Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starfield Drops Location Details in Latest YouTube Video Series | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited August 2021 in News & Features Discussion

imageStarfield Drops Location Details in Latest YouTube Video Series | MMORPG.com

We're all awaiting more details related to Starfield, the next, spacefaring RPG by Bethesda. Luckily a new series has just dropped on the official Bethesda Softworks channel showing of various locations, with developer commentary explaining why these locations are significant.

Read the full story here

Comments

• DattelisDattelis Member RarePosts: 1,456
    As excited as I am for this, it really is kind of sad (to me) seeing them announce yet another version of Skyrim. I understand that its a classic, but can we please move on?
    ScotFedaygin[Deleted User]McSleaz
  • foppoteefoppotee Member UncommonPosts: 508
    I have high hopes for Starfield. My only hesitation is how much will Bethesda microtransaction it in a bleeding-out "live service" type of way?
    barasawasortishMcSleaz
  • SolarstrikerSolarstriker Member UncommonPosts: 35
    I have no idea what this game is like, i want to see some gameplay. :D
    SovrathrojoArcueidbarasawaAlomarqomaFedayginstrawhat0981TacticalZombeh
  • AbimorAbimor Member RarePosts: 874
    The game is over a year away I really dont need to see drip fed stuff for 14 months. I am already excited for the game and know nothing I would like to keep it that way.
    Iselin[Deleted User]
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Abimor said:
    The game is over a year away I really dont need to see drip fed stuff for 14 months. I am already excited for the game and know nothing I would like to keep it that way.
    It's almost like AAA publishers are starting to emulate KS games with their trivial reveals to generate hype lol.
    Babuinix
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• EldrachEldrach Member RarePosts: 416
    From what they are showing us, this game is not 12-14 months away - at least 3 years away. They are showing us locations with concept art - that’s like watching a kickstarter
    barasawaAlomarSKurjFedayginMcSleaz
  • tremmortremmor Member UncommonPosts: 80
    edited August 2021
    To me most important thing is if they move to ANOTHER(different) engine
    McSleaz
  • lonesollonesol Member UncommonPosts: 60
    I am not excited about this at all, there are zero beth games that are good with out mods. This game will be locked to the Microsoft store, and you won't be able to modify the files like obse, or the Skyrim version. So that means a bad game with no customization locked to a highly infested drm Microsoft store.
    ScotFedayginAsm0deusAbimor
  • jungmtsjungmts Member UncommonPosts: 42

Eldrach said:

From what they are showing us, this game is not 12-14 months away - at least 3 years away. They are showing us locations with concept art - that’s like watching a kickstarter

Yeah, cyberpunk 2077 already had a playable demo one year before release. Doubt it will release november next year if the only thing they can show us is concept art.
    Babuinix
  • AbimorAbimor Member RarePosts: 874
    lonesol said:
    I am not excited about this at all, there are zero beth games that are good with out mods. This game will be locked to the Microsoft store, and you won't be able to modify the files like obse, or the Skyrim version. So that means a bad game with no customization locked to a highly infested drm Microsoft store.
    I understand what you are saying in general and agree to a point that mods make the game better but all three of Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim were good with out mods as I played them on console first I guess it is just a matter of opinion. Mods did increase the awesomeness for them all.    
    McSleaz
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,405
    Abimor said:
    lonesol said:
    I understand what you are saying in general and agree to a point that mods make the game better but all three of Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim were good with out mods as I played them on console first I guess it is just a matter of opinion. Mods did increase the awesomeness for them all.    

Yeah no, the only reason the skyrim games are so popular and have so much longevity is 100% because of player mods and that goes out the window with the MS crap store.

lonesol is quite correct in his statement.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• McSleazMcSleaz Member RarePosts: 280
    Are they going to use the same old buggy, ancient engine?
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003
    edited August 2021
    Asm0deus said:
    Abimor said:
    lonesol said:

Yeah no, the only reason the skyrim games are so popular and have so much longevity is 100% because of player mods and that goes out the window with the MS crap store.

I think that's bs.

I've played through most of the Bethesda Elder Scrolls games and while mods enhance the experience and DO add to longevity, they do not make or break the games.

And for the few friends of mine who play video games, none of them have ever used mods in any of the Elder Scrolls games they've played.

So let's not make blanket statements just because of your tastes. Might be true for you and Ionesol but that's just because it's true for both of you.
    Iselin[Deleted User]AbimorMorgenes83Asm0deusKidRisk[Deleted User]SavageHorizon
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    McSleaz said:
    Are they going to use the same old buggy, ancient engine?
    From what I'm to understand they've built a new one, or at least an updated one. 
    Asm0deus

edited August 2021
    Sovrath said:
    Asm0deus said:
    Abimor said:
    lonesol said:

I think that's bs.

I've played through most of the Bethesda Elder Scrolls games and while mods enhance the experience and DO add to longevity, they do not make or break the games.

And for the few friends of mine who play video games, none of them have ever used mods in any of the Elder Scrolls games they've played.

So let's not make blanket statements just because of your tastes. Might be true for you and Ionesol but that's just because it's true for both of you.

You obviously don't know what you are talking about.  Doesn't matter if a small rinky dink percentage of people like it as it is.

The majority will laugh at you if you say mods don't make or break this...LOL

The only BS you are smelling is the one you are spouting, mods making skyrim games what they are is practically a meme now.
    KidRisk

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
    jungmts said:

Eldrach said:

Yeah, cyberpunk 2077 already had a playable demo one year before release. Doubt it will release november next year if the only thing they can show us is concept art.

If you're talking about the press demo they showcased it wasn't the playable game, just a prototype of their intentions with a lot of baked stuff. If you looked at it funny it would break, like most builds in that stage of development.
    Asm0deus said:
    Sovrath said:
    Asm0deus said:
    Abimor said:
    lonesol said:

I think that's bs.

You obviously don't know what you are talking about.  Doesn't matter if a small rinky dink percentage of people like it as it is.

The only BS you are smelling is the one you are spouting, mods making skyrim games what they are is practically a meme now.

Majority? I'll only buy that when you show your charts and graphs proving the majority agree with that point.

Also, to "my" point, games like Oblivion and Skyrim came out for consoles without mods at first. Morrowind too now that I think about it. And I'm fairly certain they kept selling well and the players didn't throw down their controllers in a huff declaring the games awful and "not good."

Mods do grant them longevity or change the way they are played but that's a personal thing.

[Deleted User]mklinic

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Asm0deus said:
    Sovrath said:
    Asm0deus said:
    Abimor said:
    lonesol said:

I think that's bs.

Sounds like mods addiction to me where you enjoy mods more than games.

I've played Skyrim with and without mods. I'm playing the newer version on game pass currently without mods and it plays just fine.

Also lol at your "small rinky dink percentage" considering all the console players.
    AbimorAsm0deusSovrath
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

edited August 2021
    Sovrath said:
    ...snip...

Majority? I'll only buy that when you show your charts and graphs proving the majority agree with that point.

Also, to "my" point, games like Oblivion and Skyrim came out for consoles without mods at first. Morrowind too now that I think about it. And I'm fairly certain they kept selling well and the players didn't throw down their controllers in a huff declaring the games awful and "not good."

Mods do grant them longevity or change the way they are played but that's a personal thing.

Hows this you prove your point first with the charts and graphs showing that I am wrong.

It's funny how this works how some of you want us to "prove" our opinions, just cause you don't agree with it, yet we are suppose to take yours at face value...lol  where's the BS now?

Frankly I don't give shit about consoles I am speaking of PC. 

Not even sure why we are having this discussion as it's frankly pretty much a known fact at this point in the elder scroll series that the games truly shine in the mod department and as is are just kinda okay.

Most of them were very buggy thus all the tons of bug fix mods...lmao

Smells like console bruised ego talking on your part cause you know you know exactly how every single console player feels about the games they bought....

I played skyrim on console or tried to and it was a meh experience I will take the PC version with mods any day  and I am not the only one either.

My initial point is that the person I first quoted is entirely correct to think meh being M$ store only will mean a subpar modding experience and that just plain bad for everyone.

@Iselin ; yes rinky dink... even if all console players agreed with  sovrath that's like what..... under 10million easy when skyrim itself has sold like over 30million with most being on PC.
    Post edited by Asm0deus on

edited August 2021
    Asm0deus said:

Hows this you prove your point first with the charts and graphs showing that I am wrong.

It's funny how this works how some of you want us to "prove" our opinions, just cause you don't agree with it, yet we are suppose to take yours at face value...lol  where's the BS now?

Frankly I don't give shit about consoles I am speaking of PC. 

Not even sure why we are having this discussion as it's frankly pretty much a known fact at this point in the elder scroll series that the games truly shine in the mod department and as is are just kinda okay.

Most of them were very buggy thus all the tons of bug fix mods...lmao

Smells like console bruised ego talking on your part cause you know you know exactly how every single console player feels about the games they bought....

I played skyrim on console or tried to and it was a meh experience I will take the PC version with mods any day  and I am not the only one either.

My initial point is that the person I first quoted is entirely correct to think meh being M$ store only will mean a subpar modding experience and that just plain bad for everyone.

@Iselin ; yes rinky dink... even if all console players agreed with  sovrath that's like what..... under 10million easy when skyrim itself has sold like over 30million with most being on PC.

Well, let's take one article:

indicates that Oblivion was the fastest selling xbox title. It doesn't become the fastest selling xbox title if it sucks.

Even Todd Howard said that the Elder Scrolls games sell well on consoles and that console lead sales over pc though the pc versions with mods help longevity. An earlier article claimed that Skyrim's sales had 14% of those sales on pc.

Now, you don't care about consoles? who cares! The games are the games regardless of platform as far as how they play.

What you are saying is so subjective that it's ridiculous.

Mods change the way these play and yes there's a group that fixes bugs the could have been fixed by the developers but the games sell because they are good games first.

That Elder scrolls games are fine without mods is subjective. And so is your opinion which you can't back up as fact. Because it's opinion.

And as long as there are sites like nexus that carry mods and as long as Bethesda allows for mods to be installed from other sites than it's own, modding will be fine.

[Deleted User]

• RungarRungar Member RarePosts: 1,132
    nice ripoff of the original star wars poster.
    .05 of a second to midnight
    Asm0deus said:

ORLY?

"It had an impressive launch and sold 3.4 million physical copies in the first 48 hours of its release — of that were 59 percent for Xbox 360, 27 percent for PlayStation 3, and 14 percent for Microsoft Windows."

https://www.kotaku.com.au/2011/11/skyrim-sales-estimated-at-3-4-million-in-two-days/

So you want to show me how on the way from 3.4 million to 30 million those percentages changed from 14% to "most being on PC"

I'll wait for your linked data :)
    SovrathAsm0deus[Deleted User]

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

edited August 2021
    Iselin said:
    Asm0deus said:

ORLY?

"It had an impressive launch and sold 3.4 million physical copies in the first 48 hours of its release — of that were 59 percent for Xbox 360, 27 percent for PlayStation 3, and 14 percent for Microsoft Windows."

https://www.kotaku.com.au/2011/11/skyrim-sales-estimated-at-3-4-million-in-two-days/

So you want to show me how on the way from 3.4 million to 30 million those percentages changed from 14% to "most being on PC"

I'll wait for your linked data :)
    Look deeper your data is old, its data from 2011 launch of ps3, xbox and pc....lmao

Post edited by Asm0deus on
    Iselin

Additionally, Valve stated that it was the fastest selling game to date on their Steam platform.[125] Steam's statistics page showed the client breaking a five million user record by having 5,012,468 users logged in on January 2, 2012. The total number of sold copies on the PC platform is difficult to confirm because Valve does not publicly publish digital sales...snip... In November 2016, Howard announced that Skyrim had sold over 30 million copies.