Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Prime Gaming

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited October 2021
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    edited October 2021
    Wargfoot said:
    This kind of makes sense: Buy through Prime instead of Steam.
    They have new stuff coming out every couple weeks through October.
    It's not about buying through Prime instead of Steam. You can buy the game anywhere you want.

They're just coupling all their products so that you're getting everything from New World goodies to free delivery should you want to buy diapers from Amazon's online store under a single Prime membership.

In a way it's good marketing from Amazon to get people as their Prime members. But on the other hand I think Amazon is getting too big and the company should be either forcibly split or be forced to sell their different services separately because this kind of coupling isn't good for healthy competition.

Asm0deus

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Wargfoot said:
    In a way it's good marketing from Amazon to get people as their Prime members. But on the other hand I think Amazon is getting too big and the company should be either forcibly split or be forced to sell their different services separately because this kind of coupling isn't good for healthy competition.

I dunno, if I weren't already a Prime member I might actually shy away from the game because of this sort of promotion.  This could be a negative for them.
    Well I've been a Prime member for a couple of years and I was aware of the Prime gaming freebies for various games but have never had any interest in anything there or claimed anything before now.

I sure as hell wouldn't get Prime for the New World goodies but since I already have it (mostly for the exclusive shows.. like The Wheel of Time coming in November) I'll gladly take those Prime NW freebies.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Wargfoot said:
    The fact they're rolling these out week by week is interesting.
    The game is a one time purchase... not like they have to keep me subscribed.
    Something every two weeks until December 21st announced so far,
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED