Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Embers Adrift Team Talking About Launch

KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,499
edited September 2021 in Embers Adrift
First! (Always wanted to do that.)

Article over on MOP clued me in, but the latest Embers Adrift Newsletter discusses their recent progress, hints at launching and claims to be fully funded.

Least we forget, this title was called Saga of Lucima who gave the heave-ho to a couple of their founders, dumped the lore created by them and promised to take the game in new directions.

https://forums.embersadrift.com/index.php?threads/state-of-the-game-august.1779/#post-10238

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

UngoodachesomaKumapon[Deleted User]

Comments

• UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    ..... anyone wanna bet Renfail was, shall we say, not being a team player with the new backers?
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    Launch?

Hmm..

I must go peek back in.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Still Alpha.  Expect an announcement in the not distant future.  I suspect it will involve a shift to a Beta and an opening of the store

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726
    "Our post-launch goal is to implement new zones, quests, monsters, and treasure every few months as part of the ongoing dev cycle at no additional cost beyond the subscription fee and we want to include the community in this ongoing development." 

Interesting.

Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,499
    Still Alpha.  Expect an announcement in the not distant future.  I suspect it will involve a shift to a Beta and an opening of the store

I'm thinking more of an "early access" launch with no more wipes regardless what they call it.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Galgano6Galgano6 Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    edited September 2021
    Thanks go out to a whole host of reviewers who embraced Chasing Embers and ... To Danie Ware and everyone at Forbidden Planet for arranging my launch.

feed.kroger.com
    Post edited by Galgano6 on
    Kyleran said:

I'm thinking more of an "early access" launch with no more wipes regardless what they call it.

Beta first.