I can't claim credit for this as I saw it on Reddit first but it seems genius to me:
- Territory control is determined by WARs
- WARs currently have 100 players. 50 on each side.
- To help prevent one faction from steamrolling, make the number of players each side gets depend on the number of territories each holds
- If both have the same number of territories then each side gets 50
- If one side has 4 territories and the other 6. The side with 4 would get 60 players and the side with 6 would get 40 players
- It the side with 6 territories wins and it's now 7 territories to 3 territories the next WAR would give the underdogs 70 players and the larger faction 30 Players.
Seems like a great and dynamic solution to the problem. It gets progressively harder to win more territory and it incentivizes the smaller factions to fight. I think maybe the numbers can get tweaked a bit so I wouldn't be hung up on them, but the concept itself of adjusting attackers/defenders based on territory control is a good one.
All time classic MY NEW FAVORITE POST! (Keep laying those bricks)
"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator
Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017.
Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018
"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018