Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

According to Twitter, Artcraft Entertainment is laying people off

Comments

• UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    Allein said:
    Ungood said:
    Ungood said:
    Bet those people aren’t even playing anymore.
    Weren't you getting all hot and bothered with New World anyway.

Also, a Developer should have a vision and a demographic they want to attract, be damned what anyone else says, especially not the whiners.
    Give it up.  You were wrong about every single argument regarding this game.  If they had started listening back in beta instead of listening to folks like you saying “all is well” maybe the changes they have made since launch would have been made before launch and they wouldn’t have hemorrhaged players and be laying people off.

Instead they launched a game version that maybe 2-3k people want to play worldwide.  

Launching a game where you can have 500 player guilds but only 250 players can even fit in a zone?  Fucking dumb.  Allowing those 500 player guilds to ally up?  Even dumber.   You have to work within the constraints of the game engine.  If they can only support 250 in a zone, that is what the caps should have been built around.  That’s simple common sense for most people.   Instead they listen to fools that wanted 2000 player Zerg alliances… and this is the result: A dying population and a company laying off team members.

The results speak for themselves so please don’t even try and respond.

and yet.. it's the post launch changes that are driving away the larger guilds, which, like, is about the dumbest fucking move anyone could make, I mean, LOL, what kind of game company does things to make some tiny 9 person guild happy at the expense of a 500 player guild. 

While that Seems dumb as all hell, that is what they are doing.

Personally, I think they should have focused more to increase the zone cap of players, after all they made their own engine supposedly just for large scale combat and wars, and allowing larger alliances to flourish, IE: Make More Players Happy.

But as opposed to making it fun for more players to engage, they have done... well, whatever the fuck you think was a good idea, but you know, making stupid moves that make your kind of player happy, well time will tell if that was the right move.

My guild has already lost more than ten times the number of players then your guild ever had.
    Which changes are driving away the larger guilds and which guilds?

I see the majority of large guilds still around, most of which have been around in some form for years.

Since Slap is in a guild of 9 people, he has no idea what he is talking about regarding larger guilds, so don't waste your time listening to him.

I am in a large guild, and while my guild has been around for years, with no sign of going anywhere, the changes in Alliance size have forced them to cut all inactive players, and by inactive, they mean, anyone that didn't play this week, to make room for the Alliance Caps.

What this means, is that guilds are losing upwards to 20% or more of their total numbers, which, when you have a 500 person guild, that's 100 players, my guild alone had downgraded over 100 players, from Active to Standby, and while for many, if you were at least active in the discord, you would be able to jump back into the guild if you planned to become active again, but it still leaves a bitter taste for everyone that they were forced to take these measures, because of what amounts to, whiny little bitches in small guilds.

Ideally, they should have just found ways to make for more populated zones, again, they went through all the effort to make some custom engine just for large scale battels, they should be able to make that work for large scale battles.

I think a lot of their post launch changes will totally kill this game, and their changes are to placate people like Slap who is in a 9 person guild, and pushing away someone like myself that had a guild of 491 people at launch, with well over a dozen long term LOA players.

So anyone could tell you, trying to placate some small group of players at the expense of the larger one, is just stupid. You would think they would learn.. but.. nahh.

Slapshot1188YashaX
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    Ungood said:
    Scorchien said:
    Ungood said:

Also, a Developer should have a vision and a demographic they want to attract, be damned what anyone else says, especially not the whiners.
    Give it up.  You were wrong about every single argument regarding this game.  If they had started listening back in beta instead of listening to folks like you saying “all is well” maybe the changes they have made since launch would have been made before launch and they wouldn’t have hemorrhaged players and be laying people off.

Instead they launched a game version that maybe 2-3k people want to play worldwide.  

Launching a game where you can have 500 player guilds but only 250 players can even fit in a zone?  Fucking dumb.  Allowing those 500 player guilds to ally up?  Even dumber.   You have to work within the constraints of the game engine.  If they can only support 250 in a zone, that is what the caps should have been built around.  That’s simple common sense for most people.   Instead they listen to fools that wanted 2000 player Zerg alliances… and this is the result: A dying population and a company laying off team members.

there is really something to be said for a person that knows when they were wrong and can just stand up and admit .." I really had this wrong"

Then we have a few people in regards to Crowfall who were so adamant and loud voices of great it  was and will be ..

The fact they spend there time skirting around with weak excuses one after another says alot about a lack of character..

Crowfall was bad / is bad and will continue to bad to the /.end

There is nothing wrong with being wrong

there is alot wrong with being sooo wrong and not having the moral fiber to admit after some people were Hyping Crowfall so loudly  and insulting the communtiy here that dared not agree with the them at the same time ..  .. Even in the face of actual facts and data .
    Agreed. Even above you have a guy refusing to see the obvious.  “They should have focused more to increase the zone cap”.  Geeez.  It’s like no clue that they literally DOUBLED the zone cap over the last year.  They brought in Unity to help.  It was their main focus.   He’s suck in a stupid “my guild is bigger than your guild” mentality.

Again, the proof is clear as day for all to see:  They fucked up the launch of the game, which others here defended.   You can’t launch a game with a 250 player zone cap and have 500 player guilds and 2000 player alliances.  Now as a result they are laying off employees.

You mean like you, who are still crying about being called out for giving false info.. yah.. I have to agree there is really something to be said for a person that knows when they were wrong and can just stand up and admit
    Sure. I quoted a number that was missing 110 people worldwide.  In an MMORPG.  LOL.  What a pathetic argument.  Everything I said was right, and everything I said would happen, is happening.  You have been wrong every time you post.
    YashaX

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Ungood said:
    Allein said:
    Ungood said:
    Ungood said:

and yet.. it's the post launch changes that are driving away the larger guilds, which, like, is about the dumbest fucking move anyone could make, I mean, LOL, what kind of game company does things to make some tiny 9 person guild happy at the expense of a 500 player guild. 

Personally, I think they should have focused more to increase the zone cap of players, after all they made their own engine supposedly just for large scale combat and wars, and allowing larger alliances to flourish, IE: Make More Players Happy.

But as opposed to making it fun for more players to engage, they have done... well, whatever the fuck you think was a good idea, but you know, making stupid moves that make your kind of player happy, well time will tell if that was the right move.

My guild has already lost more than ten times the number of players then your guild ever had.

I see the majority of large guilds still around, most of which have been around in some form for years.

Since Slap is in a guild of 9 people, he has no idea what he is talking about regarding larger guilds, so don't waste your time listening to him.

I am in a large guild, and while my guild has been around for years, with no sign of going anywhere, the changes in Alliance size have forced them to cut all inactive players, and by inactive, they mean, anyone that didn't play this week, to make room for the Alliance Caps.

What this means, is that guilds are losing upwards to 20% or more of their total numbers, which, when you have a 500 person guild, that's 100 players, my guild alone had downgraded over 100 players, from Active to Standby, and while for many, if you were at least active in the discord, you would be able to jump back into the guild if you planned to become active again, but it still leaves a bitter taste for everyone that they were forced to take these measures, because of what amounts to, whiny little bitches in small guilds.

Ideally, they should have just found ways to make for more populated zones, again, they went through all the effort to make some custom engine just for large scale battels, they should be able to make that work for large scale battles.

I think a lot of their post launch changes will totally kill this game, and their changes are to placate people like Slap who is in a 9 person guild, and pushing away someone like myself that had a guild of 491 people at launch, with well over a dozen long term LOA players.

So anyone could tell you, trying to placate some small group of players at the expense of the larger one, is just stupid. You would think they would learn.. but.. nahh.

Pretty much everything this guy just posted is bullshit but Allein as I know you play (or did), I also know you know that.  He hasn't convinced anyone since he started this trash in beta, and every time he posts more of a disconnect is revealed.  Last we heard he still hadn't even completed the tutorial because of... reasons.  You know it's all bullshit too.

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Ungood said:
    You mean like you, who are still crying about being called out for giving false info.. yah.. I have to agree there is really something to be said for a person that knows when they were wrong and can just stand up and admit
    Sure. I quoted a number that was missing 110 people worldwide.  In an MMORPG.  LOL.  What a pathetic argument.  Everything I said was right, and everything I said would happen, is happening.  You have been wrong every time you post.
    If by the game will die by being made in a way that will make you happier, because you gushed about all the post launch changes, that only served to drive away more players.

Anyway, to coin a Phrase: there is really something to be said for a person that knows when they were wrong and can just stand up and admit .." I really had this wrong"

Which we can all see, you will never do.

I however, can admit my mistakes, with a tact and grace you will never posses.

Ungood said:
    Samhael said:
    I think Ungood is confusing Champions Online with City of Heroes.
    Ah yes, my bad.

Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

Anyhow, moving on from the non-playing defender who's been wrong in every post and last we heard hadn't gotten past the tutorial...

If you watched the last Livestream (we all know who DIDN'T.. lol)  Walton and Blair talked a TON about realizing they fucked up and are focused on 50 and under guilds and alliances but want to do it in a way that doesn't alienate the people who are part of zerg guilds that have been with them for years.  They know that the game backbone simply cannot support 500 person guilds allying other 500 person guilds.  

They SHOULD have know that a long time before launch... but it is what it is.

They are working on 50 man guild/alliance Dregs and also a lot more content for non-zergs.   Their mid-term plans are really exciting.  Rulesets with specific races only, Rulesets with certain classes or disciplines restricted.  Rulesets with unique disciplines that only exist in that campaign...   Really cool ideas.

Seems like Walton has pushed Coleman to the background and is tearing shit up and trying to rebuild.  But it's very hard to rebuild an airplane in flight...

But is it too late?  Will people give it another look? 

YashaX

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,351
    Ungood said:

The fundamental problem is that if you have a battle between two sides and one side has twice as many people there as the other, the side with twice as many people is nearly always going to win.  The side with half as many people figures that out quickly and leaves, and things fall apart from there.  That's not fun for the people who had no chance, and it's not even fun for the winning side that soon enough faces only token opposition.

If you're trying to do guild versus guild with players logging on whenever they please, you're always going to have some sort of population imbalance.  You can change the rules with guild size caps and so forth to change the particular type of population imbalance, and players can argue that the solution is rule changes that favor their guild rather than disfavoring it, but that doesn't fix anything.  The fundamental problem with population imbalances is not one of how it affects your guild in particular.

For individuals, you can roughly fix the problem for short-term matches by having more than two sides and assigning each player to a side at random.  But that breaks up guilds so that you can't play alongside your friends.  It's also likely to fail longer term, as people who see that their side is losing on one particular world may well abandon that world in favor of another where they can win.

Maybe they could do something analogous with guilds.  Track how much each guild has tended to contribute in the past as the "size" of the guild.  This would not just be the number of players; long-time inactives should contribute nothing to the "size" of the guild, while someone who plays 10 hours per day might count ten times as much as someone who only plays an hour per day.

For a new world that is about to launch, require guilds to sign up before the world starts.  The only players eligible to play in that world are those who were on the guild roster before the world started, so that players can't flood into guilds on the winning side and unbalance the population that way.  Don't let guilds choose their alliances, but pick them in a random manner that leaves all alliances with about the same total size.

That would allow people to be in whatever guilds they want and play alongside their guildies.  It would make the alliances roughly evenly matched at the start, while making it hard for people to all go join the winning side once they can see who is winning.  And it would accommodate all sizes and play styles of guilds, without imposing artificial caps that favor large guilds over small, hard-core players over casual, or any other such preference.
    YashaX
    Anyhow, moving on from the non-playing defender who's been wrong in every post and last we heard hadn't gotten past the tutorial...

Nice way admit you got owned.. again.. as always. 
    Slapshot1188YashaX

Quizzical said:
    Ungood said:

The fundamental problem is that if you have a battle between two sides and one side has twice as many people there as the other, the side with twice as many people is nearly always going to win.  The side with half as many people figures that out quickly and leaves, and things fall apart from there.  That's not fun for the people who had no chance, and it's not even fun for the winning side that soon enough faces only token opposition.

If you're trying to do guild versus guild with players logging on whenever they please, you're always going to have some sort of population imbalance.  You can change the rules with guild size caps and so forth to change the particular type of population imbalance, and players can argue that the solution is rule changes that favor their guild rather than disfavoring it, but that doesn't fix anything.  The fundamental problem with population imbalances is not one of how it affects your guild in particular.

For individuals, you can roughly fix the problem for short-term matches by having more than two sides and assigning each player to a side at random.  But that breaks up guilds so that you can't play alongside your friends.  It's also likely to fail longer term, as people who see that their side is losing on one particular world may well abandon that world in favor of another where they can win.

Maybe they could do something analogous with guilds.  Track how much each guild has tended to contribute in the past as the "size" of the guild.  This would not just be the number of players; long-time inactives should contribute nothing to the "size" of the guild, while someone who plays 10 hours per day might count ten times as much as someone who only plays an hour per day.

For a new world that is about to launch, require guilds to sign up before the world starts.  The only players eligible to play in that world are those who were on the guild roster before the world started, so that players can't flood into guilds on the winning side and unbalance the population that way.  Don't let guilds choose their alliances, but pick them in a random manner that leaves all alliances with about the same total size.

That would allow people to be in whatever guilds they want and play alongside their guildies.  It would make the alliances roughly evenly matched at the start, while making it hard for people to all go join the winning side once they can see who is winning.  And it would accommodate all sizes and play styles of guilds, without imposing artificial caps that favor large guilds over small, hard-core players over casual, or any other such preference.
    Some interesting ideas there but it still doesn't address the fundamental engine issue.  If you have a hard population cap of 250 in a zone due to the games backbone.. having 500 player guilds doesn't make sense, nor does allowing those guilds to ally other guilds (even if it's automated to balance).  It might actually make things worse as now you have 2 sides of 2000 players trying to log in to a zone with a 250 player cap to defend/attack that keep.

I think all solutions have to start with the 250 player zone limitation. It's simply not a winning game loop to have people logging in hours in advance to blob a zone and prevent the "attackers" from being able to come and attack the keep.

Quizzical said:
    Ungood said:

It's WAS throne war game.

That means, it's really was only for the people that wanted to play a Throne War game, which, no dis to you, but I cannot believe I need to explain this yet again. Throne War games are games of Numbers and Coverage, they are not games of where every little piddley player gets to feel important and special. There will be winners and losers, in these battles, and most people are just grunts, cogs in a larger system.

The balance in Throne War games, as far as PvP goes, exists in Zone Population Caps, Meaning ideally that each Team should have a cap on how many they can field at any given time, regardless if they have 50, 500, or 5000 members, there is a limit on how many players each "side" can field into a single zone. This is why guilds want more numbers, not because they can field a fuckton of players during a 2 hour window like some small minded buddy guilds might think the world works, but to have more members to cover more time zones, so they can keep a constant number of players on the field.

Since it was marketed as a Throne War game, that is why it very quickly had many large guilds form, because they knew that was the nature of the game and what a Throne war game was about, and wanted that direct unique experience.

Now, some changes have been made, and what it is now.. well, I am not sure, basically they are trying to re-invent the game, post launch, which, while I am not sure how it will end, I am pretty sure that it will alienate the players that were looking for a Throne War game, and realizing that this is not going to be it, as that demographic of players don't need yet another game that was going to try and be this all in wonder where every little munchkin that feels that the game should cater to their playstyle, gets a trophy.

The hard question now, is will their effort to attract those players that were looking for.. well fuck if I know what those players were looking for at this point to be honest, so, I have no idea what demographic these changes will attract really, and I am gonna bet, neither does Artcraft at this point anymore, but the real question remains, will it attract those players.

Well.. I personally think it Would be great if it does, I wish them nothing but the best, no matter what changes they make going forward.

Truth be told, now might be the best time to just call it done, launched, rest that laurel, and move on to making that BR like they wanted to, before the whiners shouted that idea down as well.

Just my feels.

and no.. I don't normally watch the podcasts, dev blogs, streamers, or whatever the fuck, I play games to have fun, and my game time is spent, ideally and for the most part, playing games.
    BruceYee

• BlackboaBlackboa Member UncommonPosts: 167
    Do you guys think it is morally wrong for them to continue to sell packs for their game considering they haven't said a word about the layoffs?

A potential buyer should have access to this information when making an informed decision to buy their game.
    Blackboa said:
    Do you guys think it is morally wrong for them to continue to sell packs for their game considering they haven't said a word about the layoffs?

A potential buyer should have access to this information when making an informed decision to buy their game.
    As long as they do not plan to shut down then no... I do not believe it's morally wrong to sell packs for the game.  When I login to say Sears... they do not have a splash screen that says "We laid of 2000 people this week".

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    Blackboa said:

No. It's a launched game. Devs of launched games do not need to give you content updates and they do not need to warn you that they aren't doing any.

edited September 2021
    Ungood said:
    Quizzical said:

It's WAS throne war game.

That means, it's really was only for the people that wanted to play a Throne War game, which, no dis to you, but I cannot believe I need to explain this yet again. Throne War games are games of Numbers and Coverage, they are not games of where every little piddley player gets to feel important and special. There will be winners and losers, in these battles, and most people are just grunts, cogs in a larger system.

The balance in Throne War games, as far as PvP goes, exists in Zone Population Caps, Meaning ideally that each Team should have a cap on how many they can field at any given time, regardless if they have 50, 500, or 5000 members, there is a limit on how many players each "side" can field into a single zone. This is why guilds want more numbers, not because they can field a fuckton of players during a 2 hour window like some small minded buddy guilds might think the world works, but to have more members to cover more time zones, so they can keep a constant number of players on the field.

Since it was marketed as a Throne War game, that is why it very quickly had many large guilds form, because they knew that was the nature of the game and what a Throne war game was about, and wanted that direct unique experience.

Now, some changes have been made, and what it is now.. well, I am not sure, basically they are trying to re-invent the game, post launch, which, while I am not sure how it will end, I am pretty sure that it will alienate the players that were looking for a Throne War game, and realizing that this is not going to be it, as that demographic of players don't need yet another game that was going to try and be this all in wonder where every little munchkin that feels that the game should cater to their playstyle, gets a trophy.

The hard question now, is will their effort to attract those players that were looking for.. well fuck if I know what those players were looking for at this point to be honest, so, I have no idea what demographic these changes will attract really, and I am gonna bet, neither does Artcraft at this point anymore, but the real question remains, will it attract those players.

Well.. I personally think it Would be great if it does, I wish them nothing but the best, no matter what changes they make going forward.

Truth be told, now might be the best time to just call it done, launched, rest that laurel, and move on to making that BR like they wanted to, before the whiners shouted that idea down as well.

Just my feels.

and no.. I don't normally watch the podcasts, dev blogs, streamers, or whatever the fuck, I play games to have fun, and my game time is spent, ideally and for the most part, playing games.
    Anyone playing the game knows just how wrong this is. At the end of the day it doesn't matter.

The game, as launched, failed.  It failed to attract the players needed to support it (per Coleman the target was 50k monthly subscribers).  They now realize that.  They should have realized it in beta when nobody played and nobody even wanted their free keys.  But it is what it is. Coleman has been pushed to the side and Walton is trying to correct the idiocy that came before. Insanity it is said, is repeating the same actions and expecting different results. At least it looks like they won't go down without a fight.

As said before, it is rare to get a second bite at the apple.  Lots of what they talk about mid-term is really exciting, but will people give it a second look?  I honestly do not know the answer to that.  My gut says it is too late, but we will see.  

PS-  The irony of someone cut from their own Zerg guild for inactivity complaining that others don’t understand a “Throne War” is just priceless. 
    Post edited by Slapshot1188 on
    YashaX

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

If you watched the last Livestream (we all know who DIDN'T.. lol)  Walton and Blair talked a TON about realizing they fucked up and are focused on 50 and under guilds and alliances but want to do it in a way that doesn't alienate the people who are part of zerg guilds that have been with them for years.  They know that the game backbone simply cannot support 500 person guilds allying other 500 person guilds.  

They are working on 50 man guild/alliance Dregs and also a lot more content for non-zergs.   Their mid-term plans are really exciting.  Rulesets with specific races only, Rulesets with certain classes or disciplines restricted.  Rulesets with unique disciplines that only exist in that campaign...   Really cool ideas.

Seems like Walton has pushed Coleman to the background and is tearing shit up and trying to rebuild.  But it's very hard to rebuild an airplane in flight...

If the post a few above yours is correct there may not be enough devs left to make any significant changes at this point, or certainly not very quickly.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    Ungood said:

I'm playing the game still and my guild still has a decent number of people on daily BUT there are a few things I've noticed in all that time I've spent in CF...

Whoever was/is in charge of their monetization needs to look outside and understand it's 2021 not 2001.. I thought because it was/is what I would've done they were going to improve monetization AFTER launch but still no signs of that happening... Might be the result of devs being in charge of everything rather than just development while publishers usually handle the money stuff but this is ____ tbh...

What's up with only two starter world servers now? seems like a bait and switch... Make it seem like for the first TWO MONTHS while the majority still had vip you could log into a server in your region mostly lag free but now stuck connecting to server half way around the world? When 50% of your initial purchase(sub) expired then they no longer care AFTER the window when you could still try to get a refund ended... That is REALLY shady even for a group of boomer hippies like them...

My first take on CF was that it was a scam and I'm hoping my initial gut feeling was/is wrong but it really seems like they either had no plan after launch because they thought they'd be rolling in cash or _____ cause they didn't have a plan B or just used crowdfund money to fund their lives for a few years...

I get that they are catering to the most volatile type of MMO players which is the full loot pvp crowd and probably live in constant fear of being DDoS like Albion so they can't do 'certain' things that would piss people off but is their game closing a better option?

Not gonna comment much on their gameplay loop because I think it's fine but needs certain things added that I'm not sure they are able to do. MANY simple changes could be made but it doesn't seem like anyone over there is even thinking about improvements...

My original opinion of the game that still stands for me is that the PVE aspects are the best parts of the game. The PVP is a second job. Forced PVP for rewards that mean nothing to the average player.

My biggest gripe with ACE is that they don't seem to recognize the best parts of their own game. There are many changes they can do because they are good with instances and they should use that ONE thing they know how to do to make money instead of just putting their ugly ass mounts on sale like anyone even cares about those.
    Ungood
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    Well what was said above raises the prospect it could be worse than the normal layoffs, but even if it is we will get a Crowfall Unleashed or whatever down the line, that's gaming these days.
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    Most games requiring faction war need to strictly use a quota from launch of the game. This being a very unpopular method since people like to choose where they want to go should be implemented at the very conception of the game. You cannot fix population imbalances after it has happened because the losing side will not be able to attract more players and we are not talking about the rare guild wanting to play for the underdog faction.

Look at the PvP servers for WoW a perfect example of how people tend to go to the winning side and ultimately making it impossible for the losing side to play and hence abandoning the server altogether once server transfers were introduced. This wasn't done well and it brought about a very bad scenario but developers never learn when dealing with faction wars. They always think their game will be the exception.

This game had the added problem of having guilds that can hold more people that the actual battles. Of course this would lead to issues, it was obvious to any person with a brain.

So many bad decisions one after another.

To be very honest the mistake of 110 figure in an MMORPG isn't going to make or break a game. The fluctuation of people in any given hour  or even minutes could be that figure depending on the game.

Kyleran said:

If the post a few above yours is correct there may not be enough devs left to make any significant changes at this point, or certainly not very quickly.

We don’t know, but word is that they have 60 left.  Down from 75.  

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited September 2021
    Kyleran said:

If true that isn't a severe loss and plenty enough to make solid changes.

Now the trick is figuring where to go from here.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    edited September 2021
    Depends who those 15 are. If they are important to the game development and improvement going forward , the number they keep is irrelevant. You cannot make up quality with quantity.
    Scotcheyane

Kyleran said:
    Kyleran said:

If true that isn't a severe loss and plenty enough to make solid changes.

Now the trick is figuring where to go from here.
    More info coming in.  Could be beyond the 15:

• AlleinAllein Member RarePosts: 2,139
    Ungood said:
    Allein said:
    Ungood said:
    Ungood said:

What guild or alliance are you in?

With a game so small at this point, I don't understand the need of 500 player guilds or mega alliances. Especially with a zone cap of 250.

There's nothing stopping multiple alliances from working together or splitting active and casuals into sup guilds and alliances.

For years there was no alliance system during development and guilds managed to work together no problem be it dregs or faction campaigns.

The daily active population is so low that I don't see how this change is going to seriously hamper guilds or alliances beyond those that recruit any player to field bodies to zone lock or throw themselves at other teams.

Game is so low skill requirement that I guess reliance on numbers is a big deal.

YashaX
    Allein said:
    Ungood said:
    Allein said:
    Ungood said:
    Ungood said:

With a game so small at this point, I don't understand the need of 500 player guilds or mega alliances. Especially with a zone cap of 250.

There's nothing stopping multiple alliances from working together or splitting active and casuals into sup guilds and alliances.

For years there was no alliance system during development and guilds managed to work together no problem be it dregs or faction campaigns.

The daily active population is so low that I don't see how this change is going to seriously hamper guilds or alliances beyond those that recruit any player to field bodies to zone lock or throw themselves at other teams.

Game is so low skill requirement that I guess reliance on numbers is a big deal.

DING DING DING
    See, I knew you played the game... unlike others :)

PS-  The irony of someone cut from their own Zerg guild for inactivity complaining that others don’t understand a “Throne War” is just priceless. 
    Eh? How is this ironic? It was caused by the Alliance Size reduction, nothing else, so the guilds had to do what they had to do optimize.

I have nothing against my guild for doing what they needed to do with the new direction the game is getting sent into, but I feel that it is a Shit move by the devs to blindside their players by doing that to be honest.

Will it profit them, that remains to be seen.
    Slapshot1188YashaX

Allein said:
    Ungood said:

I'm sorry, what guild and alliance were you in again?

I'll ask my guild leader if they know of you.

Going to bet your guild has like 20 people or less, given what you just said.

Alright, well, to grasp this, a larger guild allows for this thing that very few seem to grasp, called coverage.

For someone that does not understand what coverage, is, that means, that they need more people to be playing the game then just the 3 hour window called prime-time, that you can play during.

I get that some people can't grasp this, but to put this in simple terms so that anyone can really get an understanding. When you log off for the night, someone else needs to keep up the defenses.

Now you can just go piss off and do whatever and leave that to some random others, that you don't know, nor do you have contact with, and that is often what small guilds do, because they don't have the numbers to have any worthwhile coverage, and then like all the other people on the losing team, when they log back in for their prime-time heroics, all their holdings have been taken, and held for quite some time.

That is because, that 500 player guild, during prime time, could only field 100 people at best, and you know what, your side put out 150, and despite great clashes and bravery on both sides, your team beat their asses for that 3 hour window.

When your side went to bed, your holdings were left to whoever the fuck happened to still be awake, while their next team was getting ready to fight, was given the rundown, told what happened, and now they field a fresh new 100 people, and your side now has 30 scranglers.  Which, vs 100 coherent organized guild members. Your side gets their asses beat, brutally.

That time zone ends, your side is now in serious off hours, and you have maybe 10 random people on their field, and that 500 guild, still fields 70ish fresh new faces, your side is now getting ram rodded.

This goes on, till all the prime time players log in and fight back against the 500 player guild, kicking their ass all over the map, crying about how easy they are.. and yet your side is loosing miserably.. because your coverage shit.

Did that explain things to you, or are you still confused about how larger smarter guilds work, vs your small to mid size guild that all plays at the same time ?

Because it's clear this idea is totally lost on someone like Slap, but maybe you, might know better, on how it works.

But then again, the fact that is seems so many people went into a throne war game with no fucking clue how they worked.. might be why Crowfall didn't do as well as it could have.

YashaX