Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2 - The Vindicator Elite Specialization Revealed | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited September 2021 in News & Features Discussion

imageGuild Wars 2 - The Vindicator Elite Specialization Revealed | MMORPG.com

Guild Wars 2 introduces the Vindicator, the newest elite specialization for the upcoming End of Dragons expansion.

Read the full story here

Comments

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited September 2021
    Time to undust my Revenant. These GS skills didn't look visually cool, but if they hurt then i'm in. EDIT: I was hoping to see a big AoE whirlwind (typical GS warrior skill in games) but with cloudy mists effects or something. Oh well.

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    Time to undust my Revenant. These GS skills didn't look visually cool, but if they hurt then i'm in. EDIT: I was hoping to see a big AoE whirlwind (typical GS warrior skill in games) but with cloudy mists effects or something. Oh well.
    Same here. I was excited for Revenant back in HoT because it was such a close thematic and visual match for my own main original character. Only to have it collect dust for having such boring elite specializations.

I'm a huge Factions guy, so the legends chosen are very appealing to me, and the animations look great. Now I just hope it doesn't pull a Willbender and disappoint me on the trait design.
    rojoArcueid
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    Leap into battle! Literally Tequatl will now look like a giant game of Frogger.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    This game feels so inaccessible to return to with all these changes. I tried it out not too long ago but just completely lost.
    velimiriusgastovski1
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • Rinswind89Rinswind89 Member UncommonPosts: 19

Viper482 said:

This game feels so inaccessible to return to with all these changes. I tried it out not too long ago but just completely lost.

You basically just play through all the living world seasons and campaigns. Just follow the main quests, basically leads itself. As you complete them, you unlock the mounts, zones and masteries etc. Not too hard honestly. If you are dedicated you then just complete achievements in story missions and zones to max out all your masteries.
    velimirius
  • ashiru_1978ashiru_1978 Member RarePosts: 818

Yahoo.com said:

dead game

I wouldn't call it "dead" per se, but it most certainly isn't thriving or very appealing. Personally, I can't get into it.

I don't like the watercolor palette style of the UI and some of the textures/graphics. I don't like the overall art style of different classes, the "industrialized" architecture and the playable races.

I could never get into the game and enjoy it, I have tried it on a few occasions and never spent more than 3-4 hours in it between 2011 and 2021.

On the other hand, I managed to get into Lord of the Rings Online and that game sucked me in deep - between February 2021 and September 2021, I have well over 850 hours on just one character and I'm still level 66 just entering Dunland.

LOTRO has so much going on in terms of content that I am barely scratching its surface half a year later when I never played the game before.
  • gelraengelraen Member UncommonPosts: 316

Yahoo.com said:

dead game

I don't play that often anymore, but it's hardly dead. Lately there seems to be more people playing that I've seen in several years. It's pretty thriving, I would say.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    gelraen said:

Yahoo.com said:

dead game

I don't play that often anymore, but it's hardly dead. Lately there seems to be more people playing that I've seen in several years. It's pretty thriving, I would say.
    It is indeed experiencing a large, hopefully not temporary upswing. There's been a mass exodus from WoW due to both ingame disappointment and the ActiBlizz situation. Most of those have gone to FF14 or ESO, but GW2 is also a beneficiary.