Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Roughly 8 days to launch... who’s hyped?

2»

Comments

• DattelisDattelis Member RarePosts: 1,435
    edited September 2021
    I'm curious what everyone is going to start out as first? I'm leaning into musket but not sure what to pair with that. I have always like the idea of a gun-wielding magician though.
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947
    Dattelis said:
    I'm curious what everyone is going to start out as first? I'm leaning into musket but not sure what to pair with that. I have always like the idea of a gun-wielding magician though.
    Lifetaff.
    Hoping they put in the Void Gauntlet soon.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,818
    edited September 2021
    Tokken said:
    I'm hyped. I'm thinking of taking the day off for launch!
    Classic mistake!
    You can cross your fingers all day and hope there will be no server queues but having looked into my crystal ball of gaming (also known as thinking back to every big release MMO land has known) I will predict that we will have an article on here titled something like "New World launches, Huge Server Queues!".
    HengistChildoftheShadows
  • RemaliRemali Member RarePosts: 914
    Im going great hammer and life staff sorta like a paladin
    If greatsword is released Ill try that too
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,004
    Doing a blind jump in on launch day with no previous knowledge for better or worse. Worst case scenario I waste $40.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• BrainyBrainy Member EpicPosts: 2,026
    Scot said:
    Tokken said:
    Classic mistake!
    You can cross your fingers all day and hope there will be no server queues but having looked into my crystal ball of gaming (also known as thinking back to every big release MMO land has known) I will predict that we will have an article on here titled something like "New World launches, Huge Server Queues!".
    Yeah you are probably right however, this case is a little different than most I think.  Amazon AWS reputation is on the line.  I mean if they cant do this without problems then who can.  Big companies wanting to use AWS will look at this if they ever want to do a huge launch.  So yeah probably some servers will have queues not because Amazon cant handle them, but because everyone will try to jam into only a few servers, but the low pop servers will probably be fine.  Seemed that way in Beta's at least.  Guess we will see, if Amazon will crash like all the rest.
    UngoodLinif
  • LinifLinif Member UncommonPosts: 338
    I’m just looking forward to having something to consistently log into each day.  Maybe get bored after a few months, but the 28th can’t get here fast enough!
    I#m definitely using New World to hold me over until Lost Ark Western Release and FF14 Endwalker.  :D
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,818
    Brainy said:
    Scot said:
    Tokken said:
    Classic mistake!
    Yeah you are probably right however, this case is a little different than most I think.  Amazon AWS reputation is on the line.  I mean if they cant do this without problems then who can.  Big companies wanting to use AWS will look at this if they ever want to do a huge launch.  So yeah probably some servers will have queues not because Amazon cant handle them, but because everyone will try to jam into only a few servers, but the low pop servers will probably be fine.  Seemed that way in Beta's at least.  Guess we will see, if Amazon will crash like all the rest.
    I really don't see their reputation being on the line from launch day server queues, these days the same gaming journalists who do a dramatic headline about the queues will put something like "as we always see" in the article.

I hope you are right, but I think you are overly optimistic; I will leave you with one word that MMOs never had to used to have to deal with on launch day...Streamers.
  • SensaiSensai Member UncommonPosts: 220
    Hengist said:
    Well, the nice people of the guild I've met during beta will go Marauder, so will I.

Is that how you found a group?

I thought about that, then I thought I'd wait until I found a server, and would then work on finding a company that I liked. I realize it's been quite a while since I've even looked (call it 7 years at least....) 
    There is a company recruiting section in the New World reddit and there is a recruitment channel in the New Worlders discord.
    Hengist

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    I'm definitely in the "wait and see" category.  It just takes too much effort to be hyped about a game; it is the best path to follow if I'm interested in throwing money away (again).  I'm not in a financial situation to be wasting money on games I may not even like.  NW might be a great game, but it's PvP roots put severe 'will I like it' doubts in my mind.

Ungood

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• DIVDIIDIVDII Member UncommonPosts: 6
    Marauder is where it's at. Can't be a religious nutjob and as posted above, Fuck Purple
    [Deleted User]
  • hamlathishamlathis Member UncommonPosts: 25
    Not me. Canceled. generic mmo, not a real theme park not a real sandbox. no history...
    YashaX
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,389
    edited September 2021
    olepi said:
    Totally hyped, can't wait to finally create my real character !
    I'm just hoping I can get my character made and leveled up to pick a faction and join my Company before my wife drags me out the door :smile:

What faction is the best?

Syndicate ofc.

Marauders are military communists/warmongers....

Covenant are religious wacko/zealots/nutjobs.....

Syndicate a secretive organization of boundless guile and intellect in search of forbidden knowledge to usher in a new age of enlightenment.

:D

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Asm0deus said:
    olepi said:
    I'm just hoping I can get my character made and leveled up to pick a faction and join my Company before my wife drags me out the door :smile:

Trying to figure out where you got the "communist" part from...
    Yeah that was a weird comment. You actually need to do some thinking to decide between communism and capitalism. This typically goes right over the head of Marauders.
    :)
    [Deleted User]Asm0deusTokken
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• lonesollonesol Member UncommonPosts: 60
    Tokken said:
    Classic mistake!
    you should talk to the people who took that off for diablo 2 r, all for it to be unplayable, with roll backs and it not working 
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Okay so I watched a fair amount of videos and decided to buy this game. I got somewhat of a 'The Secret World' vibe from the game, both from how the lore is developed and game mechanics, which I liked. 

These days an MMO gotta offer a lot to keep my attention away from my long queue of single-player games. 
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,389
    edited September 2021
    Asm0deus said:
    olepi said:

Trying to figure out where you got the "communist" part from...

The post was meant to be funny is all, its not gospel thus the smiley at the end!
    [Deleted User]

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• DjijinDjijin Member UncommonPosts: 108
    Absolute zero hype. But I'll lurk and see how it goes.
  • RelampagoRelampago Member UncommonPosts: 445
    I’m just looking forward to having something to consistently log into each day.  Maybe get bored after a few months, but the 28th can’t get here fast enough!
    I was really hoping Crowfall would stick, it had some core game mechanics i like better but since everyone will be playing this i will happy play this with my friends.