Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Embers Adrift will start taking pre-orders again starting in October

KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
edited September 2021 in Embers Adrift

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Post edited by Kyleran on
[Deleted User]Tokken

Comments

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,551
    The real question is "what are we getting"?..... a half baked game or a game with potential.  Devs are expecting us to trust them and go ahead and pre-order??  I don't think so......  I need to see some game play and actually progress to make the leap into buying the game.
    Kyleran[Deleted User]Dhampir

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• Cybersig211Cybersig211 Member UncommonPosts: 173
    edited October 2022
    Its a half baked game, for sure.  With that said, as long as the farming and group dynamics are good who cares? 

Well, its got none of that.  Its low fantasy, and im betting it was to give excuse for a lack of features.  Classes are all melee, the group dynamics involve managing everyones stamina, flanking/behind/in front positioning....and thats about it.  

Combat itself is....basic...again falling back on low fantasy excuse.  Animations are your character was punching but is holding your weapon.  Missed opportunity making the chill EQ style combat a treat, instead, it legit looks like a high school project.  The few skills you do get are super low effort (big hit, bigger hit, class based and needs reagent)  Class based skill is a short ranged heal, a taunt, or another DPS skill (based on which of the 3 roles you picked).  You fight boring looking mobs, with boring skills, and ugly animations.

Community is super defensive and would be glad to see you leave, and will tell you this, even if asking typical new player questions.  There is a high level of "your stupid if you need a compass" "go back to wow if your asking where the mini map is" "you should have read and memorized that quest text" ect ect ect....Not the people you want to chill with for 4hrs farming a dungeon.

Honestly it just doesnt have the players to go long term, even if it was good, or at least a slight improvement on EQ1, however, its pretty much an across the line downgrade, save for the simple UI.

Over the weekend I made good progress, but in the end, it had a community that I found to be consistently unpleasant and rude to new players, mechanically and visually boring, that made me miss EQ far more than it gave me any EQ vibes...I legit deleted the game and will probably fire up Everquest....a very bad sign indeed.

*sorry for the necromancy

KyleranRenfail