a dominant faction doesn't do anything to the other factions. There are no debuffs or punishments for losing (other than repair costs for deaths).

Say a single faction owns all the territories, at any given time the other two factions can challenge that and gain those territories. They do not have a penalty for trying. They can can those territories just as easily as if they owned all the others. What I'm saying is that territory ownership has nothing to do with how well a faction can challenge another.

Can a faction lose all of their territories? And f they do, there is no way to do the faction board quests to get XP for the faction, right?
    Faction board quests can always be done no matter what and so can town board quests.

And the PvP faction board quests is how you put a territory in a conflict state so you can declare war and take it over in a War.
    [Deleted User]
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500
    Sovrath said:
    laserit said:
    Sovrath said:
    laserit said:
    JeroKane said:

Yes, I thought

Sound familiar ;) 

edited for clarity 

Well yeah, what other reason is there to PVP or do much of anything except earn progression as efficiently as possible?

Challenge is for suckers, speed rules.  RVR guild I joined in ESO timed how fast objectives (Keeps, resource points) could be taken down, didn't bother too much with Keep defenses especially once the tide started to turn as greater (or more rapid) rewards went to attackers.

DAOC had some specific mechanics which enabled smaller, more skilled 8 man's prevail over larger ones, so some players preferred to be in underdog realms.

One time on Mordred (FFA PVP) a single 8 man demolished my guild running in four 8 man groups, and while not supermen we weren't totally without knowledgeable and skilled players.

Another example, was in a keep retake in MLF, single Hib 8 man in the throne room.

Entire Alb Zerg went at them, and finally dislodged them after considerable bloodshed on the Alb side.

I made like 4K in realm points that evening, those Hib probably racked up around 72K for just that one fight.

In fact on many servers zergs were warned off from interferening with the 8 man's who preferred to fight only each other, one team vs another.

You tended to respect their wishes as most were composed of well known high level players who you didn't want to get on their bad side as they often controlled access to PVE leveling groups and camps.

laseritSovrath

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Kyleran said:
    Sovrath said:
    laserit said:
    Sovrath said:
    laserit said:
    JeroKane said:

Yes, I thought

Sound familiar ;) 

edited for clarity 

Well yeah, what other reason is there to PVP or do much of anything except earn progression as efficiently as possible?

Challenge is for suckers, speed rules.  RVR guild I joined in ESO timed how fast objectives (Keeps, resource points) could be taken down, didn't bother too much with Keep defenses especially once the tide started to turn as greater (or more rapid) rewards went to attackers.

DAOC had some specific mechanics which enabled smaller, more skilled 8 man's prevail over larger ones, so some players preferred to be in underdog realms.

One time on Mordred (FFA PVP) a single 8 man demolished my guild running in four 8 man groups, and while not supermen we weren't totally without knowledgeable and skilled players.

Another example, was in a keep retake in MLF, single Hib 8 man in the throne room.

Entire Alb Zerg went at them, and finally dislodged them after considerable bloodshed on the Alb side.

I made like 4K in realm points that evening, those Hib probably racked up around 72K for just that one fight.

In fact on many servers zergs were warned off from interferening with the 8 man's who preferred to fight only each other, one team vs another.

You tended to respect their wishes as most were composed of well known high level players who you didn't want to get on their bad side as they often controlled access to PVE leveling groups and camps.

Thats what DAOC flow so much and is a true RvR game ..

Warhammer has that going on right now , ive seen (and been part of) skilled 8 mans , wipe an entire Warband .. Also been on the receiving end of that at times when in PuG Warbands .. Very cool to see that kind of coordination .

At this point IMO NW barely can call itself an RVR game .. with flagging and scheduled, signup , instanced combat being the premier of there hrmmm RvR ..

Feels more like Casual V Casual
    Kyleran
    Torval said:

Is this a surprise? Gaming has become a win-win procedural and players are becoming unused to any sort of failure, this is particularity problematic in this sort of MMO where bad experiences can turn off PvE players who try out PvP.

Brainy said:
    No its the lack of end game PVE that is going to be the problem.  Once these PVE'ers get to 60 and have nothing to do, you will start to see opinion turn on this game quickly.

Additionally end game corruption battles and city battles are being played by the top 2% on a server.  So when these casuals get up to where they think they can participate but are not able to because they are not elite enough, that's going to be a huge problem.
    Would not good end game content revolve around developing the PvP control zones though? That might be done in various ways, those who can't compete as you mentioned might have a separate intermediate PvP activity developed for them. 
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    Scot said:

Brainy said:

Would not good end game content revolve around developing the PvP control zones though? That might be done in various ways, those who can't compete as you mentioned might have a separate intermediate PvP activity developed for them. 
    Sure there are some PVP things that need to be worked out.  Here is the thing, this game isnt popular because its an awesome PVP game.  Its popular because casual PVE'ers have nothing better to play and are in NW gathering, crafting and killing stuff.  When those people reach 60 and have nothing to do, there is going to be problems.

Honestly if they want to make the PVP players happy, just open up some PVP servers and let them go at it without flags, then allow people a free transfer to those servers.  That is an endless PVP loop right there.  You will see thou about 10% max of the players would move.  Because PVP players are a vocal minority in MMO's and don't drive the mass player numbers.

edited October 2021
    Brainy said:
    Scot said:

Brainy said:

Sure there are some PVP things that need to be worked out.  Here is the thing, this game isnt popular because its an awesome PVP game.  Its popular because casual PVE'ers have nothing better to play and are in NW gathering, crafting and killing stuff.  When those people reach 60 and have nothing to do, there is going to be problems.

Honestly if they want to make the PVP players happy, just open up some PVP servers and let them go at it without flags, then allow people a free transfer to those servers.  That is an endless PVP loop right there.  You will see thou about 10% max of the players would move.  Because PVP players are a vocal minority in MMO's and don't drive the mass player numbers.

I don't agree with you, I think gameplay setup is what determines why players play, in Planeside for example its all about PvP. But I see what you are getting at here, if you have loads of die hard PvE's who get to top level they will drop out, but is that a problem as far as Amazon is concerned?

We are not in the world of MMOs we once had, this is an era of pick the game up, play it a bit and put it down and then when the next dlc comes out try it again. When they talking about the game it sounds like a MMO home, but we may find its an on off home with dlc's making players return for a while. Now to me this is a problem, I want MMOs to be a home, but how we want games to be is not how they always turn out, I wonder if we are seeing a new iteration here?

If you are right the priority is likely to be getting some raiding or furthering the crafting goal posts. Both of which could be good for the game, but raids and RvR often clash if not done right.
    [Deleted User]
  • borghive49borghive49 Member RarePosts: 493
    If you pretend priests were not the only "must have" healer back in Vanilla WoW (and recently in Classic), then indeed, you are talking out of your butt. I was there in 2004 and also in Classic. Druids, Paladins, and Shaman are considered "off healers", the ONLY main healer is the priest.

This said, you may want to notice that I already said that NW needs more healing diversity, and it's coming with the Void Gauntlet.

Rose colored glasses also most likely make you forget about the terrible lack of quests in specific level ranges in WoW vanilla in 2004, making you grind mobs if you wanted to progress. Who is most complete at release ? At least NW has a mechanic to compensate for the eventual lack of quests in some level ranges, and that's dynamic faction and city quests. WoW didn't have anything like that. I remember having to grind yetis in Winterspring to finish leveling my Druid back in December 2004, because I had no more quests to finish.

So how's your butt talking ? Must be smelly methinks.
    All the healers were wanted for raids dumb dumb. I find it hilarious how people are trying to compare a game released in 2021 to a game released in 2004 as well. It's sad that WoW in 2004 was still a way better game than what Amazon released in 2021. This game is tanking fast as well. They have lost almost a third of the starting player base now because the game just flat out sucks. You're just too blinded at the moment because you're starved for a new MMO like the rest of the lemmings praising this crap pile. 
    [Deleted User]KyleranBrainy
    Zenislav if you find my posts incredulous do say why, that's what the forum is for.
  • borghive49borghive49 Member RarePosts: 493
    Stizzled said:
    If you pretend priests were not the only "must have" healer back in Vanilla WoW (and recently in Classic), then indeed, you are talking out of your butt. I was there in 2004 and also in Classic. Druids, Paladins, and Shaman are considered "off healers", the ONLY main healer is the priest.

This said, you may want to notice that I already said that NW needs more healing diversity, and it's coming with the Void Gauntlet.

Rose colored glasses also most likely make you forget about the terrible lack of quests in specific level ranges in WoW vanilla in 2004, making you grind mobs if you wanted to progress. Who is most complete at release ? At least NW has a mechanic to compensate for the eventual lack of quests in some level ranges, and that's dynamic faction and city quests. WoW didn't have anything like that. I remember having to grind yetis in Winterspring to finish leveling my Druid back in December 2004, because I had no more quests to finish.

So how's your butt talking ? Must be smelly methinks.
    All the healers were wanted for raids dumb dumb. I find it hilarious how people are trying to compare a game released in 2021 to a game released in 2004 as well. It's sad that WoW in 2004 was still a way better game than what Amazon released in 2021. This game is tanking fast as well. They have lost almost a third of the starting player base now because the game just flat out sucks. You're just too blinded at the moment because you're starved for a new MMO like the rest of the lemmings praising this crap pile. 
    Paladins, Shamans and Druids we're all indeed very sought after healers. Each one was capable of healing any dungeon just fine, though the Druid lacked a proper resurrection spell. They especially shined in raids where all of those hybrid classes could easily out heal a Priest.

That said, they fell into those roles because their other specs were unfinished and useless. They remained that way until TBC.

WoW was hardly a better game at release than NW is currently. So much of it was unfinished or completely broken. It didn't just have long queue times, it had days and days of the servers being completely offline. EQ and UO fans were ripping it apart left and right. But, it eventually became a much better game. Let's see what NW can become.
    I disagree that NW is in a better shape than WoW launch in 2004. WoW had way more content and variety than NW has at launch. Most of the assets and mobs are just copy pasted all the way to the level cap. 

New World was basically a survival game that they're trying to turn into a MMO. You can see that DNA all over the game and moving forward that is going to be a major obstacle in actually making NW into a MMO that will have longevity. 

This game is nothing more than over hyped garbage that is losing it's player base fast. They have lost a 3rd of their players already according to the steam charts. 
    [Deleted User]IselinBrainy
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    The basic idea behind survival games is that you need to survive for just being. Hunger, thirst, sleep, shelter, etc. Environmental factors wear you down. You'd lose your stuff upon death. Other players are hostile by default unless they "act" friendly. So I am not sure based on what criteria NW is a survival game. 
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung