Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Atelier Ryza and its battle system

cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
edited July 2021 in General Gaming
I was quite reluctant to play this because of the  active time battle system. I hate it because part of the the wonderful thing about the combat system in the other atelier games was the ability to take time and think of what skill or items you might want to use. Now I rush in and I have no idea what I'm doing because things are moving too quickly. I am so unsatisfied with the way the game plays in this aspect but I love the Atelier games so I am asking for some help in solving my issues.

I'm a bit afraid of Reddit because if I say I dislike the battle system there they might come down on me like a tonne of bricks.

Firstly I had this awful issue where I was getting really a bit dizzy and had a bad headache each time I played the game with the Xbox controller. I use the PS controller most times but because  Steam displays the Xbox commands I switched controllers and the character was swaying around so much as went about collecting resources I was getting such a  bad headache I had to stop doing anything for a couple of hours for it to pass. I managed to solve this using the Steam configuration and setting the response curve to its max and increasing the red zone to its fullest. This stopped the over sensitive controls that was swaying wildly each time I touched it.

Then I am now handling the combat itself. I have watched numerous tutorials and although I understand the steps and how to use the the different keys I am still doing poorly. Well it did not help either that I confused the quick action key which was the right trigger with the using item key. So I kept hitting RT when all I had to do was hit 'X' for an item. Yes dumbass reporting for duty.

So here's the thing I want to find out which is the best way to use the stances. I was hitting the mob getting 10 AP and going to Tactics 2 and then hitting aggressive stance. Although this worked well for normal mobs I think I have to get a better handle on switching stances. Should I stay in normal and try to collect some reserve AP or more importantly when do you switch stances. I am also not good at switching characters mid fight so was thinking of playing the one that can heal (Tao) so I can top off people using my skill ('Y') and may be switch to Ryza to use the bombs and such.

In spite of hating this new ATB system I do love every Atelier game to bits and this is no exception. I am hoping they go back to the old turn based system that allows you to think and play. This way I'm just mashing the buttons like a loon.
Chamber of Chains

Comments

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    Ayoh seriously no one replied > I'll have to brave the PS4 or Reddit boards.    :sweat_smile:   :#
    Chamber of Chains
    Thanks I will try that too.
    Chamber of Chains
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    Sorry I can't help you but I have never even heard of Atelier games......
    edited July 2021
    Sorry I can't help you but I have never even heard of Atelier games......

This might help. The real wonder is the crafting system in the games.

Chamber of Chains
    I wanted to boast about the beautiful world of Ateleir Ryza. I am slowly getting better at the game.

Chamber of Chains
    You damn bots stop using my thread!!!
    Chamber of Chains
    edited August 2021
    Why is it so difficult to get the physical versions of atelier ryza?
    Try Playasia or Amazon.
    Chamber of Chains
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,986
    cheyane said:
    Try Playasia or Amazon.
    I flagged this one as an adbot, hopefully that was right. :)
    cheyane
    Scot said:
    cheyane said:
    Try Playasia or Amazon.
    I am very hurt you forgot who I am after all the wonderful time we had sharing many 'agrees' , an occasional 'insightful' and 'awesome' and the rare 'lol'

crying-emoji - TheBrainInJane
    Scot
    Chamber of Chains
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,986
    cheyane said:
    Scot said:
    cheyane said:
    Try Playasia or Amazon.
    I am very hurt you forgot who I am after all the wonderful time we had sharing many 'agrees' , an occasional 'insightful' and 'awesome' and the rare 'lol'

crying-emoji - TheBrainInJane
    I based this on three things, an actual picture, what looks like his age on the end of his name (does anyone do that now?), obscure relation of some posts to the thread.

Knowing my luck he is now going to say he is a real person. :)
    Almost 90 hours and still haven't finished, the crafting is just addictive. I keep trying to make better and better items and I don't even realise  2 hours have passed.
    Chamber of Chains
    I have finished this game am on Tales of Berseria now. I finally switched to the controller and got past something I got stuck on in 2017 when I first tried this game. Some games really do need the controller. I am finally embracing it because it is definitely a lot kinder to my hands.
    Chamber of Chains
  • MorningDawningMorningDawning Newbie CommonPosts: 20
    Being new to Atelier and this combat system it does take some getting used to, but once you understand the AP count, when to use the combo chains, and how to utilize battle orders to your advantage it becomes super easy. Of course, as an alchemist, having the best equipment possible is also a bonus. It definitely has a learning curve, but its not a steep one.