Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What are your most anticipated upcoming games (late 2021/2022)?

AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
Mine are:

Guild Wars 2 End of Dragons
CANTHAAAAA

Gotham Knights
I can't wait to play a fully-fledged Nightwing Arkham experience.

God of War Ragnarok
God of War 2018 was one of my favorite games of all time.

Triangle Strategy
Strategy RPGs are one of my favorite genres, and the demo for this one was great.

Midnight Suns
Though I'm really on the fence about it with its card mechanics.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    edited September 2021
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    edited September 2021
    At the moment just Elden Ring. I'm even thinking of taking time off for that.

If the remake of knights of the old republic gets released then that is definitely there.

can't remember any others though there was some sort of giger inspired game that I thought was going to be releasing soon.

edit: and apparently it's this though I'm somewhat doubting it will ever come out as no news is good news right? RIGHT!?!?!?!

Post edited by Sovrath on
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • eoloeeoloe Member RarePosts: 864
    Book of Travel is the one I am waiting for.

Not sure yet, if I want to invest time in New World.
    Sovrath
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
  • NephethNepheth Member RarePosts: 473
    Guild Wars 2 End of Dragons

Hogwarts Legacy

Battlefield 2042

Age of Empires 4

Lost Ark

Forza Horizon 5

Stalker 2

Starfield

Elden Ring

Halo Infinite

Ghostwire: Tokyo

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Remake

There are other games like Diablo 4, Avowed, Elder Scrolls 6 and Fable. But I don't think any of them coming in the next 2 years...
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Shin Megami Tensei V
    Elden Ring
    Zoria: Age of Shattering
    Gatewalkers
    Alaloth: Champions of the Four Kingdoms
    The Rift Breaker
    Realms Beyond: Ashes of the Fallen
    Darkest Dungeon 2
    Frozen Flame
    The Caligula Effect 2
    Triangle Strategy
    Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re-boot Camp

Its going to be a busy year next year  ;)

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• BrotherMaynardBrotherMaynard Member RarePosts: 567
    edited September 2021
    Hard to say, probably Falling Frontier.

• cameltosiscameltosis Member LegendaryPosts: 3,706
    Jurassic World Evolution 2

Pretty much the only game I'm waiting on. Whilst the first JWE was shallow as fuck in comparison to Frontier's other games, I love dinosaurs! There was nothing wrong with JWE either, there just wasn't much to it.

Frontier have promised a much improved second game, with much more complexity and depth, and more creativity available when designing your park. I doubt that I'll get what I want - I basically want Planet Zoo, but with dinosaurs - but I'm sure I'll still have a lot of fun!

If nothing else, it's a lot of fun to just jump in one of the gyrospheres and sit and watch a bunch of dinos wandering about, especially if ur a bit baked!

I am still desparate for a decent RPG to play, but it has been many years since anything has scratched that itch and I have nothing on my radar that seems like it would be fun to play. I'm not even sure if the sort of game I want even exists - a single player sandbox RPG with good tactical combat.
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    Homeworld 3
    Hogwarts Legacy
    Starfield
    Pikmin AR game
    My Time at Sandrock

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Stuff added to the ever growing Wishlist.  Thanks, guys!

Now, if only some of these would actually release.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    edited September 2021
    New World

Lost Ark

Away

Hogwarts Legacy

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• TruvidiennTruvidienn Member UncommonPosts: 320

Pretty much the only game I'm waiting on. Whilst the first JWE was shallow as fuck in comparison to Frontier's other games, I love dinosaurs! There was nothing wrong with JWE either, there just wasn't much to it.

Frontier have promised a much improved second game, with much more complexity and depth, and more creativity available when designing your park. I doubt that I'll get what I want - I basically want Planet Zoo, but with dinosaurs - but I'm sure I'll still have a lot of fun!

If nothing else, it's a lot of fun to just jump in one of the gyrospheres and sit and watch a bunch of dinos wandering about, especially if ur a bit baked!

I am still desparate for a decent RPG to play, but it has been many years since anything has scratched that itch and I have nothing on my radar that seems like it would be fun to play. I'm not even sure if the sort of game I want even exists - a single player sandbox RPG with good tactical combat.
    You should check out Prehistoric Kingdom then :)

Thanks for the heads up, that looks exactly like what I want! Added to wishlist
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Hrrm, probably play ESO through years end, so won't hit my usual number of 3 games per year.

:)

Ungood

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited September 2021
    GW2: End of Dragons

FFXIV: Endwalker

Shin Megami Tensei V

God of War: Ragnarok

Horizon Forbidden West

Metroid Dread

Pokemon Brilliant Diamond / Shining Pearl (i didn't play the originals on the DS)

Battlefield 2042

Stalker 2

Melty Blood: Type Lumina

Shadowrun trilogy (switch release, hopefully physical release)

• TruvidiennTruvidienn Member UncommonPosts: 320

Thanks for the heads up, that looks exactly like what I want! Added to wishlist
    Not a problem. My wife cannot wait to play it. We missed the early beta access so now she's gotta wait lol. 
  • AlexPhilipAlexPhilip Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    Elden Ring - I hope it does land in 2021, I just need new souls-like from Miyazaki in my life.

Nioh 2 - will ease the pain a lot till Elden Ring drops.

RE: Village looks very intriguing - so I'm interested in that.

Deathloop looks interesting and it's from Arkane - so it should be good I think (they consistently make solid games), but I'm struggling to understand what this game really is :)

Baldur's Gate 3 - I hope it gets final release this year.

Then there are 3 games that may be great or may flops: Vampire: The MasqueradeBloodlines 2, Dying Light 2 (these two seem to have real development hell) and Shadow Warrior 3 (loved first two games but trailer of the third didn't quite sold on me). So I have eye on these, but I'm very skeptical as there are some red flags.
    Sovrath
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    One that I'm particularly interested in (that I haven't seen mentioned here) is Grand Tactician: The Civil War (1861-1865).  I'm hoping it is evocative of the SPI monster game War Between the States -- politics, leaders and draft repercussions.  Plus the oft-overlooked naval campaigns of the American Civil War.   I'm hoping it will release in 2022, but 2023 might be a safer bet.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/654890/Grand_Tactician_The_Civil_War_18611865/

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    BG3.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    edited September 2021
    Mine are:

Anything that actually launches and is not in EA or a CF game released too early.
    MendelQuizzical
  • DjijinDjijin Member UncommonPosts: 108
    I'm more excited about a new, custom content expansion to an old, privately hosted mmorpg, than anything that is likely out by 2022. 

Long term? I still dream that indie mmos aren't dead. Hopefully Pantheon or any of those left still developing, still have a chance to release. The industry isn't healthy. We need variety injected.
  • SACerawSACeraw Newbie CommonPosts: 3
    where you can quickly update the new and most attractive games and especially it is completely free all games and applications: play store pro
    I said earlier in the thread that I was awaiting Jurassic World Evolution 2.

That's now released and I'm playing it. Some very odd design choices by Frontier. Still nowhere near the depth / complexity / creativity of Planet Coaster or Planet Zoo, but im still enjoying all the dinosaurs.

The addition of avieries and lagoons is cool, and there are a few more buildings available though it is still basic.

They have added some extra complexity in the form of scientists. In the first game, if you wanted to go on an expedition to get more fossils, you just needed to build an expedition centre and you're good. Now, you need to build the expedition centre and then send a specific scientist out. Scientists have massive wages and their own stats, adding a new level of micromanagement to the game whilst at the same time restricting what you can do - you now can't do an expedition, analyse fossils, incubate new dinos and do research all at the same time because you won't have the scientists available.

The modes are also kinda crap so far. "Campaign" was just an extended tutorial. "Chaos Theory" is supposed to put you in charge of the parks from the films, giving you an alternative reality where you get to do better than John Hammond. Sounds cool, but in reality the maps look nothing like the films so its basically just 5 random maps to build parks on.

Money management is more of a thing too. In the first game, once you had 4 or 5 species in your park, the money would just come flowing in and you'd never have to worry about it. Now, money is a lot tighter for longer, mostly due to increased wages and increased power costs. This means a single storm can destroy your park as you lose a lot of money during a storm and if you can't afford some key repairs (e.g. repair a power station) then you just go into a death spiral.
    ConstantineMerusUngood
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    One of my most anticipated upcoming products is the PMDG 737NG for MSFS

I think I’ve bought the damn thing 3 or 4 times. Worth every penny and I can’t wait to spend that again for a new platform.

In about another 2 years MSFS will be where I need it to be.
    Mendel

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee