Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are these the only games you can make rare items?

lonesollonesol Member UncommonPosts: 60
By that I don't mean like rare such as everquest where every one gets it, I mean like truly rare one of a kind. I wanted to see if I missed any games before I commit too ryzom, I gave up hoping for a new game coming out with it, it's just not gonna happen haha. Complex crafting is not on the table for any modern game, it's too hard for most and makes no money.  Also almost as import is items that break. 

Ryzom stats resources, and abilities to add different things to items, this game no ones gonna make the same thing as you do.  Items break. 

Swg original about the same as ryzom minus less options, and space items are the same, with items breaking 

Ulitma online, the resources are static, but the crafting is randomized to the point where you can make something no one else has.  

Uncharted waters online, random crafting, fusion, and ends up with boats and items that are truly rare. 
That's it that I know of,  even say diablo 2 with it's randomized crafting people end up with the same thing in the end. Am I missing a gem or 2? 

All those 4 games have flaws, swg is buggy, and the emulators lack polish. Ryzom is very grindy digging and killing things to get resources over and over till you hit 250 never made that grind yet, but it's looking like ryzom is the only choice I have. Ulitma online has a bunch of cheaters that run everything and the developers could care less, and ban you if you complain about the cheaters. Also items don't break which is stupid. Uncharted waters is just a pay 2 win garbage game, with gambling problems. Ryzom is def the winner out of all those. 

So this was my last attempt too see if I missed a game over the years. Doesn't have to be online. Thanks for any help. 

Comments

• DjijinDjijin Member UncommonPosts: 108
    Technically Camelot Unchained would allow it, seeing how it uses as similar crafting system to SWG in many respects.

This of course entirely relies on if it ever releases.
    lonesol
  • lonesollonesol Member UncommonPosts: 60
    edited October 2021
    Djijin said:
    Technically Camelot Unchained would allow it, seeing how it uses as similar crafting system to SWG in many respects.

This of course entirely relies on if it ever releases.
    I will have too keep a eye out for that one thanks.  Though it looks like you can repair your items in that, which kinda ruins it. 
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    I think that Ryzom only fits the uniqueness criteria due to the resources added to the construction formula.  That being said, 100 of resource A with a set quality + 100 of resource B with a set quality will always = item C with a resulting quality.  Anyone can make it, as long as they use the exact same A and B.  It gives the illusion of producing rare and unique items but it isn't really.

But like you said above, mat farming can be excessively grindy.  That is what provides the uniqueness.  Who else is going to farm the exact same mats as you do?  (and has the bag/bank space to collect everything needed).  You're likely as not to harvest 10 specific items with 10 different qualities.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,882
    Dofus has professions that focus on enhancing items. It's complex enough that you might like it.

edited October 2021
    Mendel said:
    I think that Ryzom only fits the uniqueness criteria due to the resources added to the construction formula.  That being said, 100 of resource A with a set quality + 100 of resource B with a set quality will always = item C with a resulting quality.  Anyone can make it, as long as they use the exact same A and B.  It gives the illusion of producing rare and unique items but it isn't really.

But like you said above, mat farming can be excessively grindy.  That is what provides the uniqueness.  Who else is going to farm the exact same mats as you do?  (and has the bag/bank space to collect everything needed).  You're likely as not to harvest 10 specific items with 10 different qualities.

Not only that some resources can't be gotten after a season , items break, and crafting you can add bonuses which are random, so nope it's not a illusion, there is only one of a item after you make it and they are gonna break. So I suppose ur right there is a small chance some one has the same resources as you, choice to put them in the identical order as you, because remember each thing has 2 to 6 or so different resources it needs, and if you change any of them it changes the item. While getting as lucky as you did on the crafting which can fail. It is definitely possible, but extremely unlikely. Unlike every other game where every one will end up having the same stuff. It's not a matter of if it's only when. Where ryzom it's a matter of if. 

Forgot to mention that even if they did get the same item, they would also have had to of made their skills identical to yours since you can create your own abilities. The chances are really low that any one would have the same abilities, character, and items as you, like up their with guessing passwords. 

Vs say Wow, eq, eq2, ff14,ff11 diablo, diablo 2, diablo 3, skyrim, oblivion, neverwinter all of them, and every other game in existence every one will get the items eventually.  I have in every one of those games ran into some one that had the same items, character, ect. 

I'm not sure if the resources are randomised though, I haven't got that far yet.  
    Post edited by lonesol on
    edited October 2021
    Vrika said:
    Dofus has professions that focus on enhancing items. It's complex enough that you might like it.
    Hmmm dofus sounds werid haha, but I'm not gonna judge that on its name. I will look it up thank you. Hmm doesn't look like it's for me all the classes are the same with no customization. I can't pin down everything but from the few essays I read, it looks like crafting is more like wow than swg or ryzom, resources have no values, and other than a grind every one makes the same thing, and nothing breaks. While adding in some people call it pay 2 win with a cash shop. 
    That's to many negatives for me , many thanks though. 
    Post edited by lonesol on
  • AmarantharAmaranthar Member EpicPosts: 5,785
    I'm not familiar with this system. But I've always wanted a game where crafting is very deep, with lots of options and lots or experimenting for new discoveries. 
    And players should be able to keep their secrets, until someone else makes the same discoveries. 
    lonesol

Once upon a time....

I'm not familiar with this system. But I've always wanted a game where crafting is very deep, with lots of options and lots or experimenting for new discoveries. 
    And players should be able to keep their secrets, until someone else makes the same discoveries. 
    that would be ryzom. There is a huge difference between a master and a novice in this game, and not just levels on a screen. I guess there is nothing like it, so I'm just gonna suck it up and grind it out for the next year haha.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    Mendel said:

There's something particularly awesome about Ryzom where you are harvesting in this alien world with the only company being the lonely, haunting wind.

lonesolkitaradMendel
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    Sovrath said:
    Mendel said:

There's something particularly awesome about Ryzom where you are harvesting in this alien world with the only company being the lonely, haunting wind.

Haha true, it is lonely. Some times it not though people are super friendly in this game always trying to help me, but I'm more of a solo person that plays 2 characters. I never had so many people try to help me before in a mmo. 

I like lonely though, so a small population isn't really a negative too me. 
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    lonesol said:
    Sovrath said:
    Mendel said:

Haha true, it is lonely. Some times it not though people are super friendly in this game always trying to help me, but I'm more of a solo person that plays 2 characters. I never had so many people try to help me before in a mmo. 

I like lonely though, so a small population isn't really a negative too me. 

It's more about the ambience of the world. It's a plus.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • olepiolepi Member EpicPosts: 2,815
    I love Ryzom and did get one digging skill to 250. It can go faster if you have a helper.

Ryzom is the only game I know of where all of the best stuff is player made, there are no fixed recipes, and people do hoard their secrets.

Sometimes using a lower quality ingredient can actually result in a better output.
    kitarad

------------
    2024: 47 years on the Net.