Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for new PC game

MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786
I have not been playing MMOs much lately and have been hitting up some of the great games out there.  Recently played:
Pillars of Eternity 2
The Outer Worlds 
Yakuza like a dragon 

All 3 are really enjoyable.  I have also been playing some:
City Skylines 
Elite Dangerous 
I also beat the Master Chief collection 

I am looking for another newer AAA type game that is top tier.  I like many different types of games.  I know there are a lot of good indie titles out there and I have played a lot of them.  In general I find them lacking.  

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

Comments

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    How about the recent Assassin's creed Valhalla game?

Also the new Resident Evil Village looks really good (on my list to buy) as well as Returnal.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786
    I was looking at AC, but I gave up on that series after the 3rd one.  Also I heard they added cash shop time savers and grind after the review cycle.  

Never played the RE series as I don’t like horror.  

Never heard of returnal.  I will look into it.

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

Returnal is PS5 only it looks like.  I don’t have one.  I would like one but not paying scalpers and throwing time at get one.  

--John Ruskin

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    I would recommend Assassin's Creed Odyssey as I found it very good. 

And The Shattered:

And Mortal Shell while we're at it:

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    I think I will pick Odyssey up.  How are the controls with K&B.  

--John Ruskin

• RungarRungar Member RarePosts: 1,132
    Valheim if you haven't played it already. I consider it triple A top tier. Not everyone does though. Its certainly not finished. 
    .05 of a second to midnight
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Have been liking Nier Replicant. Will probably bite the bullet soon and pick up Mass Effect Legendary Edition. Either I'm desperate or since the pandemic there's been a few games to pick up for full price. A lot of people seem to have been liking Resident Evil Village.....but I think more for the modding.....
  • SabbythSabbyth Member UncommonPosts: 52
    Recently I've been playing

No Man's Sky
    Deep Rock Galactic
    Subnautica: Below Zero
    Final Fantasy XIV (Trying it out for a good friend, still undecided)

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad."
    — Shigeru Miyamoto
    I played a bunch of deep rock galactic when it came out.  The new FF ai did not like.  I have had No Mans Sky on my radar for a bit but it seems like it would scratch the same itch as Elite Dangerous.

--John Ruskin

• mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626
    Kinda embarrassing to admit.. but I'm absolutely enjoying the hell out of a game called My Time at Portia. It has a surprising amount of depth, and is becoming one of my favorite RPGs. 
    Sovrathkitarad
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    edited May 2021
    I've been playing Greedfall lately. It's one of the included games in the MS Game Pass for PC and I'm really enjoying it.

It's a very story heavy RPG but the combat is also quite decent (playing as a mage) and it has a simple but interesting crafting component.

I have no idea why I waited so long to play it because it's quite good if you like good stories in your game, and I do.
    Kyleran
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    How about Bio-Mutant which is coming out on May 25th?

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    edited August 2021
    Age of Wonders
    Alien Isolation
    Batman (any really)
    Bioshock
    Control
    Hitman

Necrobot, but still a good thread for ideas.
  • OscarBrowneOscarBrowne Newbie CommonPosts: 11
    You should try Valorant, It is like CS:GO but with additional abilities to your character.
  • AkustaAkusta Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    Monster Hunter Rise has made me stay indoor all weekends.  You should really try it. Hitman 3, Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart and  Mario Golf Super Rush are also amaizing
    [Deleted User]
  • AcorniaAcornia Member UncommonPosts: 275
    I am not sure if you will like it.  Try playing the New World open beta at the end of the month and see if you like it.

There are many videos of the last closed beta test, with one there having some three hours of first time playing it footage.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    Akusta said:
    Monster Hunter Rise has made me stay indoor all weekends.  You should really try it. Hitman 3, Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart and  Mario Golf Super Rush are also amaizing
    Welcome to the forums! :)
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Akusta said:
    We could use more serious Monster Hunter fans around here, it gets lonely being on my, presumably, own. Welcome!

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    [Deleted User]
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

edited August 2021
    As for the topic:

Control
    Death Stranding
    The Division 2
    Assassins Creed: Odessey
    Psychonauts 2
    Doom Eternal
    Monster Hunter World
    Outriders

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    lahnmir said:
    Akusta said:
    We could use more serious Monster Hunter fans around here, it gets lonely being on my, presumably, own. Welcome!

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Cant help you, too busy playing ESO, only the 2nd game of the year for me and very likely to carry thru to next year.

I'll put MHO on my backlog of games to one day play, think it will be in slot number 474 or so.

Good thing I plan to live another thousand years.

;)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

edited August 2021
    tzervo said:
    lahnmir said:
    Akusta said:
    Not alone. o/
    Kyleran said:
    Cant help you, too busy playing ESO, only the 2nd game of the year for me and very likely to carry thru to next year.

I'll put MHO on my backlog of games to one day play, think it will be in slot number 474 or so.
    If you like solo/small group boss fights, you should bring it forward many spots, no MMO can beat MHW's hunts imo. :)
    There is nothing like Monster Hunter. Not Dauntless, Toukiden, God Eater, Soul Sacrifice etc. etc. Nothing matches the cheer depth of this series. It took me one entire game in the franchise to truly master Hammer with focus on aerial charged attacks. Picked up Longsword afterwards but its charging through combo’s felt way too rigid. In Rise I picked up Bow. Damn, that is fun too. Monster Hunters’ enemies are an absolute masterclass in design and animation too.

I could keep gushing, I won’t  ;)

Ohh, and Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate is better then Monster Hunter World, but not as good as Monster Hunter Rise.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    [Deleted User]

• jitter77jitter77 Member UncommonPosts: 512
    I have tried multiple times to get into monster hunter i just can't do it.   The combat just feels so clunky to me
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    jitter77 said:
    I have tried multiple times to get into monster hunter i just can't do it.   The combat just feels so clunky to me
    As compared to what other game specifically?

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• lonesollonesol Member UncommonPosts: 60
    edited August 2021
    MMOman101 said:
    I played a bunch of deep rock galactic when it came out.  The new FF ai did not like.  I have had No Mans Sky on my radar for a bit but it seems like it would scratch the same itch as Elite Dangerous.
    Noman and elite are nothing at all like each other, and don't scratch any of the same itches. Elites only good feature is it's space ship combat, nms space ship combat is less complex and not even really a focus of the game. Noman sky is more like ark in space. Elite is a space truck simulator with combat. About the only thing you could say was similar is they are in space, and use procedural generation. 

The closest game to nms would be star bound, which use to be better but they stopped updating it. Nms is by far the best survival game.

You can dig up ruins, board monster infested ships, tame animals, build huge bases, have fleets, build submarines, randomized missions, random npc asking for help, random traders, learn different dialects, dig up bones, have living ships, and most importantly you can mod the game how you want it. It also has a way better story line, and main quest. 

Vs elite you fly around, trade, mine, astroids, run missions, or space fight, which you can do all that in nms though elite space combat is more complex, I don't know if I would say better. But you can't mod it, they lied about that on their early access. 

Which elite is more like X4, or 3, which is way better at doing what elite tries to do. Minus that space ship combat which elite does great at, though the needless 700 hour grind to get to space ship combat is wasteful if you ask me. If elite just focused on space ship combat battles the game would be 1000 times more popular and better. 

ScotAsm0deus
This discussion has been closed.