Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Remake is Real, Releasing on PS5 and PC | MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Spiider said:
    Wow, the lack of ideas is getting silly. I bet they will soon remake ET.

Gaming has been taken over by accountants long time ago.

I agree that gaming has been taken over by accountants long time ago. But old clunky af games like Kotor 1 are perfect for remakes, same as the Resident Evil 2 and 3 remakes, FF7 remake, etc. Now remastering effing Uncharted 4 is nonsense, that one only needed a framerate unlock and a port. I personally welcome remakes from mid 2000s and earlier. Nothing modern.
    Uncharted is not getting a remaster but a PS5 upgrade and PC port. Kinda exactly as you said it. All games are playable on PS5 because of the new backward comp ability but some are getting an upgrade. And some of these upgrades aren't free. Apparently a portion due to the licensing problems as in the Dev team is working with a new publisher or self publishing and a few believe they have just done a lot of work for it to be free. You can still play the Ps4 version on PS5 if you own it without paying for an upgrade though. 
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    Aori said:
    Shame they hired a writer who hates the Star Wars fandom, KOTOR to "modernize" the story.
    They are changing the story?  ugh
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003
    edited September 2021
    Aori said:
    Shame they hired a writer who hates the Star Wars fandom, KOTOR to "modernize" the story.

Can you link that so I can check that out?

Never mind, I found it.

Well, they say she's writing for it but not the only writer so perhaps calmer heads will prevail.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    I will be buying this for sure.
    Chamber of Chains
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    edited September 2021
    Sovrath said:
    Aori said:

Never mind, I found it.

Well, they say she's writing for it but not the only writer so perhaps calmer heads will prevail.
    Oh dear, why does a remake even need a writer?

One who describes herself as “A hammer for smashing the patriarchy.” It seems that we are already in a place where the original "script" of any great game that is more than five years old needs vetting to see it comes up to politically correct standards.

Looking over her work there seems nothing that is outstanding, I only skimmed over this but she seems to be more important as an auditor who gives a seal of approval than as a creative writer.
    SovrathConstantineMerus
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Never played this game, prob gonna get it for ps5

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    I also never played the original back in its day. I've tried a couple of times since then but the very dated clunkiness just got in my way.

Hope they do a thorough rework. I'll definitely keep an eye on this.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

Scot said:
    Sovrath said:
    Aori said:

Never mind, I found it.

One who describes herself as “A hammer for smashing the patriarchy.” It seems that we are already in a place where the original "script" of any great game that is more than five years old needs vetting to see it comes up to politically correct standards.

Looking over her work there seems nothing that is outstanding, I only skimmed over this but she seems to be more important as an auditor who gives a seal of approval than as a creative writer.
    Keep going woke, until you go broke. 

PS. When she says a hammer, she means a needle, right? Stay calm, it's just a joke. Sponsored by the Patriarchy Co. 

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
    edited September 2021
    Scot said:
    Sovrath said:
    Aori said:

Never mind, I found it.

PS. When she says a hammer, she means a needle, right? Stay calm, it's just a joke. Sponsored by the Patriarchy Co. 
    I don't think we should make fun of anyone who thinks they are doing the right thing, their heart is in the right place but they are just misguided. Any of us may think we are a force for good but that does not mean we are, signing up to one ideology or another does not give us a omniscient view of the world.
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    Spiider said:

I agree that gaming has been taken over by accountants long time ago. But old clunky af games like Kotor 1 are perfect for remakes, same as the Resident Evil 2 and 3 remakes, FF7 remake, etc. Now remastering effing Uncharted 4 is nonsense, that one only needed a framerate unlock and a port. I personally welcome remakes from mid 2000s and earlier. Nothing modern.
    Uncharted is not getting a remaster but a PS5 upgrade and PC port. Kinda exactly as you said it. All games are playable on PS5 because of the new backward comp ability but some are getting an upgrade. And some of these upgrades aren't free. Apparently a portion due to the licensing problems as in the Dev team is working with a new publisher or self publishing and a few believe they have just done a lot of work for it to be free. You can still play the Ps4 version on PS5 if you own it without paying for an upgrade though. 
    Really Uncharted is getting a PC port, OMG finally. I have wanted to play it for years but I cannot manage the controller. I tried that interface where you play it on the console but I could not play it well enough even to get past the fight in the boat because the controls were still bad. Here's hoping the KB and mouse on the PC port is better.

kitarad said:
    Spiider said:

Really Uncharted is getting a PC port, OMG finally. I have wanted to play it for years but I cannot manage the controller. I tried that interface where you play it on the console but I could not play it well enough even to get past the fight in the boat because the controls were still bad. Here's hoping the KB and mouse on the PC port is better.
    This looks like one for me as well, though I do note the rise of "new" games I am playing which are really "never out before on PC", but you don't look a gift horse in the mouth. :)
    Scot said:
    Scot said:
    Sovrath said:
    Aori said:

Never mind, I found it.

I don't think we should make fun of anyone who thinks they are doing the right thing, their heart is in the right place but they are just misguided. Any of us may think we are a force for good but that does not mean we are, signing up to one ideology or another does not give us a omniscient view of the world.
    I think we should make fun of everyone and everything. I don't believe anyone should be allowed to decide what can be made fun of and what not. You can not like a joke, you can find it offensive, you can attack it, trash it, criticize it all you want. But a self-claimed right of what joke is allowed or what not is plain tyranny. Prosecution of the libertine has always been the first sign of a tyrinical king. Censorship and auditing and editing the stories are all the common practices of tyrinical governments. Doesn't matter if this is a private business. Its hand is being forced by a group of tyrinical people. How do you think those tyrinical governments were formed in the first place? 

We all follow one ideology. And some ideologies are better than others. You might say I am forming my own from a mixture of few others. But there is a good chance that are you wrong, and if not, well you can name a new ideology after yourself then! :) 

I think it is better to say that one must learn about a broad range of ideologies before adopting one. But ideologies are also like religion and culture. So not everyone would go through that phase. Because doesn't matter where you are, you are never completely free to choose. There are limitations and consequences that will make people to choose otherwise. 

edited September 2021
    Scot said:
    Scot said:
    Sovrath said:
    Aori said:

Never mind, I found it.

I think we should make fun of everyone and everything. I don't believe anyone should be allowed to decide what can be made fun of and what not. You can not like a joke, you can find it offensive, you can attack it, trash it, criticize it all you want. But a self-claimed right of what joke is allowed or what not is plain tyranny. Prosecution of the libertine has always been the first sign of a tyrinical king. Censorship and auditing and editing the stories are all the common practices of tyrinical governments. Doesn't matter if this is a private business. Its hand is being forced by a group of tyrinical people. How do you think those tyrinical governments were formed in the first place? 

We all follow one ideology. And some ideologies are better than others. You might say I am forming my own from a mixture of few others. But there is a good chance that are you wrong, and if not, well you can name a new ideology after yourself then! :) 

I think it is better to say that one must learn about a broad range of ideologies before adopting one. But ideologies are also like religion and culture. So not everyone would go through that phase. Because doesn't matter where you are, you are never completely free to choose. There are limitations and consequences that will make people to choose otherwise. 
    My concern is that rather than being a joke between friends this becomes a war with everyone feeling they have to take sides, or indeed being told they have to. We see a lot of that on social media which I think of as quite tyrannical these days. I also think the best way to address this is to engage not take the micky, even though I too may think they need sending up.