Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This game is just about everything I want in an MMO and a bit more

Comments

• MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,268
    Scorchien said:
    The combat has bored me to tears now .. cannot take much more

Well, its not for everyone.

Luckily you can still go back to tab targeting wow or FFXIV. 
    [Deleted User]Kyleranborghive49
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Scorchien said:

You have to try weapon combos until you find the one that fits your play style. And not judge a weapon only after you got the first skill, unlock at least 3 main skills and some perks.
    For instance the Spear at start can be pretty boring, but once you have all the CC abilities you become a very valuable asset to any group and solo you are able to hold your own against much stronger enemies.

Well actually, it's no different than other MMORPGs. In WoW you select a class you like, but then the combat at low level is pretty boring, spam the same ability over and over again.

If you want something that requires even more skill, try bow or musket along with another weapon. Once you master the bow and are used to anticipating enemy moves, you do devastating damage.

Or as already said, just give up and return to something you are comfortable with, a game where you tab target a mob and just fire and forget your arrow because it will hit it no matter what the mob does...
    How is tab targeting any different than swing weapon with no control? I didnt find NW that much different than tab target game. 
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    edited October 2021
    Tokken said:
    I actually joined a guild and PvPed last night... defending a fort. It was FUN! and I'm not usually a pvper.... so I'm surprised I enjoyed it that much.
    I think the problem often lies in what sort of PvP does the game offer. Those who are PvE inclined need a reason to PvP, forts and regional control do just that, NW seems to have done this well from what players are saying.

I hear from some that the combat is boring, is it too dumbed down for when it gets ported to console? I always assumed console MMOs used simpler control systems but they can't all be really dumbed down, some I am sure are more complex, has that gone too far here?

On what Picard is saying, just because this is not tab targeting does not mean it has to be simplistic. Maybe that's the line they have taken here but we know from other games that you can do complexity and tactics. It just seems MMO-'FPS' start with a "keep it simple" mantra.
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    edited October 2021
    Asheram said:
    Scorchien said:

You have to try weapon combos until you find the one that fits your play style. And not judge a weapon only after you got the first skill, unlock at least 3 main skills and some perks.
    For instance the Spear at start can be pretty boring, but once you have all the CC abilities you become a very valuable asset to any group and solo you are able to hold your own against much stronger enemies.

Well actually, it's no different than other MMORPGs. In WoW you select a class you like, but then the combat at low level is pretty boring, spam the same ability over and over again.

If you want something that requires even more skill, try bow or musket along with another weapon. Once you master the bow and are used to anticipating enemy moves, you do devastating damage.

Or as already said, just give up and return to something you are comfortable with, a game where you tab target a mob and just fire and forget your arrow because it will hit it no matter what the mob does...
    How is tab targeting any different than swing weapon with no control? I didnt find NW that much different than tab target game. 

I dont really play ranged much though, the melee is just click a skill, same as guild Wars 2. Nothing like Mount & Blade which Gloria Victis is, where you have to actively pick attack directions and active pick block directions. So for me it isnt that much different than tab targeting, get close pick skill game does the rest.

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    I am really tempted to buy this game. No sub right so 40 bucks hmm. I hope I can manage the combat. I am currently playing Tales of Berseria and Diablo 2 Resurrected. I am playing Diablo 2 offline because the online keeps getting disconnected and I got fed up and started an offline Necro. Using a controller on D2. Much better way to play and less strain on my hands.
    Ungoodstrawhat0981
    Chamber of Chains
    cheyane said:
    I am really tempted to buy this game. No sub right so 40 bucks hmm. I hope I can manage the combat. I am currently playing Tales of Berseria and Diablo 2 Resurrected. I am playing Diablo 2 offline because the online keeps getting disconnected and I got fed up and started an offline Necro. Using a controller on D2. Much better way to play and less strain on my hands.
    Maybe there are reviews about how many buttons you have to press, how clicky games are, but never seen anything like that. Maybe you could do some and corner the market?
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Scorchien said:

I'm level 43 , and it's still boring  , like all action combat games , I find them all easier than some more traditional mmos ,..  

At 43 I'm running mostly musket/spear, and most mobs up 50ish never touch me , I rarely need the spear , I actually only use it much of the time to level it ..

But ..

Headshot 
       Headshot ( sometimes this 2nd will miss or not hit head, does not matter)
        Dump trap
         Dump Sticky Bomb
         You can now get off 2 more Headshots easy..  

No regular mob survives this  I move on untouched
    Now if I need spear or just Choose run around with it level ..  

ALWAYS hold RMB block (constant)
    Yes you can Dodge and slam skills while in the block state, makes block recovery near instant.. 
     But .   

Skewer for the bleed 

Blocking auto 1.  2 

Perforate  

Block. Auto 1 2 

Save Vault for interrupts and stun 

Yes boring as fuck , repetitive shit ,that evev a circus flea could manage..  

Now the pvp is a bit better as we have the human factor but even that is becoming predictable,  as soon as you see the weapon your enemy has you know his skillset there are 3 and easily prdictable..   And I would think putting in friendly fire would add a level if combat care to pvp..  

The game was no built for over and why it is so dumb easy .. 

I'll write more later .. have a meeting
    strawhat0981Mikeha
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500
    Iselin said:
    Tokken said:
    I actually joined a guild and PvPed last night... defending a fort. It was FUN! and I'm not usually a pvper.... so I'm surprised I enjoyed it that much.
    They are fun. I've been in 3 now, all on defense, and no one has been able to capture even one of the three flags against us yet :)

Zerg guild.

;)
    UngoodIselin

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• jitter77jitter77 Member UncommonPosts: 512
    Lots of grinding in this game for crafting.  I like that you can level all craft skills and not be confined to a couple.  I have a lvl 25 char that i did first dungeon with and now a lvl 21 char where i have hardly donev any quests and leveled mostly by crafting.  The dungeon was kinda meh.... Very short and super easy.   Hopefully the next one is better.  I'm hoping they add more dungeons and raids in the future
  • borghive49borghive49 Member RarePosts: 493
    MikeJezZ said:
    Scorchien said:

ROFL, the combat in FF14 and the rotations are way more complicated than this game. There is like no depth to these weapons. NW will be a ghost town in a month maybe less. They have have lost almost 300k concurrent players this week. 

This game needs an entire rework from the ground up. It's a promising alpha at best. 
    ScotMikehaYashaX
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited October 2021
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Wargfoot said:
    MikeJezZ said:
    Scorchien said:

ROFL, the combat in FF14 and the rotations are way more complicated than this game. There is like no depth to these weapons. NW will be a ghost town in a month maybe less. They have have lost almost 300k concurrent players this week. 

This game needs an entire rework from the ground up. It's a promising alpha at best. 
    TEH GAMe is goinG TO BANK RUPT TEH AMAOZN AND JEFF WON"T be  aBLE to t FLY HIS ROCKET Anymores.

The mindset that glories in the failure of other people's efforts is very petty.
    Players keep talking about the simplicity of the combat, that's not going away and would take a major overhaul to fix. Maybe what they have is good enough, but only time will confirm that.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500
    Wargfoot said:
    I bought the game but uninstalled when I found out that my assets aren't being secured via blockchain.
    @bcbully would be proud.

Go crypto or go home!  ;)

[Deleted User]Iselin

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• DjijinDjijin Member UncommonPosts: 108
    edited October 2021
    MikeJezZ said:
    Scorchien said:

People still tab target in Wow? Macros really aren't known to many are they? Seems very odd, seeing how this complaint is nearly completely removed if one actually knows how to configure their game.

You are then left with a game with COMPLEX game play, and minimal to no tab targeting. But, it seems like modern gamers can only handle a few abilities these days. Normally, I find spam fest games like Black Desert and ESO highly repetitive and boring, but some have said this game feels like AC1, so I'll keep an open mind, but am in no rush to play currently.

I currently play on a vanilla+ server with new content added frequently. Configured for nearly no tab combat. Until new mmos can prove to be nearly endlessly playable, and not just a 3 months and quit experience, I'll stick to my private server.

YashaX
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    This game I feel is probably more enjoyable if one PvPs. I feel that the structure and base of it was always designed for that and if one does not PvP one is missing out.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Kyleran said:
    Iselin said:
    Tokken said:
    They are fun. I've been in 3 now, all on defense, and no one has been able to capture even one of the three flags against us yet :)

Zerg guild.

;)
    Wars are always 50 v. 50 so more like a mini zerg v. mini zerg.

The other guys yesterday tried to be sneaky, climbed a hill and came at us from the rear of my control point. The problem for them is that we saw them slowly climbing all the way lol so plenty of time to get our rovers ready to jump them. Our rear is also in perfect range for our siege repeaters in the fort. It was a slaughter but amazingly, they came back and tried it again... same result.

We spent the last 3 minutes of that War fishing in a pond near their camp :)

[Deleted User]Kyleran[Deleted User]YashaX
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Asheram said:
    Scorchien said:

So by this logic .. ESO is TabTarget?
    [Deleted User]
    Wargfoot said:
    Scot said:
    Wargfoot said:
    MikeJezZ said:
    Scorchien said:

TEH GAMe is goinG TO BANK RUPT TEH AMAOZN AND JEFF WON"T be  aBLE to t FLY HIS ROCKET Anymores.

The mindset that glories in the failure of other people's efforts is very petty.
    Players keep talking about the simplicity of the combat, that's not going away and would take a major overhaul to fix. Maybe what they have is good enough, but only time will confirm that.
    Have you read through the skills on some of the weapons and how stacking/timing things can have a big impact on play?  I get a headache going through all that and it is already more complicated that I want...
    As a healer doing 3 heavy attacks buffs my healing by 30% (10% each, stacking 3 times for 10s) and roll dodging buffs it by another 20% for 5s. My light attacks are also modified by a passive that heals friendlies near my target and another passive makes it so that they reduce the cooldowns on my skills. And oh yeah, my heavy attacks also remove a debuff from each friendly they pass through thanks to another passive.

My single target big heal heals the target by 30% more for each buff they have on them and my own buffs contribute 10% more per buff to me healing.

So yeah, there's quite a bit to a lot of those skills when you look at the passives you can take and then do what's required to take advantage of it.
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]Kyleran
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

Scorchien said:
    Asheram said:
    Scorchien said:

So by this logic .. ESO is TabTarget?
    Yeah it is. It's tab target with reactive action combat layered on top of it. All that matters in ESO is that at the time you fire off your skill the target was either in your very generous crosshairs or that you had locked on it using, wait for it, the tab key.

After that point if it's a projectile, it will do however many turns it needs to do to follow and hit the target.
    [Deleted User]

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• biaxilbiaxil Member UncommonPosts: 35
    Hahaha... come on now.  This game is a mish mosh haphazardly thrown together that lacks an identity.  Calling this game perfect is straight up shilling. The pvp is mostly pointless and the pve is terrible compared to most themepark games,  which new world is in the direction of trying to become,  sort of. The action combat is clunky. It brings nothing new to the table and only exists in the form that it does,  because amazon is trying to cater to the least common denominator type of casual player to profit as much as possible.  There is 0 integrity put in the creative design of this game,  and amazon is fully aware of it,  but they don't care because they knew they could feed you this crap and you'd eat it anyway. 
    Rungarborghive49Mikeha

Loved EQ Classic and hates that carebears had it changed.

• biaxilbiaxil Member UncommonPosts: 35
    112 hours, and still can't wait to log back in to continue playing.
    I was waiting for something like this since UO and AC1.
    Like what? This game is nothing like UO.
    Scorchien

Loved EQ Classic and hates that carebears had it changed.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• DjijinDjijin Member UncommonPosts: 108
    edited October 2021
    Well there is a game in development that has full server side physics, where an arrow is a real object in the game that can interact with anything in it's flight path (be it solid, magic, gas, etc).

Granted, most here shyte on it because of it's development time and drama, and who the hell knows if it will ever launch. Point is, it takes ballz to develop new tech like that so cheats and non-immersive mechanics don't have to be used.

I only wish this wasn't left to high risk, indie developers.