Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Lord of the Rings Online's Next Expansion Is Called Fate Of Gundabad, Coming Fall 2021 | MMORPG.

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited September 2021 in News & Features Discussion

imageThe Lord of the Rings Online's Next Expansion Is Called Fate Of Gundabad, Coming Fall 2021 | MMORPG.com

The Lord of the Rings Online is having a day. In addition to its latest class and Legendary Item revamp being playable on the public test server, the team at Standing Stone Games have unveiled the official name of the long-awaited expansion set in Gundabad. Fate of Gundabad, as it's being called, will launch in Fall 2021 according to the developer today on Twitter.

Read the full story here

Comments

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,898
    Everything post Mordor has been understandably anti climactic. I think it would have been more interesting to go to Khand, Rhun and Harad and beyond. But I guess that would require too much new art.
    Scotborghive49ircaddicts
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,823
    edited September 2021

Everything post Mordor has been understandably anti climactic. I think it would have been more interesting to go to Khand, Rhun and Harad and beyond. But I guess that would require too much new art.

There are plenty of areas where they have never visited and have "something going on" which would use the same art SW Eriador springs to mind.
  • ashiru_1978ashiru_1978 Member RarePosts: 818
    I recently started playing LOTRO and am only level 66 with a Blue Guardian so I have a lot more before I reach that expansion, but I'm excited and happy that the game is getting more new content.

I'm kind of hoping that the new expansion Fate of Gundabad actually increases the level cap to 140. I really enjoy when an MMORPG has a lot of levels. xD
  • Greymantle_12Greymantle_12 Member UncommonPosts: 12
    What they need is an interface overhaul to make it easier to use and more visually appealing. I would also like to see them flesh out Mirkwood and to the east of it.
    SovrathScotScott_JeslisValdheim
  • JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,959

What they need is an interface overhaul to make it easier to use and more visually appealing. I would also like to see them flesh out Mirkwood and to the east of it.

You can use interface mods though. At least you used to. I guess popularity for this game has faded a lot and some of the most popular interface overhaul mods are no longer supported. :-/
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,324
    From Gondor expanstions to Gundaband has been pretty much copy paste in quest layouts and barter system, sooooo boring.
    borghive49Scorchien
  • borghive49borghive49 Member RarePosts: 493
    The new LI revamp looks horrid. 
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937

How so?
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    Scot said:

There are plenty of areas where they have never visited and have "something going on" which would use the same art SW Eriador springs to mind.
    I actually have no idea what's going on there.  But I do know there's lots of creative potential east of Mordor where the two blue wizards were sent.
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Gundabad , the Dwarves and lore associated with are worn out already .. Plz make it stop ..

Such a repetitive terrible ride the LOTRO community must endure anymore , the lack of imagination and creativity from Daybreak  is terrible , there most creative content comes in ways to worm there way into the communities wallets ..
  • AbimorAbimor Member RarePosts: 872

I honestly like it I think it is going to give better flexibility and more choices and I think it makes more sense to have fewer in the system.
    Abimor said:

I honestly like it I think it is going to give better flexibility and more choices and I think it makes more sense to have fewer in the system.

Does it get rid of the idea of deconstructing "other" legendary items? He asked expecting the answer to be no. :(

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Sovrath said:
    Abimor said:

Does it get rid of the idea of deconstructing "other" legendary items? He asked expecting the answer to be no. :(
    i messed with it for about three hours and the way it works you get your first weapon after 50 just like before but you dont have to ever deconstruct. Every time   you level go to the forge master reforge it and it levels with you there are ways to get other ones but the days of leveling 8 at a time like I'm doing now are gone. it also lets you pick what you want to put on it your self with in reason instead of having to get lucky and do all the shenanigans you have to do now. For example I was able to put   surety of death on my spear without having to hope I got it or get it on a weapon level said weapon and deconstruct that weapon to put it on the one im using. I paid the in game currency and there were four or five levels of it for different currency costs.

For me it makes more sense I never understood how there were so many legendary weapons out in the world and being able to put something on that you want or makes your preferred gameplay loop better. I do not know all the ins and outs yet but so far and I know they could change it at any point i think it is a much better system.     
    SovrathUngood
    Abimor said:
    Sovrath said:
    Abimor said:

i messed with it for about three hours and the way it works you get your first weapon after 50 just like before but you dont have to ever deconstruct. Every time   you level go to the forge master reforge it and it levels with you there are ways to get other ones but the days of leveling 8 at a time like I'm doing now are gone. it also lets you pick what you want to put on it your self with in reason instead of having to get lucky and do all the shenanigans you have to do now. For example I was able to put   surety of death on my spear without having to hope I got it or get it on a weapon level said weapon and deconstruct that weapon to put it on the one im using. I paid the in game currency and there were four or five levels of it for different currency costs.

For me it makes more sense I never understood how there were so many legendary weapons out in the world and being able to put something on that you want or makes your preferred gameplay loop better. I do not know all the ins and outs yet but so far and I know they could change it at any point i think it is a much better system.     

Thanks for your answer!

Abimor said:
    Sovrath said:
    Abimor said:

So how long will the grind be and do you think they will provide shortcuts to the grind in the shop again?
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Abimor said:
    Sovrath said:
    Abimor said:

So how long will the grind be and do you think they will provide shortcuts to the grind in the shop again?

There is NO doubt that anything connected to the new Weapon system will be directly attached to there P2W systems ..
    Abimor said:
    Sovrath said:
    Abimor said:

so it levels with you so the grind I guess is to the cap. How you get the different currencies to buy the traits for it I do not know that answer my guess is it will be just like anything else you do quests or missions for a faction to get their specific token which I am fine by.
    Scorchien said:
    Abimor said:
    Sovrath said:
    Abimor said:

There is NO doubt that anything connected to the new Weapon system will be directly attached to there P2W systems ..
    I understand your point of view about the shop I have a capped champion and I never spent points on his legendary but I was tempted. I really do not care if its in the store or not. Weather the current system is tilted towards the store you can decide if you feel that was on purpose or not. I buy every expansion and have a lifetime and a sub account so they get their money out of me just the same. I really hope they make players who have spent a ton of work on their current weapons whole somehow  I am going to embrace the new system and give it a fair chance. Hopefully with this revamp come a better business model that they have in the works.
    is anyone else having this stupid captcha thing eating their posts? 
    Ungood
  • NeoyoshiNeoyoshi Member RarePosts: 1,071
    Have they talked about the engine update at all? Wasn't a graphics overhaul in the works for this game?

Fishing on Gilgamesh since 2013
  • BaitnessBaitness Member UncommonPosts: 675
    Well I bet on the wrong horse.

With the new LOTR MMO coming, I did not bother to reinstall and claim all the free stuff LOTRO was giving away. Now it is the only LOTR MMO and I feel silly.

Well it was the only LOTR MMO before, too, but you know.
    FrodoFragins

Baitness said:

With the new LOTR MMO coming, I did not bother to reinstall and claim all the free stuff LOTRO was giving away. Now it is the only LOTR MMO and I feel silly.

That stinks right now they are selling all the big expansions moria Mordor for example in a package for I think 60 bucks. They have also added some killer benefits for subscribers at the Bree boar fountain like being able to sell reforge and access storage out in the wild plus a crafting speed boost whiche is killer
    Baitness said:

You made a bet on a game that was years out from even being in beta let alone being finished?

Well, I suppose that was a lesson! :o