Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PS4 or Xbox for a slow old man?

13»

Comments

• jitter77jitter77 Member UncommonPosts: 512
    Playstation definitely has the more twitch-less based exclusives. Things like Heavy Rain, Persona 5, Detroit: Become Human, Ni No Kuni II, Hidden Agenda, Until Dawn, etc. The Last of Us I + II should be fine if you play on easy too.

Playstation has much more interactive movie type games like Heavy Rain and Until Dawn. It seems to be a genre Sony like to work with. Plus, more jRPGs which are usually twitch-less.

Plus, you can pretty much get most of the Xbox exclusives on PC now and in the future.. so.. assuming you're already set up for PC gaming, Playstation is the logical choice to get access to everything.

I have both consoles and I use my Playstation way more than my Xbox. Mainly because if I can play a game on PC, I will. The ONLY games I've wanted to play on Xbox that aren't on PC are Halo 5 and the Masterchief Collection. My Xbox is gathering dust tbh.
    i bought zelda for "my daughter's" switch.  I was worried it would be too easy and kid friendly.   However the game is very difficult and at times i find it overwhelming.   A lot of enemies will 1 shot you and you have to have good twitch timing to parry attacks.   There is no clear path you can spend hours basically nothing there are like 120 shrines (puzzles) some are pretty difficult to figure out and 900 korok seeds to find
  • DarkLight1337DarkLight1337 Newbie CommonPosts: 11
    I would recommend a ps4, as the xbox and ps4 differ only marginally in specifications. In addition, you can buy the new generations at the end of this year and would wait until then. The prices will go down massively.

I personally also find the overlay easier to use on a ps4
  • SKurjSKurj Member UncommonPosts: 156
    i recently decided to make the same decision... i went with xbox due to game pass which for one fee i can get games for the PC and xbox..  no brainer...  (also 50+)
  • vickyboy007vickyboy007 Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    i have ps4 slim , but yeah old man can play this lol
  • HidesBehindShadowHidesBehindShadow Member UncommonPosts: 41
    edited June 2021
    GladDog said:
    I'm almost 60, and I just bought an Xbox One S.  I've been pretty much an exclusive PC gamer since the early 90s.  But I love how versatile the One S is, and the fact that 'Games with Gold gets you so many free games every month.  Mostly I have been playing DC Universe Online on it, and at first I was having a pretty good time.  I was able to get into a guild with a lot of players in their 30s, and it was fun. 

But the potty mouths on global chat have been getting more and more disrespectful, and especially if one of them loses a duel.  You would think the world just collapsed if they lost!  But most games have this type of stuff, it just seems like there has been a lot more of it on the console.  Before you say, 'just don't watch the global chat', that is where a lot of teaming requests come from.

Then someone started bad mouthing me because I refused to duel with them.  This person asked me 6 times to duel, but I was not interested in duelling a level 30 CR 159 on my level 15 CR12 alt.  I blew that off, but a couple of days later I had someone asking me to duel, which I declined.  Then they asked me again, and again, and again... I was in a safe house, so I zoned to the Watchtower.  But he figured out where I was going, followed me and asked me to duel, again... and again... and again...

So I logged off and have not logged back in since.  That was 6 days ago.

If that is the typical experience in a console game, why would I be interested?  I've decided to stick with PC gaming for now... maybe I will try the Xbox again in the future.

BTW I doubt the PS4 is any better.
    Yes it is better by miles, Xbox has always drawn a more immature player Base imo. That's not to say you don't get that on some games in ps4 but rarely imo.Also it depends what games you are playing.

What I do know is Ffxiv is one of if not the best mmo on console.

To the OP I defo go ps4 pro not standard ps4 and get yourself into ffxiv.
  • klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,949
    XBOX is superior between the two as far as what you get for your money. PS4 has more exclusives in that gen but that's all changed now with Microsoft buying up AAA studios like its Monopoly. XBOX also has a better UI Imo, it's simple to use. I hate the messy UI of Playstation it often reminds me of those late 90s JRPG games with confusing menus. 

Also, GamePass is the best bang for your buck in gaming right now. You can play Gamepass games on Console, PC, and Mobile all for one price. 
    "Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear. 

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    I’m an old man and I used my Xbox a lot more than I used by PS. But I also used my switch a lot more than my Xbox. But then again I used my PC’s a lot more than all the consoles put together.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    edited June 2021
    Xbox One for old man gaming. Game Pass for $15 a month gets you access to hundreds of titles and 4-5 free games a month. You will never run out of something to play. Also with Microsoft Rewards, with a few min every day spent using the Edge browser and just by playing Xbox games, you can get Game Pass for free most months. 

EDIT: Xbox One will also play the new Xbox titles, its something MS supports. Also, Xbox is a much better system when it comes to cross play. Sony is very close minded on the subject, means if you like to play with friends on PC with your console or Switch, you will have more freedom with Xbox. 

Also, Sony is already has a list of the newer games that will not be going to the PS4. 
    maskedweasel
  • SamuelKerrSamuelKerr Newbie CommonPosts: 10
    When I get old I am going to play games all day!! :smiley:
    maskedweasel
  • MarcoAmaraMarcoAmara Newbie CommonPosts: 2
    XBox is the best. It suits what you are looking for.
    maskedweasel
  • tiffany_sttiffany_st Newbie CommonPosts: 7
    edited April 2022
    To me, they are about the same.
    PS4/5 has its exclusive games. Xbox has its subscription.
    maskedweasel
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited April 2022
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • cindrellajamescindrellajames Newbie CommonPosts: 2
    My Xbox One is great. As we said before, both of them have a good selection of games. I'd go through them and figure out which one you want to play. In the end I went with Xbox because I liked Halo so much! The extras that Xbox has that make it more than just a video game system, in my opinion, help make it more valuable to me.
  • Zonez3680Zonez3680 Newbie CommonPosts: 4
    jitter77 said:
    Playstation definitely has the more twitch-less based exclusives. Things like Heavy Rain, Persona 5, Detroit: Become Human, Ni No Kuni II, Hidden Agenda, Until Dawn, etc. The Last of Us I + II should be fine if you play on easy too.

Playstation has much more interactive movie type games like Heavy Rain and Until Dawn. It seems to be a genre Sony like to work with. Plus, more jRPGs which are usually twitch-less.

Plus, you can pretty much get most of the Xbox exclusives on PC now and in the future.. so.. assuming you're already set up for PC gaming, Playstation is the logical choice to get access to everything.

I have both consoles and I use my Playstation way more than my Xbox. Mainly because if I can play a game on PC, I will. The ONLY games I've wanted to play on Xbox that aren't on PC are Halo 5 and the Masterchief Collection. My Xbox is gathering dust tbh.
    i bought zelda for "my daughter's" switch.  I was worried it would be too easy and kid friendly.   However the game is very difficult and at times i find it overwhelming.   A lot of enemies will 1 shot you and you have to have good twitch timing to parry attacks.   There is no clear path you can spend hours basically nothing there are like 120 shrines (puzzles) some are pretty difficult to figure out and 900 korok seeds to find

check out this video!
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    About every ten years I get an itch to go and get the most recent console.....Last time I did, the thrill lasted about a month and it was right back to PC gaming...i havent touched the console in at least 2 years now.
  • OG_SolareusOG_Solareus Member RarePosts: 1,041
    edited February 2023
    xbox, the latest one.

dang got caught in the necro 1000dmg  :blush:
  • Ankit_TiwariAnkit_Tiwari Newbie CommonPosts: 4
    Hey guys,

I'm still considering my console options.  Switch is sold out everywhere, and I guess right now, I'd basically just be buying it to play Zelda.  So I've been considering a PS4 or Xbox.

Question is, which of those two has more laid back, easier, less twitchy game options for a slow, uncoordinated old timer?  Or are they about the same libraries, other than a few exclusive titles?

Thanks!

Both the PS4 and Xbox offer a diverse range of games suitable for various playstyles, including more laid-back and casual gaming experiences. While both consoles have their exclusive titles, they share a considerable number of games in their libraries.

For a slower-paced and less intense gaming experience, both systems offer a plethora of options. The PS4 boasts relaxing games like "Journey," "Flower," and "Everybody's Gone to the Rapture." On the Xbox, you might find games such as "Ori and the Blind Forest," "Unravel," and "Stardew Valley," offering enjoyable and less demanding