Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Was wondering

RenshoRensho Member Posts: 14

I used to play guild wars when it was first realeased and just didnt find it all that fun with all the instancing...Im not asking if factions removed this because I know it didnt.

Anyways,is GW worth getting back into now that factions is out?what are the new classes like and the new areas?anything to do but pvp now?

thanks

Comments

• exanimoexanimo Member UncommonPosts: 1,301

Originally posted by Rensho
    I used to play guild wars when it was first realeased and just didnt find it all that fun with all the instancing...Im not asking if factions removed this because I know it didnt.
    Anyways,is GW worth getting back into now that factions is out?what are the new classes like and the new areas?anything to do but pvp now?
    thanksimage

pvp as always been the end game content the way i see it

lots of new stuff to do in factions

and if you stop playing long time ago , you may find new stuff in profecies as well : sorrow furance , tomb of primeval kings

• RenshoRensho Member Posts: 14
    have they at least released a few new pvp modes,the old ones were f'ing repetitive.
  • Mikes123Mikes123 Member Posts: 114

Factions introduces 2 new gamemodes for PvP

they have "alliance battles" where 3 teams of 4 face off against 3 other teams (that is 12v12 total) and battle over control points.
    these maps also contain a limited amount of npcs that will defend control points after you take them, and a huge dragon that will assist the side that holds the "Dragon's roost". the control points also offer various other boni to the controlling team, like a defense boost, forward resurrection etc. the game will also change maps to maps that benefit the side that is losing the most battles to keep battles balanced and interesting.

the other part is the "competitive" missions: Fort Aspenwood and Jade Quarry. a mix of PvP and PvE play where you try to reach a certain objective (like: assault the fortress and kill the "architect" in fort aspenwood) and the other team has the goal of hindering you to reach that objective. (by killing you :P repairing their fortress defenses and killing your npc siege weapons and ultimately letting their architect finish an "ultimate weapon of doom" that will make the other team lose - if given enough time)

i find it a lot of fun;)

if you found the old pvp modes "f******" repetitive, then i don t know if you will like the new ones.
    i play a variety of game and enjoy having to deal with other players and outwitting them, you never know what to expect... but ultimately all PvP can be considered "repetitive" if you only look at the gamemode, and not gameplay. Be it an fps shooter like counterstrike, UT2004 or an RTS like starcraft....... or Guildwars. /shrugs

That being said, i guess you would consider deathmatch gameplay in UT2004 "f' repetitive" too. i however still enjoy it occasionally even after all the years and am looking forward to UT2007. Chess is "f'ing" repetitive too btw, by your definition of it :::coughs::::::