Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No longer recruiting

2»

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    edited August 2021
    Wargfoot said:
    This is one area where I stray from my rather conservative leanings: I'm for banning people for being assholes, even if they technically don't break the in game rules.

If you can determine that a player is just there to break things, ban him.

I've a friend I don't game with anymore because he is constantly looking for ways to make other people's lives miserable, to find cheats/hacks/exploits, etc.  I absolutely hate opportunists and I wish more developers would exercise them from the game.

In fact, I'm for a master list of idiots so they can be pre-banned from games.

Or.. you know.. they could make a game that is not a buggy ass pile of shit that can be exploited.
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    tzervo said:
    Ungood said:
    Wargfoot said:
    This is one area where I stray from my rather conservative leanings: I'm for banning people for being assholes, even if they technically don't break the in game rules.

If you can determine that a player is just there to break things, ban him.

I've a friend I don't game with anymore because he is constantly looking for ways to make other people's lives miserable, to find cheats/hacks/exploits, etc.  I absolutely hate opportunists and I wish more developers would exercise them from the game.

In fact, I'm for a master list of idiots so they can be pre-banned from games.

Or.. you know.. they could make a game that is not a buggy ass pile of shit that can be exploited.

Let me guess... you're not a developer and don't have a clue about making even a simple program displaying "hello world" on a screen, right ? ;)

The latest project I'm working on and maintaining has "only" 78000 lines of code, that's nothing compared to the complexity of a MMORPG yet there's still client/server interactions involved too.
    And from working in the industry for over 35 years (I earned my first money from making software when I was 15...), I can tell you that bug free software does not exist.
    I am a developer and I agree with him, even though I probably find the language too harsh for the reasons you mentioned. The burden should not be on the players to decide what is an exploit and what is smart play, otherwise the lines get too blurry. If the devs consider something being an exploit they should patch it or at the very least communicate it via official channels, otherwise it's legal.

Plus my understanding is that most exploits found in the beta were design issues and not coding, weren't they?
    His point still stands. I am also a developer (about to graduate), and there's no such thing as a bug free software.

You might think you covered everything, then comes bobby presses a button where you never expected anyone to do it, and BAM error. It's impossible to account for all possibilities. With constant updates, hacking attempts, etc it's very challenging to produce a "bug-free" game.

Some might hide it better than others, but this is a constant battle.
    [Deleted User]KidRiskKyleranYashaX

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    klash2def said:
    Tiller said:
    Lets just face the fact that unless the OP elaborates, we can all assume it was a legit ban.

And wtf is woke anyways? People keep throwing that term around when they don't like the fact that they are held accountable for their lack of ethics and morals. Next we will hear bank robbers complaining that the bank tellers are too woke because they called the police on them lol.

Been saying this for years. That entire crowd just doesn't want to be held accountable for their shitty actions. 
    It’s everybody’s fault but theirs.
    [Deleted User]

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,952
    Llaoxiao said:
    In my opinion, New World is worth playing if you are able to deal with some bugs that occur and not the best mob spawns. Like there will be a quest to kill 3 mobs in a certain area and that mob might spawn every 10 minutes making some quests take really long. If you would have a problem with bugs like that then I recommend buying the game when it fully releases as the bugs will most likely be fixed. Now, If you don't really mind simple bugs like that then buy the game because trading, dueling, fighting, and just ranking up, in general, is really fun and very addicting.
    Welcome to the forums! :)
  • BallantinesBallantines Member UncommonPosts: 16
    We'll be trying this shit again in september open beta, please re-read OP, I've reverted it back to original.

Thank you, have a nice day
    In hell.
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    We'll be trying this shit again in september open beta, please re-read OP, I've reverted it back to original.

In hell.
    You renamed the title of this post, deleted the original content of the OP and replaced it with an advertisment for your guild. 

Thanks for alerting me to the type of people that this guild attracts.
    [Deleted User]IselinTokken
  • BallantinesBallantines Member UncommonPosts: 16
    YashaX said:

In hell.
    You renamed the title of this post, deleted the original content of the OP and replaced it with an advertisment for your guild. 

Thanks for alerting me to the type of people that this guild attracts.

You're welcome, have a nice day.
    In hell.
    tzervo said:

come on, I know the actual generation doesn't want to be held accountable for anything,
    Did you just make an assumption on my age? Hilarious, still bad form and should I say a bit immature though.  :)

Common sense always applies, re duping, it is still on the devs as much as on the players, still problematic and should be treated with care.

I intentionally didn't say "you" but "a player" to not involve you personally, and no, I didn't intend that comment for you but for players in general. Sorry if I wasn't clear enough.

And if you have ever read some reactions of cheaters to bans, you can only agree with me, right ? ;)

And about duping, which is a serious matter, a player can have two reactions:
    1) he notices the problem, maybe reproduces it once to be sure, and then messages the GMs or developers about it explaining how to reproduce it so it can be fixed.
    2) he notices the problem, abuses it to get insanely rich, and gets banned.
    DDO had a dupe bug in place, that they knew about for years.. years.

Well.. get this. After some legit players reported it, and noticed nothing was done, they reported it again a few months later, nothing was done, they mentioned it on the games forums, and got banned.

They then went and told everyone they knew how to do the dupe bug.

The game exploded.. like OMG, they nicknamed the event "The Dupaplooza" items that were once ultra hard to collect, now people had ten thousand of them... it was crazy, and hilarious at the same time.

Of course Turbine got mad, threated to respond to dupers with "Harsh consequences" 

This why I say.... maybe they should not have made a buggy ass game and fixed their shit.. 
    [Deleted User]
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

Just a one liner answer for a change...

"TWO WRONGS DON'T EVER  MAKE ONE RIGHT"
    The wrong here, was not abusing the bug, the wrong here was letting it exist for far longer than it ever should have, to the point that the players were forced to either accept that it is just a part of the game, or that the dev simply just don't care about it existing.