Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CP 2077

MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786
I was thinking about picking this up since I finally got a new video card.  I was wondering if I could hear from people who are playing it now with the current build.  

Is the game worth getting yet?  It appears the AI may still be seriously lacking.  Is that the case.

my system has a 3080ti and a 5800x.  I would think that would be enough to run the game.  

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

Comments

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    I haven't played with 1.3 (updating right now actually) but I've played it through to the end 3 times since release.

I have a 2700 super and 3700x and play @ 1400p with RTX on and DLSS quality and have had no problems at all. You should be more than fine with your GPU and CPU.

As far as mob AI goes, there is nothing particularly bad about it. There's nothing in my 100s of hours of play that made me think "this AI is great" or "this AI sucks."
    [Deleted User]Asheram
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    The A.I. npcs walking in the open world did suck, you would fire a weapon and they would all literally vanish in thin air. Plus alot of areas had exactly identical npc's all next to each other.

Just logged in it looks like they fixed that as when I fired weapon they didnt vanish this time but reacted by turning and running, some crouching and saying stuff. Dont know when it was fixed but kudos to CDPR for fixing that.

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    edited August 2021
    I would play it if you find it interesting. I have a 3800X and RTX 3090. I play on medium settings at 4k with DLSS off. I think DLSS is just a way to trick yourself into thinking your playing at 60fps. It's a bit jerky in actual gameplay and tends to brighten the scene too much.

For gameplay. Your first playthrough will be enjoyable and take about 20~30 hours. If you try to 100% the game, then you will realize the shortcomings of the game and notice the bugs. Difficulty is like most RPGs. The hardest is difficult at first, but once your at max level all the enemies are a joke.