Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 2 Remastered

ultimateduckultimateduck Member EpicPosts: 1,269
Am I a bad person because I hope that whatever is going on with Blizzard doesn't effect the release of Diablo 2 Remastered? I've been waiting for what feels like decades for this and think we've all (ok, mostly me) waited long enough... and now I see deadlines pushed back because of all the issues going on. I can only imagine this is one of the last thing on their agenda to kick out on time.

Anyone have the skinny on this staying on target?
Dattelis

Comments

• DattelisDattelis Member RarePosts: 1,458
    edited July 2021
    Am I a bad person because I hope that whatever is going on with Blizzard doesn't effect the release of Diablo 2 Remastered? I've been waiting for what feels like decades for this and think we've all (ok, mostly me) waited long enough... and now I see deadlines pushed back because of all the issues going on. I can only imagine this is one of the last thing on their agenda to kick out on time.

Anyone have the skinny on this staying on target?

I'm still planning to play Resurrected as well. I dont think its bad to support it since I think the allegations are mostly focused on the Blizzard side of things (someone can correct me if I'm wrong)? And this is being done by the group who did the Tony Hawk Remaster, which I think is on the Activision side. Of course they really are just one company and nothing is good about what has gone on, but honestly, I feel like lawyers and courts will pass judgment fairly on this in the end. You shouldn't feel guilty because you want to have fun supporting something that helps that in my opinion.
    ultimateduck
  • HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    I have a feeling the mainstream push behind the Blizzard hate will be settling soo. As the movement co-opters have moved in.
    ultimateduckGorwe
  • immoralthangimmoralthang Member RarePosts: 300
    edited July 2021
    I would be a fat liar if I said I wasn’t interested as hell (pun intended) in playing Diablo 2 or D4 still.

Vicarious Visions is an amazing studio. I don’t blame you for wanting the D2 remaster to release in September.
    ultimateduck
  • GorweGorwe Member Posts: 1,428
    I simply don't care as long as they deliver products I like(=I profit). And honestly I am looking forward to D2:R so much.

Don't feel ashamed. Like what and who you like. And let's hope it won't influence it in any way.
    ultimateduck
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Have played this quite a bit , Act 1 and II , Mostly , in the past months ..

its really well done remaster and fun .. Gonna do quite well , and will be on time
    ultimateduck
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    D2 was really fun until one day someone devised a cheat that ruined the game, at least for me......The cheat was a loot collector, that as soon as Diablo died it looted every drop in a milisecond......The loot was literally completely gone before it even hit the ground.....About that time gear started showing up on Ebay for hundreds to thousands of dollars......That was the end of D2 for me.
  • ultimateduckultimateduck Member EpicPosts: 1,269
    Scorchien said:
    Have played this quite a bit , Act 1 and II , Mostly , in the past months ..

its really well done remaster and fun .. Gonna do quite well , and will be on time
    Damn you... and awesome!

D2 was really fun until one day someone devised a cheat that ruined the game, at least for me......The cheat was a loot collector, that as soon as Diablo died it looted every drop in a milisecond......The loot was literally completely gone before it even hit the ground.....About that time gear started showing up on Ebay for hundreds to thousands of dollars......That was the end of D2 for me.
    So, even if the cheat was removed, the game is ruined? I doubt that cheat still exists.
  • TruvidiennTruvidienn Member UncommonPosts: 320
    I cannot wait for D2R. Bring it on
    ultimateduck
  • DattelisDattelis Member RarePosts: 1,458

I believe there was a mass-dupe cheat as well at the start of the expansion.
  • SKurjSKurj Member UncommonPosts: 157
    i missed d2 first time around....   sort of liking it... but not really enjoying the inventory management
    ultimateduck