Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Book of Travels

ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
 Back this quite a while ago , been a really coming along nicely , Very enjoyable even at this early stage ..

Very relaxing and immersive  gameplay  .. Looking forward to more updates..

[Deleted User]SovrathTokkenAsheram[Deleted User]Nanfoodle

Comments

• cameltosiscameltosis Member LegendaryPosts: 3,706
    I've enjoyed reading about this game over on MOP, the artwork looks great and I think they've got a neat idea with that game. It's not for me, but i really hope it succeeds.

I also love the "tiny multiplayer online". They get it, TMO is exactly what the game is and it seems to have enough humour that the various journalists covering the game are picking up on it, rather than insisting on calling it an mmo (which it isn't).
    [Deleted User]
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    This looks like a breath of fresh air. It appears relaxing.
    [Deleted User]

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    edited December 2020

[Deleted User]Nanfoodle
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Asheram said:

yea saw that last nite .. No hurry .. they can take there time .. Got lots of games to play :)
    Asheram[Deleted User]
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Asheram said:

I am just at the char creator and the RP in me wants to know more. I immediately added this to my wish list. 
    Asheram
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    edited August 2021
    On mine, not sure about the gameplay but the art and ideas were intriguing, waiting for reviews, got an overall strong thumbs up from Steam Curators but that's a very small sample of players obviously.
    Asheram[Deleted User]
    tzervo said:
    Scot said:
    ... not sure about the gameplay ...
    Apart from the videos by the studio, this is a nice summary of the info so far:

Book of Travels is re-imagining the MMORPG (What is Book of Travels?) - YouTube

It is a good "no bs" sum-up (if you skip past the trailer) that may help get a clearer vision of the game's structure. It does not have more info per se, but summarizing everything efficiently helps imo.
    I play these types of games with my wife. Saddened me to find out running into another player would be a rare event. Last game that sounded like this was No Mans Sky and it turned out running into another player was never lol. Oh well. 
    tzervo said:
    Nanfoodle said:
    I play these types of games with my wife. Saddened me to find out running into another player would be a rare event. Last game that sounded like this was No Mans Sky and it turned out running into another player was never lol. Oh well. 
    I remember them saying that you can group up with friends if you want to, will try to find the video snippet. You should be able to play with your family. The "rare meetups" are supposed to be with randos.

EDIT: Book of Travels - TMOing - Steam News (steampowered.com) (section "Can we play with friends?")
    Nice, thanks for doing the leg work on that one =-)
    [Deleted User]