Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

According to Twitter, Artcraft Entertainment is laying people off

13»

Comments

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,982
    edited September 2021
    Guy who doesn't play and was booted from his guild (for not playing)  and never got out of the tutorial is explaining the game to us.  Get's funnier every day around here.

Pretty sure Allein is APE, one of the more well known community members who has near infinitely more actual playing experience than you do.  But please do continue to explain it to those who play.

YashaX

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Kyleran said:
    Kyleran said:
    Anyhow, moving on from the non-playing defender who's been wrong in every post and last we heard hadn't gotten past the tutorial...

If you watched the last Livestream (we all know who DIDN'T.. lol)  Walton and Blair talked a TON about realizing they fucked up and are focused on 50 and under guilds and alliances but want to do it in a way that doesn't alienate the people who are part of zerg guilds that have been with them for years.  They know that the game backbone simply cannot support 500 person guilds allying other 500 person guilds.  

They SHOULD have know that a long time before launch... but it is what it is.

They are working on 50 man guild/alliance Dregs and also a lot more content for non-zergs.   Their mid-term plans are really exciting.  Rulesets with specific races only, Rulesets with certain classes or disciplines restricted.  Rulesets with unique disciplines that only exist in that campaign...   Really cool ideas.

Seems like Walton has pushed Coleman to the background and is tearing shit up and trying to rebuild.  But it's very hard to rebuild an airplane in flight...

But is it too late?  Will people give it another look? 

If the post a few above yours is correct there may not be enough devs left to make any significant changes at this point, or certainly not very quickly.

We don’t know, but word is that they have 60 left.  Down from 75.  
    If true that isn't a severe loss and plenty enough to make solid changes.

Now the trick is figuring where to go from here.
    More info coming in.  Could be beyond the 15:

So the guys who made the game were let go...

Considering how it turned out perhaps that was the right move.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• AlleinAllein Member RarePosts: 2,139
    Ungood said:
    Allein said:
    Ungood said:
    Since Slap is in a guild of 9 people, he has no idea what he is talking about regarding larger guilds, so don't waste your time listening to him.

I am in a large guild, and while my guild has been around for years, with no sign of going anywhere, the changes in Alliance size have forced them to cut all inactive players, and by inactive, they mean, anyone that didn't play this week, to make room for the Alliance Caps.

What this means, is that guilds are losing upwards to 20% or more of their total numbers, which, when you have a 500 person guild, that's 100 players, my guild alone had downgraded over 100 players, from Active to Standby, and while for many, if you were at least active in the discord, you would be able to jump back into the guild if you planned to become active again, but it still leaves a bitter taste for everyone that they were forced to take these measures, because of what amounts to, whiny little bitches in small guilds.

Ideally, they should have just found ways to make for more populated zones, again, they went through all the effort to make some custom engine just for large scale battels, they should be able to make that work for large scale battles.

I think a lot of their post launch changes will totally kill this game, and their changes are to placate people like Slap who is in a 9 person guild, and pushing away someone like myself that had a guild of 491 people at launch, with well over a dozen long term LOA players.

So anyone could tell you, trying to placate some small group of players at the expense of the larger one, is just stupid. You would think they would learn.. but.. nahh.

What guild or alliance are you in?

I'm sorry, what guild and alliance were you in again?

I'll ask my guild leader if they know of you.

Going to bet your guild has like 20 people or less, given what you just said.

Alright, well, to grasp this, a larger guild allows for this thing that very few seem to grasp, called coverage.

For someone that does not understand what coverage, is, that means, that they need more people to be playing the game then just the 3 hour window called prime-time, that you can play during.

I get that some people can't grasp this, but to put this in simple terms so that anyone can really get an understanding. When you log off for the night, someone else needs to keep up the defenses.

Now you can just go piss off and do whatever and leave that to some random others, that you don't know, nor do you have contact with, and that is often what small guilds do, because they don't have the numbers to have any worthwhile coverage, and then like all the other people on the losing team, when they log back in for their prime-time heroics, all their holdings have been taken, and held for quite some time.

That is because, that 500 player guild, during prime time, could only field 100 people at best, and you know what, your side put out 150, and despite great clashes and bravery on both sides, your team beat their asses for that 3 hour window.

When your side went to bed, your holdings were left to whoever the fuck happened to still be awake, while their next team was getting ready to fight, was given the rundown, told what happened, and now they field a fresh new 100 people, and your side now has 30 scranglers.  Which, vs 100 coherent organized guild members. Your side gets their asses beat, brutally.

That time zone ends, your side is now in serious off hours, and you have maybe 10 random people on their field, and that 500 guild, still fields 70ish fresh new faces, your side is now getting ram rodded.

This goes on, till all the prime time players log in and fight back against the 500 player guild, kicking their ass all over the map, crying about how easy they are.. and yet your side is loosing miserably.. because your coverage shit.

Did that explain things to you, or are you still confused about how larger smarter guilds work, vs your small to mid size guild that all plays at the same time ?

Because it's clear this idea is totally lost on someone like Slap, but maybe you, might know better, on how it works.

But then again, the fact that is seems so many people went into a throne war game with no fucking clue how they worked.. might be why Crowfall didn't do as well as it could have.

Coverage of what? Defense of what? POI that you stand in for a few seconds?

Siege is on timers. There's less players then things to fight over at any given time.

I'm not making any grand claims about my guild, alliance, numbers, knowledge of how to play such a game. Haven't seen guilds, especially larger, freaking out about the cap changes on the forums or discord, so was curious which guild you are in. Most of the established ones seem to be fine.

If a guild has 400/500 not able to show up during prime time, might need to work on who is in the guild and what they are contributing beyond doing mindless grunt work.

The game isn't that complicated. Nor does it involve anyone being "brutally" beat. One of the lowest skilled games I've played. Having multiple large guilds throwing numbers at everything seems to be seen as high tier strategy and skill.

Blaming players for the game not working out has to be a joke. Plenty of guilds have played seriously for years before launch. There is no shortage of tryhards. Games like this take more then that special crowd though and Crowfall failed to deliver something that enough players want to pick up regularly.

Having 10000 members in a guild/alliance win out over a guild of 20 isn't exactly some genius gameplay to be proud of. Sad that guilds are that weak they need to ride the coattails or on the backs of others. Even with the cap, a guild/alliance of 500 should be able to out perform a guild of 20 around the clock I'd hope? A bunch of disorganized scrub guilds shouldn't beat an organized larger force regardless of the time of day. If that is your guild's problem, sounds like a you issue.
    YashaXSlapshot1188
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    edited September 2021
    Guy who doesn't play and was booted from his guild (for not playing)  and never got out of the tutorial is explaining the game to us.  Get's funnier every day around here.
    Not sure who you are talking about, but you spouting this level of stupid nonsense is about par for the course.

Added: Oh yes, we already agreed that you have a sub-par reading level, so, I guess that does explain things.
    Slapshot1188
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

Allein said:
    Ungood said:
    Allein said:
    Ungood said:
    Since Slap is in a guild of 9 people, he has no idea what he is talking about regarding larger guilds, so don't waste your time listening to him.

I am in a large guild, and while my guild has been around for years, with no sign of going anywhere, the changes in Alliance size have forced them to cut all inactive players, and by inactive, they mean, anyone that didn't play this week, to make room for the Alliance Caps.

What this means, is that guilds are losing upwards to 20% or more of their total numbers, which, when you have a 500 person guild, that's 100 players, my guild alone had downgraded over 100 players, from Active to Standby, and while for many, if you were at least active in the discord, you would be able to jump back into the guild if you planned to become active again, but it still leaves a bitter taste for everyone that they were forced to take these measures, because of what amounts to, whiny little bitches in small guilds.

Ideally, they should have just found ways to make for more populated zones, again, they went through all the effort to make some custom engine just for large scale battels, they should be able to make that work for large scale battles.

I think a lot of their post launch changes will totally kill this game, and their changes are to placate people like Slap who is in a 9 person guild, and pushing away someone like myself that had a guild of 491 people at launch, with well over a dozen long term LOA players.

So anyone could tell you, trying to placate some small group of players at the expense of the larger one, is just stupid. You would think they would learn.. but.. nahh.

I'm sorry, what guild and alliance were you in again?

I'll ask my guild leader if they know of you.

Going to bet your guild has like 20 people or less, given what you just said.

Alright, well, to grasp this, a larger guild allows for this thing that very few seem to grasp, called coverage.

For someone that does not understand what coverage, is, that means, that they need more people to be playing the game then just the 3 hour window called prime-time, that you can play during.

I get that some people can't grasp this, but to put this in simple terms so that anyone can really get an understanding. When you log off for the night, someone else needs to keep up the defenses.

Now you can just go piss off and do whatever and leave that to some random others, that you don't know, nor do you have contact with, and that is often what small guilds do, because they don't have the numbers to have any worthwhile coverage, and then like all the other people on the losing team, when they log back in for their prime-time heroics, all their holdings have been taken, and held for quite some time.

That is because, that 500 player guild, during prime time, could only field 100 people at best, and you know what, your side put out 150, and despite great clashes and bravery on both sides, your team beat their asses for that 3 hour window.

When your side went to bed, your holdings were left to whoever the fuck happened to still be awake, while their next team was getting ready to fight, was given the rundown, told what happened, and now they field a fresh new 100 people, and your side now has 30 scranglers.  Which, vs 100 coherent organized guild members. Your side gets their asses beat, brutally.

That time zone ends, your side is now in serious off hours, and you have maybe 10 random people on their field, and that 500 guild, still fields 70ish fresh new faces, your side is now getting ram rodded.

This goes on, till all the prime time players log in and fight back against the 500 player guild, kicking their ass all over the map, crying about how easy they are.. and yet your side is loosing miserably.. because your coverage shit.

Did that explain things to you, or are you still confused about how larger smarter guilds work, vs your small to mid size guild that all plays at the same time ?

Because it's clear this idea is totally lost on someone like Slap, but maybe you, might know better, on how it works.

But then again, the fact that is seems so many people went into a throne war game with no fucking clue how they worked.. might be why Crowfall didn't do as well as it could have.

Coverage of what? Defense of what? POI that you stand in for a few seconds?

Siege is on timers. There's less players then things to fight over at any given time.

I'm not making any grand claims about my guild, alliance, numbers, knowledge of how to play such a game. Haven't seen guilds, especially larger, freaking out about the cap changes on the forums or discord, so was curious which guild you are in. Most of the established ones seem to be fine.

If a guild has 400/500 not able to show up during prime time, might need to work on who is in the guild and what they are contributing beyond doing mindless grunt work.

The game isn't that complicated. Nor does it involve anyone being "brutally" beat. One of the lowest skilled games I've played. Having multiple large guilds throwing numbers at everything seems to be seen as high tier strategy and skill.

Blaming players for the game not working out has to be a joke. Plenty of guilds have played seriously for years before launch. There is no shortage of tryhards. Games like this take more then that special crowd though and Crowfall failed to deliver something that enough players want to pick up regularly.

Having 10000 members in a guild/alliance win out over a guild of 20 isn't exactly some genius gameplay to be proud of. Sad that guilds are that weak they need to ride the coattails or on the backs of others. Even with the cap, a guild/alliance of 500 should be able to out perform a guild of 20 around the clock I'd hope? A bunch of disorganized scrub guilds shouldn't beat an organized larger force regardless of the time of day. If that is your guild's problem, sounds like a you issue.
    Everyone understands that except the guy who never got past the tutorial. Grunt #498 who was dropped like a hot potato.   They probably told him to stand in an outpost circle for 3 hours so he thought he was contributing.   I get tired of explaining  basic concepts so I stopped a while back.  But it does make for humorous forum threads.  

At the end of the day, layoffs suck.  And it’s always the “yaysayers” who do far more damage than any Harbinger ever could.

AlleinUngoodYashaX

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Slapshot1188 said:
    Everyone understands that except the guy who never got past the tutorial.
    Let me guess, the guy that never got past the tutorial was your other 8 guild mates.. LOL.
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

edited September 2021
    Ungood said:
    Slapshot1188 said:
    Let me guess, the guy that never got past the tutorial was your other 8 guild mates.. LOL.
    Your response to getting schooled on mechanics by Allein is to try and lamely make fun of MY guild.  Oke-doke….
    Ungood

Ungood said:
    Slapshot1188 said:
    Your response to getting schooled on mechanics by Allein is to try and lamely make fun of MY guild.  Oke-doke….
    No, my responses was to put you down after all your pitiful attempts to mock me. Do you like it.. You know.. the guy that can't get his guild of 9 people to play with him, must know everything about the game.. right.. LOL.

Ungood said:
    Ungood said:
    Slapshot1188 said:
    No, my responses was to put you down after all your pitiful attempts to mock me. Do you like it.. You know.. the guy that can't get his guild of 9 people to play with him, must know everything about the game.. right.. LOL.
    Keep ducking. I'll be quiet while you respond to Allein

Ungood said:
    Ungood said:
    Slapshot1188 said:
    You mean like your other 8 members of your guild when you ask them if they want to play Crowfall.. LOL.

Ungood said:
    Ungood said:
    Ungood said:
    Slapshot1188 said:
    You mean like your other 8 members of your guild when you ask them if they want to play Crowfall.. LOL.
    You do realize that if true that would simply put them in company with the vast majority of other people who quit including yourself.   But you keep wiggling, yet haven't responded to the actual education Allein gave you on mechanics.  Waiting.

Ungood said:
    Ungood said:
    Ungood said:
    Slapshot1188 said:
    You do realize that if true that would simply put them in company with the vast majority of other people who quit including yourself.   But you keep wiggling, yet haven't responded to the actual education Allein gave you on mechanics.  Waiting.
    Like you are waiting for your guild mates to ever join you in game.. LOL.

I can keep this up.. and I am having a blast.

Now make good with your promise, shut up and go away.

Literally posted in this very thread:

Ungood: I however, can admit my mistakes, with a tact and grace you will never posses.

Yet when Allein pointed out how utterly wrong you were, you not only didn't "admit it" but have shown the opposite of grace.  Feel free to read back.

UngoodYashaX

edited September 2021

Ungood: I however, can admit my mistakes, with a tact and grace you will never posses.

Yet when Allein pointed out how utterly wrong you were, you not only didn't "admit it" but have shown the opposite of grace.  Feel free to read back.

That requires I be wrong..  ;)

But sure, tell me more of how your guild of 9 people and maybe no active players, as you kept crying about how you will move off to New World, is mastering the game, and knows everything.

Ungood said:

But sure, tell me more of how your guild of 9 people and maybe no active players, as you kept crying about how you will move off to New World, is mastering the game, and knows everything.
    Still can't answer and try to deflect.  This isn't about "my guild" its about you being utterly wrong and called out on basic game mechanics. Again.

At least every single person can see it.  Bookmarking this and the other thread for future reference.
    YashaX

Ungood said:

Still can't answer and try to deflect.  This isn't about "my guild" its about you being utterly wrong and called out on basic game mechanics. Again.

At least every single person can see it.  Bookmarking this and the other thread for future reference.
    Keep trying.. keep crying.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,952
    Can I just ask posters to keep calm and carry on posting, I don't think I have to name who you are. ;)
    Mendel
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    Allein said:
    Ungood said:
    Allein said:
    Ungood said:
    Ungood said:
    Bet those people aren’t even playing anymore.
    Weren't you getting all hot and bothered with New World anyway.

Also, a Developer should have a vision and a demographic they want to attract, be damned what anyone else says, especially not the whiners.
    Give it up.  You were wrong about every single argument regarding this game.  If they had started listening back in beta instead of listening to folks like you saying “all is well” maybe the changes they have made since launch would have been made before launch and they wouldn’t have hemorrhaged players and be laying people off.

Instead they launched a game version that maybe 2-3k people want to play worldwide.  

Launching a game where you can have 500 player guilds but only 250 players can even fit in a zone?  Fucking dumb.  Allowing those 500 player guilds to ally up?  Even dumber.   You have to work within the constraints of the game engine.  If they can only support 250 in a zone, that is what the caps should have been built around.  That’s simple common sense for most people.   Instead they listen to fools that wanted 2000 player Zerg alliances… and this is the result: A dying population and a company laying off team members.

The results speak for themselves so please don’t even try and respond.

and yet.. it's the post launch changes that are driving away the larger guilds, which, like, is about the dumbest fucking move anyone could make, I mean, LOL, what kind of game company does things to make some tiny 9 person guild happy at the expense of a 500 player guild. 

While that Seems dumb as all hell, that is what they are doing.

Personally, I think they should have focused more to increase the zone cap of players, after all they made their own engine supposedly just for large scale combat and wars, and allowing larger alliances to flourish, IE: Make More Players Happy.

But as opposed to making it fun for more players to engage, they have done... well, whatever the fuck you think was a good idea, but you know, making stupid moves that make your kind of player happy, well time will tell if that was the right move.

My guild has already lost more than ten times the number of players then your guild ever had.
    Which changes are driving away the larger guilds and which guilds?

I see the majority of large guilds still around, most of which have been around in some form for years.

With a game so small at this point, I don't understand the need of 500 player guilds or mega alliances. Especially with a zone cap of 250.

I strongly suspect that he is not an active player in any such guild and most of his back and forth is just because he wants to "win" an argument with Slapshot. 

On the point of zerg guilds leading the direction of a game's development, my experience playing other rvr games suggests that this is a bad idea. They usually seem to push for mechanics that overwhelming benefit "ball group" play styles, which ends up driving people away from the game.

Slapshot1188Ungood
    YashaX said:
    Allein said:
    Ungood said:
    Allein said:
    Ungood said:
    Ungood said:

Also, a Developer should have a vision and a demographic they want to attract, be damned what anyone else says, especially not the whiners.
    Give it up.  You were wrong about every single argument regarding this game.  If they had started listening back in beta instead of listening to folks like you saying “all is well” maybe the changes they have made since launch would have been made before launch and they wouldn’t have hemorrhaged players and be laying people off.

Instead they launched a game version that maybe 2-3k people want to play worldwide.  

Launching a game where you can have 500 player guilds but only 250 players can even fit in a zone?  Fucking dumb.  Allowing those 500 player guilds to ally up?  Even dumber.   You have to work within the constraints of the game engine.  If they can only support 250 in a zone, that is what the caps should have been built around.  That’s simple common sense for most people.   Instead they listen to fools that wanted 2000 player Zerg alliances… and this is the result: A dying population and a company laying off team members.

and yet.. it's the post launch changes that are driving away the larger guilds, which, like, is about the dumbest fucking move anyone could make, I mean, LOL, what kind of game company does things to make some tiny 9 person guild happy at the expense of a 500 player guild. 

Personally, I think they should have focused more to increase the zone cap of players, after all they made their own engine supposedly just for large scale combat and wars, and allowing larger alliances to flourish, IE: Make More Players Happy.

But as opposed to making it fun for more players to engage, they have done... well, whatever the fuck you think was a good idea, but you know, making stupid moves that make your kind of player happy, well time will tell if that was the right move.

My guild has already lost more than ten times the number of players then your guild ever had.

I see the majority of large guilds still around, most of which have been around in some form for years.

With a game so small at this point, I don't understand the need of 500 player guilds or mega alliances. Especially with a zone cap of 250.

I strongly suspect that he is not an active player in any such guild and most of his back and forth is just because he wants to "win" an argument with Slapshot. 

On the point of zerg guilds leading the direction of a game's development, my experience playing other rvr games suggests that this is a bad idea. They usually seem to push for mechanics that overwhelming benefit "ball group" play styles, which ends up driving people away from the game.

Winner winner, chicken dinner

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,952
    YashaX said:
    Allein said:
    Ungood said:
    Allein said:
    Ungood said:
    Ungood said:

You are going to have to buy your own chicken dinner, but in my experience zergs are the least satisfying kind of large scale PvP. That sort of play can make even faction versus faction get boring.
    Slapshot1188
    YashaX said:
    Allein said:
    Ungood said:
    Allein said:
    Ungood said:
    Ungood said:

You would be wrong. Thanks for the Assumption.